Why does brightness get very dim only when using browser?

lesorkim

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
My wife's SGS3 has recently started doing something odd. When she launches the internet app (the stock one called "Internet" with the blue globe icon) the pages display VERY dim, like less than 10%. Switch to any other application and display is normal, switch back to browser and it is dim. Checked the settings and they are Brightness=100% and Automatic Brightness is unchecked. She does not have any auxillary brightness controllers (like Lux) and it is just the browser app. Even the Google Navigator works fine. Any ideas?

Verison USA service. Standard Setup, not unlocked or ROM'ed.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
When you said you checked the settings, did you mean the internet settings or the main phone settings? The internet app has a brightness slider of its own

minnieusa

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
i had the same problem. i deleted stock browser and went to dolphin. i now have a very bright screen. display is uncgecked auto and put brightness all the way

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

lesorkim

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
When you said you checked the settings, did you mean the internet settings or the main phone settings? The internet app has a brightness slider of its own
Yes, I meant the phone brightness setting. I looked for a brightness setting on the app and didn't find it, where is it??

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I thought something was wrong also. There is a brightness setting within the browser to dim the backlight to save battery life while browsing. You can manually turn the brightness up in the settings for the browser if you want, so try that and you should be good. I would agree with the previous post and download Dolphin browser. It's way better and had some more features. Stock Internet app is blah. Good luck

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I meant the phone brightness setting. I looked for a brightness setting on the app and didn't find it, where is it??

just open the browser to any page, hit the menu button and one of your options there will be brightness. If for some reason it isnt there, go into setting and it should be there.

Brando203

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I tried adjusting the brightness inside the browser and it still wasn't as bright as the other apps. I found the solution however. Go into settings>power saving mode and uncheck "background color." This was also dimming my native email app, but it works fine now!

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I tried adjusting the brightness inside the browser and it still wasn't as bright as the other apps. I found the solution however. Go into settings>power saving mode and uncheck "background color." This was also dimming my native email app, but it works fine now!

I love you man. I've been trying to find the fix for the "blueish tint" almost a year ago. It's funny how the blue tint might save battery.

Ashleigh Mcfadden

May 20, 2013
Visit site
This problem is very easy to fix. First make sure you do not have the power save mode on or it will not work. Then open your browser and press the menu key and there you will fin your brightness setting. No need to download an app.

thomasv23

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Under power save options just uncheck the save power while browsing one. Simple

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 using the Android Central Forums app

duff24

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
None of this has helped me. When I change the brightness in the browser, it also changes the brightness for the whole phone! I haven't seen a good solution yet!

Lizzybee

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I Go into settings>power saving mode and uncheck "background color." This was also dimming my native email app, but it works fine now!

I don't have a background colour option in my power savings, the option to increase brightness in internet programme does leave it at below normal brightness, if I uncheck all powersavings I get the normal brightness back.

I really come to dread the damage android updates do, it takes ages to fix the havoc they cause,

Lizzybee

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
you can change brightness in the internet settings section, or the phone section, if you use the latter, it changes the phone, if you use the former it changes only the internet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch