1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung calendar and default alarm?

Is there a way to get the default calendar to automatically set the default alarm whenever a new event is created? Right now, I have to manually tap the Reminder button on every new appointment I enter. I'd much rather have it automatically apply a 15 minute reminder, and change it if I need to.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Default Re: Samsung calendar and default alarm?

Stock calendar has default under settings

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Which sets what the default interval is, but doesn't make the calendar automatically give every appointment a notification. At least not that I can see.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts

The option should turn on a reminder by default when you make a new event. I don't think there is a way to update all existing events automatically.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks, but it doesn't seem to do that on mine. If I create a new appt, and don't tap the "Reminder" line, I get no reminder. If I tap the reminder line on the Detail View, it defaults to the value I entered in settings, but I still have to manually say I want a reminder each time I create an appointment.

I've tried the Google calendar, and it works the way I want it to, and seem to be acceptable in other respects, so I guess that's my solutions.

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts

That seems weird. The stock calendar has my default reminder set in details when I add an event. Ok, I just checked something. If I add a task or use 'quick add' I don't get the default reminder. I only get the default when I use the full details page to add an event, which is typically what I use. Are you using quick add or tasks?