I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Maybe OP wasn't expecting it to solve world hunger but simply to vent his frustrations. Who are you to say whether or not it helped? This isn't XDA mind you. People can get on a message board and talk to people about what they are thinking at the moment. I do wish Android Central had seperate boards for rooters and non rooters. You guys get tired of non rooters complaining about not getting updates, and we non rooters get sick of you telling us that bricked phones and voided warranties are the end all answers to our issues.

I'm not frustrated one bit. Funny how you're the one being rude and I'm the one enjoying the benefits of Android 4.1.1.

CleanROM 5.0
Please check out:
My Podcast - http://cyberears.com/index.php/Show/audio/6030
My Blog - https://www.blogger.com/blogin.g?blogspotURL=http://bearpastarocketpop.blogspot.com/

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm not frustrated one bit. Funny how you're the one being rude and I'm the one enjoying the benefits of Android 4.1.1.

CleanROM 5.0
Please check out:
My Blog - https://www.blogger.com/blogin.g?blogspotURL=http://bearpastarocketpop.blogspot.com/

I'm not being rude. At least not intentionally. If you weren't frustrated, I doubt you would have commented on this thread. I also don't care what you're enjoying, cause I'm perfectly content with 4.0.4 for right now. You forget I'm not the OP. I just said Verizon should have the ability to be better with updates. Not that I need it.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

blackmarket

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Anyone's screen keep turning off while watching videos on default browser? Before it would never shut off and now not does after it thinks it's being inactive.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone's screen keep turning off while watching videos on default browser? Before it would never shut off and now not does after it thinks it's being inactive.

Id start another thread tbh bro. A quick look at this seems like a handbag fight.
Good luck ;)

(Maybe mess around with "time-out" or "smart-stay"?

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Id start another thread tbh bro. A quick look at this seems like a handbag fight.
Good luck ;)

(Maybe mess around with "time-out" or "smart-stay"?

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Sorry for being off topic, but have you seriously posted 8k times since May!? You should be rewarded somehow. That's gotta be an AC record of some sort.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. I don't have unlimited now either, so that isn't a deal breaker really. The big thing with this decision for me is cost.

I feel you but the thing is if you port your number over to them and use more than a certain amount that they don't disclose, your account is terminated and your number is lost.

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

hobbsave

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I hope all AT&T S3 owners already know that jelly bean 4.1.1 is now available via kies. 738megs.
It's great so far no issues. Butter!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for being off topic, but have you seriously posted 8k times since May!? You should be rewarded somehow. That's gotta be an AC record of some sort.

Lol long story but i gota be a good boy n stay in as much as i can so i express my geek side on here ;) lucky yous :)

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I feel you but the thing is if you port your number over to them and use more than a certain amount that they don't disclose, your account is terminated and your number is lost.

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

I don't want to sound like I am arguing with you because I actually very much appreciate the information. But do we now how often this happens? Like i've read the Straight Talk Terms and Conditions, and they do mention that they reserve the right to do this type of thing, but I was wondering if you know of specific cases where it's happened. It would be good to get some info on that before I make the jump. Thanks for the help!

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't want to sound like I am arguing with you because I actually very much appreciate the information. But do we now how often this happens? Like i've read the Straight Talk Terms and Conditions, and they do mention that they reserve the right to do this type of thing, but I was wondering if you know of specific cases where it's happened. It would be good to get some info on that before I make the jump. Thanks for the help!

Happened to my sister, and read about a few cases online.

I'll find you some examples but in the meantime check out ripoffreport.com

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Because us poor folks on Verizon,

I haven't read any of the responses, but I bet I can guess at the jist of them.

I'll only say that I'll take this, obtained inside a factory located in some of the most remote region of BFE Midwest farmland. I'll take widespread 4G like this any day over the minor updates listed on the latest JB update. YMMV.

Screenshot_2012-12-05-11-45-44.png

-Suntan

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Maybe OP wasn't expecting it to solve world hunger but simply to vent his frustrations. Who are you to say whether or not it helped? This isn't XDA mind you. People can get on a message board and talk to people about what they are thinking at the moment. I do wish Android Central had seperate boards for rooters and non rooters. You guys get tired of non rooters complaining about not getting updates, and we non rooters get sick of you telling us that bricked phones and voided warranties are the end all answers to our issues.

Mine phone is rooted and not bricked. Warranty? I can unroot and have it.

Ba-zing! ;)

You tell him to not preach root since you don't want to, like to, or whatever. But as one of your posts say about preconceived notions... Just because you root doesn't insta mean brick.. So take your own advice with preconceived notions.

People get to worked up over phones... I swear :rolleyes: they treat them like it's their personality. The guy telling the OP to root has the same right to discuss that in this thread as the OP had the right to vent his frustrations by creating this thread ... It goes both ways. So take a chill pill and everyone RELAX.

JB is nice but it's not some insane update lol :p

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Mine phone is rooted and not bricked. Warranty? I can unroot and have it.

Ba-zing! ;)

You tell him to not preach root since you don't want to, like to, or whatever. But as one of your posts say about preconceived notions... Just because you root doesn't insta mean brick.. So take your own advice with preconceived notions.

People get to worked up over phones... I swear :rolleyes: they treat them like it's their personality. The guy telling the OP to root has the same right to discuss that in this thread as the OP had the right to vent his frustrations by creating this thread ... It goes both ways. So take a chill pill and everyone RELAX.

JB is nice but it's not some insane update lol :p

Where did I tell him not to preach root? Also, I never said he couldn't voice his opinions. I was only telling him why OP and some of the others would disagree. Don't misinterpret that as me not being willing to hear people out. It was his way of saying that the OP had no right to complain (which I disagreed with) not that he was touting the benefits of rooting.

I think you have read our conversation and assumed we were fighting with pick axes and torches and ready for blood. That isn't the case at all. I am arguing the side of the non rooters, while he is arguing the side of the rooters. The only time I got remotely nasty was when I asked him why he felt that he could say the OP wasn't getting anywhere by venting. And even then I wasn't intending to be a jerk, simply wondering how anyone can say whether or not a venting session solves their frustrations or not.

And the reason I mentioned bricking the phone, is not because I said rooting always results in that, but the chances are VERY high of it happening when someone tries to root without knowing what they're doing. Sure, you can root without it happening and you deserve a big bright gold star for that. I am very proud of you and your accomplishments. However, I have no interest in rooting, so if I tried i'd probably brick my phone. Therefore, I do not go that route and instead I enjoy what I currently have. If I needed a different look to my homescreen, I wouldn't have bought this device. There are other options.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I think you have read our conversation and assumed we were fighting with pick axes and torches and ready for blood. That isn't the case at all.

And the reason I mentioned bricking the phone, is not because I said rooting always results in that, but the chances are VERY high of it happening when someone tries to root without knowing what they're doing. Sure, you can root without it happening and you deserve a big bright gold star for that. I am very proud of you and your accomplishments.

You say your not trying to start stuff but you write very dry sarcastic things like I deserve a gold star and stuff.. Yeah that's totally not starting a fight with pick axes by being a complete sarcastic a..

Again he can say what he wants. Some people feel they are above others so that's why he acted like the OP had no opinion.. Ignore him. I am sure the OP did.. Some people can't see the comedy in the OP.. Sure he is mad but he isn't really super pist off about to start a war.. As you said venting his frustrations which everyone has to do once in awhile.

But don't act innocent when you're going to post like you are.. It's not nice to be rude for no reason. Just because he's being a jerk doesn't mean you should be. All I said was rooting isn't always that (bricking your phone) which is true and what you said about possibly bricking sometimes can happen is also true.. But was i a sarcastic about it being rude? No..

So anyone back to the topic. Verizon started to push JB to the Note didn't it? So the s3 may be soon :p

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
You say your not trying to start stuff but you write very dry sarcastic things like I deserve a gold star and stuff.. Yeah that's totally not starting a fight with pick axes by being a complete sarcastic a..

Again he can say what he wants. Some people feel they are above others so that's why he acted like the OP had no opinion.. Ignore him. I am sure the OP did.. Some people can't see the comedy in the OP.. Sure he is mad but he isn't really super pist off about to start a war.. As you said venting his frustrations which everyone has to do once in awhile.

But don't act innocent when you're going to post like you are.. It's not nice to be rude for no reason. Just because he's being a jerk doesn't mean you should be. All I said was rooting isn't always that (bricking your phone) which is true and what you said about possibly bricking sometimes can happen is also true.. But was i a sarcastic about it being rude? No..

So anyone back to the topic. Verizon started to push JB to the Note didn't it? So the s3 may be soon :p

I'm not trying to act innocent. I pointed out that I did indeed say something that could appear nasty. I will however defend myself when someone jumps in (you) and mis-interprets my comments. If you take offense to it, that's your decision. Again, I did not intend to "start stuff" or whatever other accusation/label you have decided to give me. Just because I am not blowing my comments out of proportion like yourself doesn't mean I am trying to act innocent. I'll make a deal with you........I will take your advice and be better at ignoring people's comments if I disagree with them, if you take your own advice (which is something you told me to do) and ignore me since you disagree with me.

At this point I know you think i'm an a-- and that is definitely my own fault. But at the same time I wont apologize for responding when you called me out. Sorry if I was offensive and what not. If you read my other posts in this thread, I clearly am not TRYING to be a punk. I enjoy conversation such as the pro's and con's of rooting, Verizon, or whatever else in the cell phone realm. I have re read my posts a few times and I can't see where I was blatantly rude. Sarcastic, yes. But not rude. I can express my opinions and I feel that I explained my views very clearly. The sarcasm only came into play when you jumped in and tried to make accusations.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't expect and apology and we can agree to disagree. Just saying no reason to be sarcastic or whatever when I'm just saying we all need a chill pill. I do agree with you though even if I ignore the guy that was being rude.. Anyone can express their frustrations. So him saying OP opinions don't matter is kinda BS.

But seriously.. Verizon did release JB for the note 2 right? Or was it seeing things? I would hope this means verizon users for the s3 will get it soon :D

I know Sprint (obviously) and Att have gotten their fixed already...

-edit- also btw. I only root to use root explorer and tether on occasion.. I mostly do it to mute the stupid camera shutter sound lol :p

Chris2183

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site

Just port your number to Google Voice and forward it to the Straight Talk phone. That way if you do manage to violate their terms and get terminated you still have your number

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Where did I tell him not to preach root? Also, I never said he couldn't voice his opinions. I was only telling him why OP and some of the others would disagree. Don't misinterpret that as me not being willing to hear people out. It was his way of saying that the OP had no right to complain (which I disagreed with) not that he was touting the benefits of rooting.

I think you have read our conversation and assumed we were fighting with pick axes and torches and ready for blood. That isn't the case at all. I am arguing the side of the non rooters, while he is arguing the side of the rooters. The only time I got remotely nasty was when I asked him why he felt that he could say the OP wasn't getting anywhere by venting. And even then I wasn't intending to be a jerk, simply wondering how anyone can say whether or not a venting session solves their frustrations or not.

And the reason I mentioned bricking the phone, is not because I said rooting always results in that, but the chances are VERY high of it happening when someone tries to root without knowing what they're doing. Sure, you can root without it happening and you deserve a big bright gold star for that. I am very proud of you and your accomplishments. However, I have no interest in rooting, so if I tried i'd probably brick my phone. Therefore, I do not go that route and instead I enjoy what I currently have. If I needed a different look to my homescreen, I wouldn't have bought this device. There are other options.

I wasn't saying the OP couldn't complain, I was saying it's stupid to complain for nothing. Because it is stupid. This isn't a self-help message board and nobody is poo-poo-ing the First Amendment (you seem like a dude that likes to play that card). I highly doubt the OP feels much better about his device now than he did before posting this thread.

I don't need to argue for "rooters". Rooting your device doesn't put you in some special club with cash back rewards (I can use nonsensical hyperbole as well), although I have noticed that people who choose to root their devices are often more likely to propose plausible options while guys like you choose to be condescending and unhelpful in the long run.

What a blast you must be to hang out with.

Peace!

Galaxy SIII

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't saying the OP couldn't complain, I was saying it's stupid to complain for nothing. Because it is stupid. This isn't a self-help message board and nobody is poo-poo-ing the First Amendment (you seem like a dude that likes to play that card). I highly doubt the OP feels much better about his device now than he did before posting this thread.

I don't need to argue for "rooters". Rooting your device doesn't put you in some special club with cash back rewards (I can use nonsensical hyperbole as well), although I have noticed that people who choose to root their devices are often more likely to propose plausible options while guys like you choose to be condescending and unhelpful in the long run.

What a blast you must be to hang out with.

Peace!

Galaxy S3
My Podcast - Podcast Hosting | People Friendly
My Blog - Bear Pasta Rocket Pop

I made a deal with Almeuit that I wouldn't grace your idiocy with a response. However, I have to ask.........If I am condescending and unhelpful, why do I have so many "likes" and "Thanks"? Pretty sure on these boards, those are indicative of how someone's comments are received. I would dare say that my statistical history on this site would portray that I have been helpful to a good many people. As far as hanging out with me, I am sure you would not enjoy it. My group of friends are not always "politically correct" and we do not always take it easy on tools. So at least we agree that you would not be a good fit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12