I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I seemed to have better life as of this morning (JB update went in last night) but then I turned on Ingress as I needed to go to a few new spots tonight and with Ingress and GPS and listening to music with the screen on for about 2 hours I was sitting at 20 percent when I got home so it's sitting on the charger right now.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't trying to be childish, or immature either I was just frustrated with AT&T, and needed to VENT! Needless to say I now have official Jelly Bean running on my AT&T GS3! Worth the wait, and a worthy upgrade IMO!

Madness87

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
You will eventually. You choose not to root deal with the consequences and stop whining

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile

Could be more polite to the guy. Not everyone wants to or has the ability to root their phone. It's perfectly fine to complain that the world's largest and most powerful carrier, is also the last to put out an update now, especially since ATT just did it with Kies.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Could be more polite to the guy. Not everyone wants to or has the ability to root their phone. It's perfectly fine to complain that the world's largest and most powerful carrier, is also the last to put out an update now, especially since ATT just did it with Kies.

But it's very well known that. Verizon screws over their users, especially nexus users who are supposed to get the updates first.

You don't want to root? Then don't root but quit complaining about something you know is in place. Speak with your wallet, make Verizon see, leave and tell them why. Go to another carrier and save some money

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
But it's very well known that. Verizon screws over their users, especially nexus users who are supposed to get the updates first.

You don't want to root? Then don't root but quit complaining about something you know is in place. Speak with your wallet, make Verizon see, leave and tell them why. Go to another carrier and save some money

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

I'd love to make Verizon wake up, and smell the roses but I'm on AT&T. Regardless I've got the 4.1.1 so all is well. Plus VZ, and AT&T couldn't care less if you left them because they know there's someone else waiting to activate a new line with them every second of the day. Regardless it feels good to vent, and get it out!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
AT&T Jelly Bean 4.1.1 update available NOW via Kies....about freakin time!

Enjoy! :D

Very true. Sprint released it awhile ago and they are only the 3rd largest in the US. Youd think the bigger guys would have the funds to have their people get it out fast :what:

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

Chris2183

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Enjoy! :D

Very true. Sprint released it awhile ago and they are only the 3rd largest in the US. Youd think the bigger guys would have the funds to have their people get it out fast :what:

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

The problem isn't the update itself, is that they have to make it compatible with all of Verizon's bloat. Then on top of making the current bloat compatible verizon always seems to add a few more pieces with each update. My last verizon phone has more verizon bloat than Motorola and Google combined

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Verizon doesn't get to tell me what I can't do because I took the time to educate myself.

This is like crying that your neighbor makes more money than you do. Take the time to learn a new trade and benefit from your efforts.
7PLXC.png

CleanROM 5.0
Please check out:
My Podcast - http://cyberears.com/index.php/Show/audio/6030
My Blog - https://www.blogger.com/blogin.g?blogspotURL=http://bearpastarocketpop.blogspot.com/

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354645539404.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354645539404.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 43

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have Verizon because they have the best coverage for phone calls in my area. Strangely enough, I use my phone to make phone calls as well as being a smartphone. My S3 works perfectly for what I need it for. I can wait until they give my JB. Phone is working fine right now.

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I got Jelly Bean and I don't enjoy it since for some reason on the Telus version, Google Not won't talk back to me!

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Because us poor folks on Verizon, and AT&T will probably never see this update ever!!! :mad:
AND PS: Don't tell me to root my phone either, I shouldn't have to when the rest of the world has the official release!

Att got the update...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Verizon doesn't get to tell me what I can't do because I took the time to educate myself.

This is like crying that your neighbor makes more money than you do. Take the time to learn a new trade and benefit from your efforts.
http://www.imgur.com/7PLXC.png
CleanROM 5.0
Please check out:
My Podcast - Podcast Hosting | People Friendly
My Blog - Bear Pasta Rocket Pop

It's not always about "educating yourself". Sometimes it has to do with not wanting to void warranties. I love when people make fun of someone else because of their own pre conceived notions. As if their opinion is the "education" that all others should be seeking. I personally spend SO much time researching things before making purchases, I could apply that to rooting easily if I wanted to, but I like having a warranty. Also I should point out that there's countless threads on here about people bricking their device after trying to flash some new ROM and then they beg for help. Seems stupid to risk bricking a device AND voiding a warranty unless you know all of the ins and outs before making the attempt. And for some of us, we may THINK we know what we're doing, but then we have a paperweight. Because I do not want to take either of these two massive risks, I just deal with what I have. And mind you, I love the GS3 on ICS. I have no problem waiting for JB personally. I do however, agree that it's pathetic how slow Verizon is with everything. A company their size would have zero problem pushing updates if they cared an ounce about their customers. I am very excited to vote with my wallet and leave Verizon for Straight Talk when the Galaxy S4 gets released next spring/summer.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
It's not always about "educating yourself". Sometimes it has to do with not wanting to void warranties. I love when people make fun of someone else because of their own pre conceived notions. As if their opinion is the "education" that all others should be seeking. I personally spend SO much time researching things before making purchases, I could apply that to rooting easily if I wanted to, but I like having a warranty. Also I should point out that there's countless threads on here about people bricking their device after trying to flash some new ROM and then they beg for help. Seems stupid to risk bricking a device AND voiding a warranty unless you know all of the ins and outs before making the attempt. And for some of us, we may THINK we know what we're doing, but then we have a paperweight. Because I do not want to take either of these two massive risks, I just deal with what I have. And mind you, I love the GS3 on ICS. I have no problem waiting for JB personally. I do however, agree that it's pathetic how slow Verizon is with everything. A company their size would have zero problem pushing updates if they cared an ounce about their customers. I am very excited to vote with my wallet and leave Verizon for Straight Talk when the Galaxy S4 gets released next spring/summer.

Be careful with straight talk, they are NOT unlimited

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site

Whatever your reason for remaining stock may be, coming to a message board and complaining about not receiving an update does nothing. At all.

CleanROM 5.0
Please check out:
My Podcast - http://cyberears.com/index.php/Show/audio/6030
My Blog - https://www.blogger.com/blogin.g?blogspotURL=http://bearpastarocketpop.blogspot.com/

Last edited:

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Whatever you're reason for remaining stock may be, coming to a message board and complaining about not receiving an update does nothing. At all.

CleanROM 5.0
Please check out:
My Podcast - Podcast Hosting | People Friendly
My Blog - Bear Pasta Rocket Pop

Maybe OP wasn't expecting it to solve world hunger but simply to vent his frustrations. Who are you to say whether or not it helped? This isn't XDA mind you. People can get on a message board and talk to people about what they are thinking at the moment. I do wish Android Central had seperate boards for rooters and non rooters. You guys get tired of non rooters complaining about not getting updates, and we non rooters get sick of you telling us that bricked phones and voided warranties are the end all answers to our issues.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Be careful with straight talk, they are NOT unlimited

Thanks for the heads up. I don't have unlimited now either, so that isn't a deal breaker really. The big thing with this decision for me is cost.

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

US cellular still doesn't have it, so no one is last yet.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad