Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree11Likes

Default Re: can't change bottom row of home screen apps galaxy s3

sorry but I have none of theoptions suggested on my Galaxy S3???
    also wnat to change those buttons , did it once ages ago but forgot

Hi! I want to change - replace "apps" dock icon on my galaxy s3 mini but I don't know how!? Other icons I can replace and change with icons of galaxy s2 example...
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by sydoz56 View Post
    sorry but I have none of theoptions suggested on my Galaxy S3???
    also wnat to change those buttons , did it once ages ago but forgot
    Are you asking about the Home, or Lock screen?
    This thread has gotten scrambled.

I mean on home screen!

I'm a galaxy note2 Optus user : same issue. I was so hoping they would fix it in v4.3, but it didn't happen. So I will have to keep using 3rd party launcher. Why would Samsung do this? They don't want people to use their default launcher? I was more suspecting our stupid carriers who always want to lock in their bloatware; perhaps they asked Samsung to lock in a specific screen so that it is easier for them to support it?
    Slart likes this.

Hello! (SGS3 - newest software)

At the beginning I just would like to say "Hi", and that I have signed in only to say what was my problem with the dock icons. And what was the solution.

Solution for me was simple and/or stupid. I was just playing through the options. Switching on and off different of them. After I came out, at one point, I noticed that at my Home Screen in the Dock Bar there is only "Apps" button (I am not sure how its called in your languages, also possible "Home" button - the one that shows you all the apps). It was completely uneditable. Of course previously it was editable. Since I was sure that I caused this situation (manipulating in options) I knew that solution to bring back "editability" is in options. There was no obvious option that could regard our problem. As I mentioned: the answer is either strange or stupid.

ANSWER:
    TEXT/FONT SIZE.

When I changed font size to "big", the Dock became uneditable.

Hope it helps. To some.
    GSDer likes this.

I'm not sure if you ever found the answer to your question. I was looking thru the forum because i was having the same issue with my phone and found yours. I also found no one was able to help with this. I just wanted to share with you what i found. The last update that happened in my samsung account on my phone somehow changed the background on my phone. One day all of a sudden i had these icons at the bottom that looked like they were overlayed. i started moving them but they were still there when i came back from edit, i couldn't touch them to open or anything. Whats worse my apps icon there was overlay-ed over my phone button leaving me not being able to get to my phone because whenever i pressed the button, the apps launched. Long story short i ended up finding that the background although it was the same picture as the one i had previously, was a screenshot of the previous background. I do not know how its happened, but once i moved the picture and went back in my gallery to find the photo without the icons at the bottom, all worked just fine.
    GSDer likes this.

Thanks so much Dankoi!! Made my day! This worked a charm.

Thanks Dankoi, ur advice hit the nail on the spot : D
    I have had this issue for over a yr, dint understand the concept of givin up ; p
    Had to install Ultimate Rotation Control app first, then followed ur instructions of edit from homescreen then skroll the notification down and activate the URC to make the homescreen configure to landscape, then the change the icons one at a time. Yay, im over the moon that it worked, Thanks again

So I moved the default Mail icon off by mistake, but I will not get it back there....

Thanks Dankoi (#61)

Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with 4.1.2 on Vodafone.
    Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7" with 4.1.2 on Vodafone.

I too am an Aussie who used to be able to alter the Apps in the Favourites Tray/Dock (i. e. Row of apps at the very bottom of the home screen(s) on my Note2. But alas, no more... NOTHING!

Just like other Aussies have described, absolutely no options to alter any of these shortcuts to Apps - no Bin appears, nothing happens. I can however change the apps and widgets on the homescreen(s) and lockscreen, but not the Favourites Tray.
    As a few Aussies have described it was a 'loss of function' in the 4.1.2 update in Australia - a Samsung action, not a carrier.

I had set these apps about 1.5 years ago on my GN2 and only recently tried to alter one App, the Internet Browser, since I've realised the power of Chrome's function across devices (In particular having access to my PC bookmarks on mobile and tablet).

I also recently got a Galaxy Tab2 from a friend (she's upgraded) and cannot change the Apps in the Favourites Tray. Until I read Dankoi's solution at post #61!

Thanks so much Dankoi!

I have only been able to do this on the Tablet - constant rotation from lanscape to portrait and tee device seems to fight me all the way, but I did it!
    Unfortunately, it doesn't work for the Smartphone. The info on the display of the GN2 does not change orientation when you rotate the screen in "edit homescreen".
    So that's probably the same thing for S3, etc

Hello all, my samsung galaxy's s3 shortcuts in the lower screen line (messaging, phone etc) got crazy. For example the shortcut "messaging" get erased by itself or transformed to shortcut "contacts". What's wrong?can't change bottom row of home screen apps galaxy s3-samsung-s3-problem.jpg

Question Re: can't change bottom row of home screen apps galaxy s3

Please ignore - wrong post.

Question Re: can't change bottom row of home screen apps galaxy s3

Srambo217, sorry to pick up this old post - what is the date widget you are using on your front screen please?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234