Jellybean wiped my sd card??

limetree683

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

So far, not all that impressed with Jellybean - I switched to jellybean when prompted by my Galaxy S3 and once the phone restarted after I downloaded Jellybean I got a notification on my phone that my sd card was blank. I've tried putting it into another phone and it appears well and truly wiped, lost my music, my photos, my vids. The sd card was working fine up until that point. Am I right to blame Jellybean for this? Is there any way to get my stuff back?

Also - another thing with Jellybean, the text and the phone itself can be a little laggy, I'll start typing out a text message only for no letters to appear for a bit then suddenly they will all appear in a bunch a couple of seconds later; when I open up messages, the phone numbers load and the actual names of the message senders load a couple of seconds later. Again - Jellybean's fault?

EDIT: And I forgot to mention - I can't seem to cut and paste anymore after the upgrade to JB! Now say, when I cut and paste a link and try to paste it in a text message, I can cut it ok, then in the text box, I hold down on the screen and the clipboard icon comes up ok, but once I tap on it, nothing happens. None of this stuff ever happened with Icecream sandwich.

Any advice would be appreciated - thanks!

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hope you get things sorted out, limetree683. I'm still on ICS, of course w/ AT&T, so can't try to help you, but I'll be following this thread of yours, as I learned the hard way, over 4 years w/ iPhones, that oftentimes an 'update' . . . can not be your friend. :( Good luck with getting things sorted.

You might try going over to the xda forums, possibly this sub-forum ? and posting another thread there. Folks are usually very helpful there on xda, where you can also find a sub-forum for your carrier specific device.

. . .whoops! . .I had the wrong link above; changed it to the general S III [I9300, I9305] forum? not seeing which carrier you're on. ;)

Last edited:

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
That's funny. I had a copy and paste issue in 4.0.4 where I had to copy rhe rext three times to be able to paste. Now it works.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

limetree683

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hope you get things sorted out, limetree683. I'm still on ICS, of course w/ AT&T, so can't try to help you, but I'll be following this thread of yours, as I learned the hard way, over 4 years w/ iPhones, that oftentimes an 'update' . . . can not be your friend. :( Good luck with getting things sorted.

You might try going over to the xda forums, possibly this sub-forum ? and posting another thread there. Folks are usually very helpful there on xda, where you can also find a sub-forum for your carrier specific device.

. . .whoops! . .I had the wrong link above; changed it to the general S III [I9300, I9305] forum? not seeing which carrier you're on. ;)

Thanks for the good vibes and the link :) If I get any answers I will post back here. I used to have a blackberry and switched over to the S3 because it came so highly recommended, but I'm not feeling it. Maybe I just need to take the time and personalise everything properly and once I've invested that time it will get better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad