1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HBO GO.... save videos for later?

First off, I'm a legal paying subscriber to HBO and have been for some time, so let's get the ethics out of the equation.

I've recently started a job that I'll be on for a while, Wi-Fi is not an option and 3g is spotty at best. Is there a way that I can download the streaming video (the night before while eating dinner or something) so that I can watch it while at work on my downtime?

I'm rooted if it matters.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.
    Last edited by gilbequick; 12-01-2012 at 06:18 PM.

ROM
    clean rom ics

Default Re: HBO GO.... save videos for later?

If you have Comcast, the Xfinity player app does cache premium channels like HBO for offline viewing now. Just make sure you have the newest version of that app. I do not know if HBOgo does it or not.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    If at first you don't succeed, then sky driving is not for you.

HBOgo is a stream only service. If you want to do it legitimately, just buy shows from Google or Amazon and DL them at home.

You could always use 'other means' to get TV shows. Regardless if you subscribe to the service or not, downloading copywritten content without paying for it is like murder

CleanROM 5.0
    Please check out:
    My Podcast -
    My Blog -

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

I know theres an app like a screen shot but in video.. cant remember the name and have no idea of the quality sorry.
    Must be somethin similar/better for pc.
    Whats HBO btw?

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    Whats HBO btw?
    HBO is a premium (paid subscription) movie channel for tv.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Like Netflix but better?

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by jaj6503 View Post
    HBOgo is a stream only service. If you want to do it legitimately, just buy shows from Google or Amazon and DL them at home.

You could always use 'other means' to get TV shows. Regardless if you subscribe to the service or not, downloading copywritten content without paying for it is like murder
    I'm not buying the shows (again), I'm already paying for them and can watch them whenever I'd like, as long as I can get a good Wi-Fi signal. With a DVR and a Sling Box I can watch everything that's on my tv at any time, again with a Wi-Fi or lte signal, but unfortunately the signal is an issue for me.

This is for me to watch on my phone, nothing else, no funny business. I only want to view what I've paid for and currently in good standing have a legal, continuing subscription to. I know the downloading part is the somewhat shady part, but I'm not concerned with that as I have zero intent to redistribute anything. Hell my memory is only so big so I'll only have at the most 2 shows saved at a time.

I know how to hack into my DVR and get what I'm after that way, but that's not my goal. I'm trying to make this as easy/convenient as possible.

Any other suggestions? Thanks again.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by jaj6503 View Post

CleanROM 5.0
    Please check out:
    My Podcast -
    My Blog -
    MURDER! :P

GT-I9300, UK

ROM
    clean rom ics

Home Box Office, HBO is s pay TV station in the USA (to answer that other question)

Do you have Comcast? As I said, Xfinity TV Player does HBO content and let's you save it for offline viewing.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    If at first you don't succeed, then sky driving is not for you.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

So what kinda dollar you talkin?
    And can it be shared among devices like netflx (in other words could i use a parents login)
    Is it a US thing and does anyone know of a UK based equivalent?

GT-I9300, UK

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    So what kinda dollar you talkin?
    And can it be shared among devices like netflx (in other words could i use a parents login)
    Is it a US thing and does anyone know of a UK based equivalent?

It can be shared like netflix, but probably not in Europe (unless you mock your location). I like HBO for their original programming (shows like The Sopranos, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Extras, ext.).

OP, do what you gotta do. It wouldn't be ok for us to tell you how to obtain these shows using nefarious means (could get the boards in hot water) but I can tell you that the uTorrent app is free on the Google Play Store.

CleanROM 5.0
    Please check out:
    My Podcast -
    My Blog -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HBO GO....  save videos for later?-uploadfromtaptalk1354423373991.jpg  

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Sounds pish anyway
    ftw Bbc iPlayer

GT-I9300, UK