1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Home button totally dead

PLEASE HELP........my home button is deader than dead and cant find a solution....looked on loads of sites and all they keep showing me is stuff like how how to stop Svoice..dunno if iv downloaded a dodgy app or summet that changes settings, cant figure it out... Any body know wots happening...

Default Re: Home button totally dead

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybum82 View Post
    PLEASE HELP........my home button is deader than dead and cant find a solution....looked on loads of sites and all they keep showing me is stuff like how how to stop Svoice..dunno if iv downloaded a dodgy app or summet that changes settings, cant figure it out... Any body know wots happening...
    Are you rooted?
    When did you notice it happen?
    Try restarting the phone

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybum82 View Post
    Pull the battery too. That may fix it. Does it turn your screen on? As in its dead 100%?

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!

If the button is really messed up you could try this as a temporary workaround: Button Savior:
    The only thing it won't allow you to do is wake the phone.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Do you mean it no longer works? It could be there is something wrong with the pressure plate underneath. Was the phone rooted or factory stock OS? If not, best bet is to get Samsung's warranty to cover it. No point risking or opening up your phone and replacing anything at this point either.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I'm not rooted thought lots to do so tho.tried taking battery out. havnt reset it yet. should I? it won't wake screen or nowt. I notice it happened few days ago. don't realize how much needed home button so much.. thanks for all ya comments

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums