Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    clean rom ics

Default I broke my S3 again.. Need new case

I broke my phone again. I dropped it and it landed on a corner. That was all she wrote for the screen. This is the 2nd time I have done this. Now, I am a cheap fish ****. I do not want to spend $50 on a case. Does anybody know of a good case that is around $20?

Also a like and thanks to anyone who can tell me what I meant by *fish *****

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by McPlot; 11-29-2012 at 10:04 PM.
    If at first you don't succeed, then sky driving is not for you.

Default Re: I broke my S3 again.. Need new case

So you'd rather break your phone than spend an extra $20 on a case? How do you even rationalize that?

I've got an OtterBox Commuter and an OtterBox Defender. They're actually both pretty close in size. Differences being that the Commuter is rubber wrapped in plastic, and the Defender is plastic wrapped in rubber with a built in screen protector (which if I were using the Defender I would quickly rip out).

The Defender is easier to grip, the Commuter can be a bit slippery at times.

I use the Commuter. I've added grip to the back and added a built in kickstand. I've dropped my phone a couple of times from 3'ish and my S3 has come out perfect every time, not a scratch ding or crack.

You being cheap is pretty expensive.
    Thanked by:
    McPlot 

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

I have had the following...

Otterbox Commuter - Its just to damn hard to put on and take off. Over all POOR design. Read the reviews on Amazon.

Otterbox Defender - Great case but the screen protector is a major failure. I have 2 defender cases. One white and one in black. The black one I ripped the screen protector off and used a Zagg IS with it for a short while. While the white defender case remains in tacked and lightly used.

But if your interested I can cut you a deal on any of these cases. PM me if you want on of them.

However if you want the perfect case....Look no further than
    On Amazon you can get it shipped for around $30 I think. Anyways good luck finding the perfect case for you!
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!
    Thanked by:
    McPlot 

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyWiz RLS13

So you're a cheap bass turd?
    Thanked by:
    McPlot 
    McPlot likes this.

Acase in white or black is on sale now for $9.95!! Dual layer protection!! You can't be any cheaper than that!!
    Thanked by:
    McPlot 

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

I have tried almost everything. At the moment I have a leather holster but I ordered the shell holster combo and the ringbo screen protectors. It was $11 for both of those shipped.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    4G LTE Thunderbolt
    Thanked by:
    McPlot 

I'm a big fan of my Seidio ACTIVE case. Decent amount of protection, easy to put on and remove, fairly inexpensive. Similar to the Otterbox Commuter, but I think it's easier to use and easier to grip.

Seidio also makes an ACTIVE case with a built-in kickstand. (I can't review this item, I've never used it).
    Thanked by:
    McPlot 

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by McPlot View Post
    Also a like and thanks to anyone who can tell me what I meant by *fish *****
    Well, according to Wikipedia...under a search for: 'fish ****' ...it asks: " Did you mean: fish pool " And then this . . .

The page "Fish ****" does not exist. You can ask for it to be created, but consider checking the search results below to see whether the topic is already covered:

Tarō Gomi
    Books published in English include Everyone Poops , Santa Through the Window, Where's the Fish? and The Crocodile and the Dentist. ...
    1 KB (148 words) - 05:33, 18 November 2012

Pooper-scooper (redirect from **** bag)
    A pooper-scooper, or **** scoop, is a device used to pick up animal feces from ... contaminates water, creating health hazards for people, fish, ducks, etc ... 9 KB (1,208 words) - 02:41, 29 September 2012

Ally McBeal (season 1)
    Richard Fish, to work in the firm he created with his friend John ... Caroline **** files a sexual harassment claim against Cage and Fish. | ... 20 KB (2,771 words) - 15:00, 12 August 2012

. . .and then:

Internet vigilantism (redirect from Dog **** girl)
    Dog **** Girl ... videos was later revealed to be called "Crushfetish" who pay young girls to crush fish, insects, rabbits and other small animals. ...
    34 KB (5,181 words) - 05:58, 14 November 2012

The OtterBox Commuter is probably a good choice and good overall protection, imo, without being as bulky as the OB Defender. I really didn't like the Defenders' built-in plastic screen protector on my last iPhone, and the Defender actually damaged the phone – by it's hard plastic case interior – causing deep scratches in the phones backside, which of course degraded the phones resale value.

I'm using this . It's the best case I've ever used, with the only negative– that it's a little slicker than I expected it to be, and it's in the $25.~$26. range.
    Last edited by fr3GStoGS3; 11-29-2012 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Poor punctuatin'
    Thanked by:
    McPlot 
    McPlot likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    clean rom ics

A big thank you to everyone who made a suggestion.

Special thanks and a like goes out to Flossofer for figuring out my play on words. Fish **** = bass turd.

Special Thanks to cgardner and fr3gstogs3 for the Urban armor UAG suggestions. Those just look way cool.

To grooverite for being a cheap fish **** like me and finding a $10 case that is better then my current one.

And back to fr3gstosg3. A like to him for pure effort. While he did not figure out my play on words, he went out of his way trying. I always say "Why do it when you can over do it?" So I respect him for it.

As for breaking my phones, it is not expensive at all. I have the Best Buy insurance. No co-pay. I just go 3 days without a phone (or use my touch pro 2) while they send out the replacement. Way better then Ashureon (not sure how that is spelled) that most cell carriers use. $100-$150 co-pay and you can only ever get it replaces twice ever.. no thanks

My current case.looks awsome, but no drop protection. $3.95 on eBay including shipping from china. Cat sold separately

I broke my S3 again.. Need new case-uploadfromtaptalk1354250153035.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    winmod21 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Here is the Ringbo screen protector pack: Amazon.com: Rearth Ultimate Clear Plus Samsung Galaxy S3 Rearth Ringbo Screen Protector for Sprint At&t T-Mobile Verizon US Cellular Unlocked i9300 3G GSM: Cell Phones & Accessories Generally the cheaper protectors are around that price range. I am kinda picky about screen protectors so for all I know I may send these back.

Here is the shell/holster: Amazon.com: Shell Holster Combo Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 with Kick-Stand -AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, US Cellular and Sprint: Cell Phones & Accessories This is quite possibly the best case for the S3 in my opinion. For the price and what you get that is.
    4G LTE Thunderbolt
    Thanked by:
    McPlot 

ROM

Bass turd!? . . . Bass turd!?! . . . how in the world do you get 'bass turd' out of 'fish ****' !?!? The two words don't even have the same letters, except for the 's', for crying pooping out loud !!! :rolleyes: lol

Of course my sincere thanks, McPlot, for your likes, thanks and honourable mention and all . . . but wow, really?
    Looking back, I'm not sure I properly understood the contest rules. . . . I wonder, is there someplace I might file a challenge?
    Thanked by:
    McPlot 
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

ROM
    clean rom ics

Basturd (bsss turd) as in the cuss word. A bass is a type of fish. A **** is also a turd

Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    I have had the following...

Otterbox Commuter - Its just to damn hard to put on and take off. Over all POOR design. Read the reviews on Amazon.

Otterbox Defender - Great case but the screen protector is a major failure. I have 2 defender cases. One white and one in black. The black one I ripped the screen protector off and used a Zagg IS with it for a short while. While the white defender case remains in tacked and lightly used.

But if your interested I can cut you a deal on any of these cases. PM me if you want on of them.

However if you want the perfect case....Look no further than
    On Amazon you can get it shipped for around $30 I think. Anyways good luck finding the perfect case for you!
    Had the OB defender on my s3,ripped out the screen protector and got a zagg hd,slapped it on,done deal.

My one x is better then your one x!!
    /
    D:
    \
    Thanked by:
    McPlot 

ROM

Basturd (bsss turd) as in the cuss word. A bass is a type of fish. A **** is also a turd
    Oh! . . 'Basturd' . . okay, okay, I get it now.
    FWIW, it was not necessary to explain that: 'A bass is a type of fish.' & 'A **** is also a turd' . . :rolleyes:
    But thanks all the same, McPlot.

Btw, I think I saw the OtterBox Commuter, on Amazon, in the $16.~ $20. range, last time I checked.
    Thanked by:
    McPlot 
    McPlot likes this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

ROM
    clean rom ics

Ok, my wife brow beat me into buying the otter box defender while we were at the mall.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

I agree with a previous poster about the UAG Case
    Amazon.com: Urban Armor Gear GLXS3-COMP-WHT-VP Composite Case with Impact Resistant Bumpers for Samsung Galaxy S3/S3 - White: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Awesome case, I have the WHITE for my WHITE S3, VERY HAPPY with it....I've already dropped my phone with no issue!
    I ordered mine Saturday nite and it was delivered Tuesday for FREE!
    I can't elaborate enough how this case looks and performs! Did I say awesome???
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Sorry that one is kinda ugly...

I have a red and black variation that's gorgeous. True red, black black. My problem is that I can't get my very-tight case-mate shell off my phone so I can put this back on.

Any ideas about how to get the shell off without damaging either the phone or the shell? The shell is almost as beautiful as the red and black one, and I'd like to be able to switch between them.

Case-mate:

Sent from my GT-I9300
    Last edited by sfrrr; 12-01-2012 at 11:57 PM.

ROM

Ok, my wife brow beat me into buying the otter box defender while we were at the mall.
    . . . . .McPlot, McPlot, McPlot . . :rolleyes: . . what are we gonna to do with you?

Um, eh-um, excuse me, McPlot, but exactly what part of:

"~ I really didn't like the Defenders' built-in plastic screen protector on my last iPhone, and the Defender actually damaged the phone – by it's hard plastic case interior – causing deep scratches in the phones backside, which of course degraded the phones resale value."

. . . did you not understand?!
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

ROM
    clean rom ics

Quote Originally Posted by fr3GStoGS3 View Post
    . . . . .McPlot, McPlot, McPlot . . :rolleyes: . . what are we gonna to do with you?

Um, eh-um, excuse me, McPlot, but exactly what part of:

"~ I really didn't like the Defenders' built-in plastic screen protector on my last iPhone, and the Defender actually damaged the phone – by it's hard plastic case interior – causing deep scratches in the phones backside, which of course degraded the phones resale value."

. . . did you not understand?!
    What part of "my wife brow beat me" did you not understand.

ROM

Well for ****'s sake..:rolleyes:...for someone who started this thread off by describing thyself thusly: 'I am a cheap fish ****'...lol..there's certainly no need to be get so serious. But hey, whatever floats your boat...huh?
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

ROM
    clean rom ics

My wife got tired of new breaking my phone and got one

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Umm the stool of a cod
    Any case is better than none, the $1.40 rubber case i use bounces around the lamintate floor and is great at home.. the leather flip case is sexy, protects screen and slips into pocket easy, would hate to drop it on its corner above pocket height though.
    Rubber one is so comfy i prefer it to naked
    (Giggidy)

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
    Thanked by:
    Bond32 

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

What he said. The S3 is pretty darn durable but if you roll without a case or even a minimal case be prepared for things to happen to it. Same goes with the screen protector... if you go without one be prepared to have some scratches at some point in the time you own the phone.

Personally I'm ocd, if the screen protector on the defender didn't suck so much I would have that case any day. I have settled on the commuter series. Highly recommend it. Also if you want value amazon.com has the shell holster for $5.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    4G LTE Thunderbolt
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast