Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 82
Like Tree20Likes
  1. #51  

    Default Re: I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    Because us poor folks on Verizon,
    I haven't read any of the responses, but I bet I can guess at the jist of them.

    I'll only say that I'll take this, obtained inside a factory located in some of the most remote region of BFE Midwest farmland. I'll take widespread 4G like this any day over the minor updates listed on the latest JB update. YMMV.



    -Suntan
  2. #52  

    Default Re: I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...

    Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    Maybe OP wasn't expecting it to solve world hunger but simply to vent his frustrations. Who are you to say whether or not it helped? This isn't XDA mind you. People can get on a message board and talk to people about what they are thinking at the moment. I do wish Android Central had seperate boards for rooters and non rooters. You guys get tired of non rooters complaining about not getting updates, and we non rooters get sick of you telling us that bricked phones and voided warranties are the end all answers to our issues.
    Mine phone is rooted and not bricked. Warranty? I can unroot and have it.

    Ba-zing!

    You tell him to not preach root since you don't want to, like to, or whatever. But as one of your posts say about preconceived notions... Just because you root doesn't insta mean brick.. So take your own advice with preconceived notions.

    People get to worked up over phones... I swear :rolleyes: they treat them like it's their personality. The guy telling the OP to root has the same right to discuss that in this thread as the OP had the right to vent his frustrations by creating this thread ... It goes both ways. So take a chill pill and everyone RELAX.

    JB is nice but it's not some insane update lol :P

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
  3. #53  

    Default Re: I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Mine phone is rooted and not bricked. Warranty? I can unroot and have it.

    Ba-zing!

    You tell him to not preach root since you don't want to, like to, or whatever. But as one of your posts say about preconceived notions... Just because you root doesn't insta mean brick.. So take your own advice with preconceived notions.

    People get to worked up over phones... I swear :rolleyes: they treat them like it's their personality. The guy telling the OP to root has the same right to discuss that in this thread as the OP had the right to vent his frustrations by creating this thread ... It goes both ways. So take a chill pill and everyone RELAX.

    JB is nice but it's not some insane update lol :P

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    Where did I tell him not to preach root? Also, I never said he couldn't voice his opinions. I was only telling him why OP and some of the others would disagree. Don't misinterpret that as me not being willing to hear people out. It was his way of saying that the OP had no right to complain (which I disagreed with) not that he was touting the benefits of rooting.

    I think you have read our conversation and assumed we were fighting with pick axes and torches and ready for blood. That isn't the case at all. I am arguing the side of the non rooters, while he is arguing the side of the rooters. The only time I got remotely nasty was when I asked him why he felt that he could say the OP wasn't getting anywhere by venting. And even then I wasn't intending to be a jerk, simply wondering how anyone can say whether or not a venting session solves their frustrations or not.

    And the reason I mentioned bricking the phone, is not because I said rooting always results in that, but the chances are VERY high of it happening when someone tries to root without knowing what they're doing. Sure, you can root without it happening and you deserve a big bright gold star for that. I am very proud of you and your accomplishments. However, I have no interest in rooting, so if I tried i'd probably brick my phone. Therefore, I do not go that route and instead I enjoy what I currently have. If I needed a different look to my homescreen, I wouldn't have bought this device. There are other options.
  4. #54  

    Default Re: I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...

    Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post

    I think you have read our conversation and assumed we were fighting with pick axes and torches and ready for blood. That isn't the case at all.

    And the reason I mentioned bricking the phone, is not because I said rooting always results in that, but the chances are VERY high of it happening when someone tries to root without knowing what they're doing. Sure, you can root without it happening and you deserve a big bright gold star for that. I am very proud of you and your accomplishments.
    You say your not trying to start stuff but you write very dry sarcastic things like I deserve a gold star and stuff.. Yeah that's totally not starting a fight with pick axes by being a complete sarcastic a..

    Again he can say what he wants. Some people feel they are above others so that's why he acted like the OP had no opinion.. Ignore him. I am sure the OP did.. Some people can't see the comedy in the OP.. Sure he is mad but he isn't really super pist off about to start a war.. As you said venting his frustrations which everyone has to do once in awhile.

    But don't act innocent when you're going to post like you are.. It's not nice to be rude for no reason. Just because he's being a jerk doesn't mean you should be. All I said was rooting isn't always that (bricking your phone) which is true and what you said about possibly bricking sometimes can happen is also true.. But was i a sarcastic about it being rude? No..

    So anyone back to the topic. Verizon started to push JB to the Note didn't it? So the s3 may be soon :P

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
  5. #55  

    Default Re: I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    You say your not trying to start stuff but you write very dry sarcastic things like I deserve a gold star and stuff.. Yeah that's totally not starting a fight with pick axes by being a complete sarcastic a..

    Again he can say what he wants. Some people feel they are above others so that's why he acted like the OP had no opinion.. Ignore him. I am sure the OP did.. Some people can't see the comedy in the OP.. Sure he is mad but he isn't really super pist off about to start a war.. As you said venting his frustrations which everyone has to do once in awhile.

    But don't act innocent when you're going to post like you are.. It's not nice to be rude for no reason. Just because he's being a jerk doesn't mean you should be. All I said was rooting isn't always that (bricking your phone) which is true and what you said about possibly bricking sometimes can happen is also true.. But was i a sarcastic about it being rude? No..

    So anyone back to the topic. Verizon started to push JB to the Note didn't it? So the s3 may be soon :P

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    I'm not trying to act innocent. I pointed out that I did indeed say something that could appear nasty. I will however defend myself when someone jumps in (you) and mis-interprets my comments. If you take offense to it, that's your decision. Again, I did not intend to "start stuff" or whatever other accusation/label you have decided to give me. Just because I am not blowing my comments out of proportion like yourself doesn't mean I am trying to act innocent. I'll make a deal with you........I will take your advice and be better at ignoring people's comments if I disagree with them, if you take your own advice (which is something you told me to do) and ignore me since you disagree with me.

    At this point I know you think i'm an a-- and that is definitely my own fault. But at the same time I wont apologize for responding when you called me out. Sorry if I was offensive and what not. If you read my other posts in this thread, I clearly am not TRYING to be a punk. I enjoy conversation such as the pro's and con's of rooting, Verizon, or whatever else in the cell phone realm. I have re read my posts a few times and I can't see where I was blatantly rude. Sarcastic, yes. But not rude. I can express my opinions and I feel that I explained my views very clearly. The sarcasm only came into play when you jumped in and tried to make accusations.
  6. #56  

    Default Re: I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...

    I don't expect and apology and we can agree to disagree. Just saying no reason to be sarcastic or whatever when I'm just saying we all need a chill pill. I do agree with you though even if I ignore the guy that was being rude.. Anyone can express their frustrations. So him saying OP opinions don't matter is kinda BS.

    But seriously.. Verizon did release JB for the note 2 right? Or was it seeing things? I would hope this means verizon users for the s3 will get it soon

    I know Sprint (obviously) and Att have gotten their fixed already...


    -edit- also btw. I only root to use root explorer and tether on occasion.. I mostly do it to mute the stupid camera shutter sound lol :P

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
  7. #57  
    Chris2183's Avatar

    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    410 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9 RC2

    Default Re: I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...

    Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    I don't want to sound like I am arguing with you because I actually very much appreciate the information. But do we now how often this happens? Like i've read the Straight Talk Terms and Conditions, and they do mention that they reserve the right to do this type of thing, but I was wondering if you know of specific cases where it's happened. It would be good to get some info on that before I make the jump. Thanks for the help!
    Just port your number to Google Voice and forward it to the Straight Talk phone. That way if you do manage to violate their terms and get terminated you still have your number
    Thanked by:
  8. #58  

    Default Re: I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...

    Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    Where did I tell him not to preach root? Also, I never said he couldn't voice his opinions. I was only telling him why OP and some of the others would disagree. Don't misinterpret that as me not being willing to hear people out. It was his way of saying that the OP had no right to complain (which I disagreed with) not that he was touting the benefits of rooting.

    I think you have read our conversation and assumed we were fighting with pick axes and torches and ready for blood. That isn't the case at all. I am arguing the side of the non rooters, while he is arguing the side of the rooters. The only time I got remotely nasty was when I asked him why he felt that he could say the OP wasn't getting anywhere by venting. And even then I wasn't intending to be a jerk, simply wondering how anyone can say whether or not a venting session solves their frustrations or not.

    And the reason I mentioned bricking the phone, is not because I said rooting always results in that, but the chances are VERY high of it happening when someone tries to root without knowing what they're doing. Sure, you can root without it happening and you deserve a big bright gold star for that. I am very proud of you and your accomplishments. However, I have no interest in rooting, so if I tried i'd probably brick my phone. Therefore, I do not go that route and instead I enjoy what I currently have. If I needed a different look to my homescreen, I wouldn't have bought this device. There are other options.
    I wasn't saying the OP couldn't complain, I was saying it's stupid to complain for nothing. Because it is stupid. This isn't a self-help message board and nobody is poo-poo-ing the First Amendment (you seem like a dude that likes to play that card). I highly doubt the OP feels much better about his device now than he did before posting this thread.

    I don't need to argue for "rooters". Rooting your device doesn't put you in some special club with cash back rewards (I can use nonsensical hyperbole as well), although I have noticed that people who choose to root their devices are often more likely to propose plausible options while guys like you choose to be condescending and unhelpful in the long run.

    What a blast you must be to hang out with.

    Peace!

    Galaxy S3
    My Podcast-
    My Blog-
  9. #59  

    Default Re: I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...

    Quote Originally Posted by jaj6503 View Post
    I wasn't saying the OP couldn't complain, I was saying it's stupid to complain for nothing. Because it is stupid. This isn't a self-help message board and nobody is poo-poo-ing the First Amendment (you seem like a dude that likes to play that card). I highly doubt the OP feels much better about his device now than he did before posting this thread.

    I don't need to argue for "rooters". Rooting your device doesn't put you in some special club with cash back rewards (I can use nonsensical hyperbole as well), although I have noticed that people who choose to root their devices are often more likely to propose plausible options while guys like you choose to be condescending and unhelpful in the long run.

    What a blast you must be to hang out with.

    Peace!

    Galaxy S3
    My Podcast-
    My Blog-
    I made a deal with Almeuit that I wouldn't grace your idiocy with a response. However, I have to ask.........If I am condescending and unhelpful, why do I have so many "likes" and "Thanks"? Pretty sure on these boards, those are indicative of how someone's comments are received. I would dare say that my statistical history on this site would portray that I have been helpful to a good many people. As far as hanging out with me, I am sure you would not enjoy it. My group of friends are not always "politically correct" and we do not always take it easy on tools. So at least we agree that you would not be a good fit.
  10. #60  
    Ricky Babalu's Avatar
    BEACH BUM

    Posts
    1,948 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

    Default Re: I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...

    I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...-2popcorn.gif
  11. #61  
    sledge007's Avatar

    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,876 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

    Default Re: I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...

    Quote Originally Posted by jaj6503 View Post

    I don't need to argue for "rooters". Rooting your device doesn't put you in some special club with cash back rewards
    What?!?!?

    Well ain't that a kick in the...................
  12. #62  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,749 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...

    Come on guys. You've all been here a while. Let's not get out of hand.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by:
  13. #63  
    Tkbredx's Avatar

    Posts
    1,856 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

    Default Re: I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...

    You mad bro?

    -Sent from my Jelly Bean running, Rom running rooted and perfectly themed Sprint Galaxy S3 which I didn't have to root to get Jelly Bean because it already had it but I wanted to do it any way.
  14. #64  
    Tkbredx's Avatar

    Posts
    1,856 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

    Default Re: I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...

    Kidding. Not that much of a **** head. That sucks though man
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #65  

    Default Re: I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...

    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    I haven't read any of the responses, but I bet I can guess at the jist of them.

    I'll only say that I'll take this, obtained inside a factory located in some of the most remote region of BFE Midwest farmland. I'll take widespread 4G like this any day over the minor updates listed on the latest JB update. YMMV.



    -Suntan
    I'm impressed, but not surprised that you, and a lot of other people here feel the need to justify the poor decision making skills that Verizon Wireless has displayed in pushing out the Jelly Bean update to one of their hottest selling phones. I love the way carriers will bend over backwards for Apple, but give other OEMS the backseat when it comes to priority. Sure LTE is fun, and loading my favorite YouTube videos, and websites faster all the while crushing through my data at an alarming rate is fun. I've expected more from AT&T, and Verizon but maybe that was poor judgement on my end. Either way this thread was made out of frustration after seeing that Canada would be getting the update before us. Little did I know we would also be getting the update immediately following.

    I'm glad so many people here like to jump to conclusions based on my initial post, but I know I'm not alone in thinking that AT&T, and VZW need a faster way to push out updates to their top tier phones! /rant

    EDIT: To the Moderators here sorry for any trouble I may have caused by this thread, but at the time of writing I was genuinely frustrated by the lack of update, and needed to vent!
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!
  16. #66  

    Default Re: I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    I'm impressed, but not surprised that you, and a lot of other people here feel the need to justify the poor decision making skills that Verizon Wireless has displayed in pushing out the Jelly Bean update to one of their hottest selling phones. I love the way carriers will bend over backwards for Apple, but give other OEMS the backseat when it comes to priority. Sure LTE is fun, and loading my favorite YouTube videos, and websites faster all the while crushing through my data at an alarming rate is fun. I've expected more from AT&T, and Verizon but maybe that was poor judgement on my end. Either way this thread was made out of frustration after seeing that Canada would be getting the update before us. Little did I know we would also be getting the update immediately following.

    I'm glad so many people here like to jump to conclusions based on my initial post, but I know I'm not alone in thinking that AT&T, and VZW need a faster way to push out updates to their top tier phones! /rant

    EDIT: To the Moderators here sorry for any trouble I may have caused by this thread, but at the time of writing I was genuinely frustrated by the lack of update, and needed to vent!
    It wasn't your fault. Three of us got into it over other aspects.

    Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Almeuit likes this.
  17. #67  

    Default Re: I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...

    4.1 is very important to me, changes such as being able to use the allshare dongle. Ics supported the dongle on every version except verizon. And I'm dying for some butter and Google now

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by plkevlar; 12-05-2012 at 10:26 PM.
  18. #68  

    Default Re: I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...

    Really NOT enjoying the Jelly Bean buttery smoothness... My GS3 just keeps rebooting over and over. AT&T... thanks for that.
  19. #69  

    Default Re: I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...

    Quote Originally Posted by papadoc55 View Post
    Really NOT enjoying the Jelly Bean buttery smoothness... My GS3 just keeps rebooting over and over. AT&T... thanks for that.
    Had that happen to me today and about flipped
  20. #70  
    sledge007's Avatar

    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,876 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

    Default Re: I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    Either way this thread was made out of frustration after seeing that Canada would be getting the update before us.
    I don't see the problem here. Why shouldn't we have gotten it before you? Our dollar is worth more than yours! (Where's my compensation for all those times I went to the USA back in the 90s and I only got $0.60...if that.... to your dollar?)

    I still don't think I noticed a huge "buttery smoothness" increase after installing 4.1.1 on my SGS3...maybe I just got used to it very quickly, and forgot how "slow and laggy" it was prior, but I'm thinking not.
  21. #71  

    Default Re: I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...

    So far so good. I just updated to JB on AT&T. It was late last night when I finally got the update to run via Kies. Kies is not as easy as BB Desktop Manager to update to the most current version and then to update the device OS. I had to reboot twice to resolve browser issues.

    Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #72  

    Default Re: I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...

    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I don't see the problem here. Why shouldn't we have gotten it before you? Our dollar is worth more than yours! (Where's my compensation for all those times I went to the USA back in the 90s and I only got $0.60...if that.... to your dollar?)

    I still don't think I noticed a huge "buttery smoothness" increase after installing 4.1.1 on my SGS3...maybe I just got used to it very quickly, and forgot how "slow and laggy" it was prior, but I'm thinking not.
    On my end it's much smoother, apps open quicker, and I also love that part of the email is readable from the notification pull down.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!
  23. #73  

    Default Re: I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    Sure LTE is fun, and loading my favorite YouTube videos, and websites faster all the while crushing through my data at an alarming rate is fun.
    I have unlimited data and I use my phone's data connection for far more than just sitting around watching Gangam derivitives on Youtube. I also have a Nexus 7 so I know exactly what is offered in the latest revision of Android. As I said, I'll take verizons coverage over 4.2 updates anyday.

    Yeah, I could be mad at them that they havne't sent out the latest update, but in honesty, I'm not pressed for it. Seeing a couple lines of email in the notification bar doesn't do a whole lot for me when I still have to open the email app to delete it.

    Anyway, rage on.

    -Suntan
    XChrisX likes this.
  24. #74  

    Default Re: I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...

    Currently not relaxing in the sun but Oh yeah enjoying Jellybean update, and continually impressed by the new features, can't wait for 4.1.2
  25. #75  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...

    I like turtles

    Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I've Got Jelly Bean on My GS3 and This Is What I Think!
    By oskar1995 in forum Sprint Galaxy S3
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 02-19-2013, 03:35 PM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-12-2013, 09:57 PM
  3. Jelly Bean on HTC one S
    By Ryandroid86 in forum HTC One S
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-02-2012, 10:14 PM
  4. Jelly Bean on E3d
    By Chuckles 135 in forum HTC EVO 3D
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-03-2012, 09:18 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-02-2012, 12:44 PM

Posting Permissions

B