"looping" reload of Default homepage (Google)

russraff32

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks

I've had my GS3 for a month, and have been pretty happy with it.

Last week, whenever I started up the browser (out-the-box, have not changed anything I am aware of) it started constantly looping. I could not type anything in the search criteria, tho' I can occasionally get to the address bar and get to another site - at which point there is no probpem.

Any idea why the Google search page makes things behave this way?

I have restarted the phone - did not help.

Also, how do you change the homepage in the default browser? If I could do that, it would be a slight improvement!

Thanks!

russ

Chucky1

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Mine is doing the same thing. I hit classic view and back to mobile view and it will stop for a little while then start again...

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I dont use that browser but there will be a way to set homepage i think.
Maybe u have to be on a page to set it as homepage?
......just tried it. Look down :)

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
^ :)
Homepage is the default web page the browser will go to with no tabs open

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

russraff32

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
OK All - thanks for the Home Page setting info...

NOW - back to the looping on the Google Search page... anyone got anything on that issue?

russ

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
No idea bro but your address bar uses Google search so why have to go to google.com anyway? ;)

Just realised i DONT see any thanks and it was YOU who asked about changing homepage :)

Chucky1

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
No idea bro but your address bar uses Google search so why have to go to google.com anyway? ;)

Just realised i DONT see any thanks and it was YOU who asked about changing homepage :)

Look up...

davidlnewman

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
^ :)
Homepage is the default web page the browser will go to with no tabs open

So there is no shortcut to go to the homepage in the browser? I want to go to back the home page after I finish looking at another page.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca