Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree8Likes

Default Re: can't change bottom row of home screen apps galaxy s3

sorry but I have none of theoptions suggested on my Galaxy S3???
    also wnat to change those buttons , did it once ages ago but forgot

Hi! I want to change - replace "apps" dock icon on my galaxy s3 mini but I don't know how!? Other icons I can replace and change with icons of galaxy s2 example...
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by sydoz56 View Post
    sorry but I have none of theoptions suggested on my Galaxy S3???
    also wnat to change those buttons , did it once ages ago but forgot
    Are you asking about the Home, or Lock screen?
    This thread has gotten scrambled.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

I mean on home screen!

I'm a galaxy note2 Optus user : same issue. I was so hoping they would fix it in v4.3, but it didn't happen. So I will have to keep using 3rd party launcher. Why would Samsung do this? They don't want people to use their default launcher? I was more suspecting our stupid carriers who always want to lock in their bloatware; perhaps they asked Samsung to lock in a specific screen so that it is easier for them to support it?

Hello! (SGS3 - newest software)

At the beginning I just would like to say "Hi", and that I have signed in only to say what was my problem with the dock icons. And what was the solution.

Solution for me was simple and/or stupid. I was just playing through the options. Switching on and off different of them. After I came out, at one point, I noticed that at my Home Screen in the Dock Bar there is only "Apps" button (I am not sure how its called in your languages, also possible "Home" button - the one that shows you all the apps). It was completely uneditable. Of course previously it was editable. Since I was sure that I caused this situation (manipulating in options) I knew that solution to bring back "editability" is in options. There was no obvious option that could regard our problem. As I mentioned: the answer is either strange or stupid.

ANSWER:
    TEXT/FONT SIZE.

When I changed font size to "big", the Dock became uneditable.

Hope it helps. To some.
    Thanked by:
    GSDer 

I'm not sure if you ever found the answer to your question. I was looking thru the forum because i was having the same issue with my phone and found yours. I also found no one was able to help with this. I just wanted to share with you what i found. The last update that happened in my samsung account on my phone somehow changed the background on my phone. One day all of a sudden i had these icons at the bottom that looked like they were overlayed. i started moving them but they were still there when i came back from edit, i couldn't touch them to open or anything. Whats worse my apps icon there was overlay-ed over my phone button leaving me not being able to get to my phone because whenever i pressed the button, the apps launched. Long story short i ended up finding that the background although it was the same picture as the one i had previously, was a screenshot of the previous background. I do not know how its happened, but once i moved the picture and went back in my gallery to find the photo without the icons at the bottom, all worked just fine.
    Thanked by:
    GSDer 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234