Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default WIFES S3 broke By ITSELF!!!

So my wife and I were online shopping at the dinner table. Her s3 was playing pandora as I asked to switch the channel picked it up put it down no prob. 15 minutes later she recieved a text as i pressed the button to tell her whom it was I noticed a hairline crack straight across the screen. No drop no anything only 1 month old!!!! What to do now I seriously think there is a glass defect and overheating is causing this problem. Anyone????

Default Re: WIFES S3 broke By ITSELF!!!

Apparently, this has occurred more than once. A quick search finds more than one online thread about it.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Phones not broken, it still functions. It's just a crack....
    I was thinking the phone self destructed or something
    BergerKing likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lbkiml View Post
    Phones not broken, it still functions. It's just a crack....
    I was thinking the phone self destructed or something
    The screen is broken, functional but broken... You're nitpicking lol

Sent from my Red GS3
    Thanked by:
    BergerKing likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

yeah I saw all the posts throughout just wanted to start a new one and see what were the results from these defective cheap korean phones.
    If the screens are defective on some phones the company should recognize as apple did when they had the antenna problems.
    BergerKing likes this.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

I have seen some posts about this in the past. I have a release date S3 and mine has none. However the screens on these devices do seem to break easy! Not good IMO but I still love my S3 no less so far!
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

Contact your carrier for warranty replacement.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    BergerKing likes this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Samsung will NEVER admit theres a bad batch of glass and recall unless a major site *cough android central* did an exquiry/pole!
    It would cost them a fortune and damage thier pride.
    Im one of the lucky ones who has a dented bezel, scratched and dented battery cover and flawless screen (no protection)
    Someone big has to do something or youre all screwed :thumbdown:

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK

Not sure how of this thread is but my wife's s3 screen just cracked the other day less than 1 week after buying it at t-mobile.

Were tight on funds and its 130 to replace it with the warranty wtf?

Samsung needs to do something

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Everyone with a sub-standard glass... tell a Mod... maybe someone can get done.
    Theres been threads about this since i joined and we're just tellin eachother when its SAMSUNG who need to know.
    Its impossible to prove you didnt damage the screen without misuse so someone has to do a major quality control check on the manufacturer and get some answers about the micro SD problem while we're at it.

I duno how to start these mass things but someone must?

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK

Quote Originally Posted by MasTeR.LeGenD View Post
    So my wife and I were online shopping at the dinner table. Her s3 was playing pandora as I asked to switch the channel picked it up put it down no prob. 15 minutes later she recieved a text as i pressed the button to tell her whom it was I noticed a hairline crack straight across the screen. No drop no anything only 1 month old!!!! What to do now I seriously think there is a glass defect and overheating is causing this problem. Anyone????
    U sure it couldnt have happened in her purse or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle View Post
    The screen is broken, functional but broken... You're nitpicking lol

Sent from my Red GS3
    It's not really nitpicking. She's had the phone for a month and it's obviously faulty. I know with as much as I paid for mine, it it did that, I would be at the store throwing a fit. My battery keeps overheating. I get a voice warning when it overheats. I'm gonna go get a new battery, it probly won't help but it's worth a shot

O_o WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

Seems like this has happened to a few people, not enough to call it an epidemic and pull out the pitchforks.

File a manufacturer warranty claim. A hair line crack and a shattered screen are very different. They can't prove it was dropped (especially if you make a big stink about it).

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

Unlike with antenna problems that can be replicated or quantified, how will you ever prove your screen didn't break because you sat on it? I still don't think there is some bad "batch" of phones, I just think that the luck of the draw is some people avoid scratches from keys while others are not so lucky. You have to remember, this isn't your old droid or phone with gorilla glass, this is your new 4.8 thin LED with gorilla glass 2. No one ever said it was scratch proof or break proof.

I would say try and take it to the place you bought it from. Tell them it cracked somehow. Tell them that as there is no visible scratches or drops anywhere, you don't know how it happened. Thats the best you can do. It's just the unfairness of life, sometimes these things happen.

Quote Originally Posted by hell_on_heels View Post
    It's not really nitpicking. She's had the phone for a month and it's obviously faulty. I know with as much as I paid for mine, it it did that, I would be at the store throwing a fit. My battery keeps overheating. I get a voice warning when it overheats. I'm gonna go get a new battery, it probly won't help but it's worth a shot

I wasn't talking to the op I was talking to the person who said it wasn't broken because it was a hairline crack... Lol read the post I quoted.

Sent from my Red GS3
    BergerKing likes this.

I have a very small(unnoticeable unless you look for it) crack near the middle towards the bottom of my screen. I can confirm that I never placed it in my pockets with keys, dropped it, or anything crazy. However I find it hard to believe when people say stuff along the lines of "huge crack down the center of my phone", or "screen randomly shattered" but then go on to claim they'e always babied their phones, never dropped etc...However there could be a bad batch of Gorilla Glass 2 out there.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!
    BergerKing likes this.

Whats up with the micro SD funky?
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Ok so a little backgroud my wife and I had iphones since they came out my wife has had a 3g for years now not a scratch perfect to this day. I say come on lets go android I want note 2 her s3. She got the s3 1st I dont have my note yet. 1 month!!!!! read my post it cracked itself on the table also my wifes phone cracked more yesterday just being there! I left it on the table the whole day she used her iphone. It spidered more on its own. I wish I could have videoed it but had to work. There has to be a bad batch of glass out there!!!! Plus her phone was getting really hot so maybe this caused the glass to pop????????
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by MasTeR.LeGenD View Post
    Ok so a little backgroud my wife and I had iphones since they came out my wife has had a 3g for years now not a scratch perfect to this day. I say come on lets go android I want note 2 her s3. She got the s3 1st I dont have my note yet. 1 month!!!!! read my post it cracked itself on the table also my wifes phone cracked more yesterday just being there! I left it on the table the whole day she used her iphone. It spidered more on its own. I wish I could have videoed it but had to work. There has to be a bad batch of glass out there!!!! Plus her phone was getting really hot so maybe this caused the glass to pop????????
    Question.........

......is the S3 with or without a case?
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

No case when pandora was playing just sitting on the dinner table, no case when it sat on the table for the whole day and she used her iphone as a replacement swapped sims. I had it multitasking and charging for the day when I got home from work more cracks just sitting there. This is definately an internal overheating problem as I feel that is causing internal preassure pushing up on the lcd, to glass.

Truth be told OP there is very little the community can do to help you or ease the pain. Things like this just happen sometimes. I remember an iPod I had randomly had a cracked screen one day and it was sitting snuggly in my glove compartment. I just had to suck it up and pay for repair. It's like if your car had an issue and you couldn't fix it yourself, take it to the shop, deal with it (I suggest the former), and if you feel like it's a manufacturer defect contact them right away.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!
    funkylogik likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Truly sorry for all those who have had this happen to them. I was about to pick up a S3 today, but after reading this forum, as well as the other one provided by the link on the other page, I have decided to go with the note 2. I am asking around to see if this has been happening with the note 2, but I really hope it isn't. Of course, even though it shouldn't, it COULD happen to any phone. I just haven't heard anything like this with the N2.

I hope you eventually find a solution!
    Nokia 3220-->Motorola Razr-->Sidekick LX-->HTC G1-->Motorola Cliq-->HTC Thunderbolt-->Samsung Galaxy Note II
    funkylogik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeJones View Post
    Truly sorry for all those who have had this happen to them. I was about to pick up a S3 today, but after reading this forum, as well as the other one provided by the link on the other page, I have decided to go with the note 2. I am asking around to see if this has been happening with the note 2, but I really hope it isn't. Of course, even though it shouldn't, it COULD happen to any phone. I just haven't heard anything like this with the N2.

I hope you eventually find a solution!
    I have the S3 and it gets hot when I'm using it while it charges. But I haven't had any problems with the glass breaking. Samsung knows it's happening. They just won't admit it. Maybe they have removed the remaining faulty phones from the market.

funkylogik likes this.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Gonna go to the att warranty store fri wish me luck!
    Thanked by:
    funkylogik likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast