1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default The highest slim capacity battery I can get?

I want a new battery but not one of those huge extended batteries because currently they don't make any good cases for those.

Anyone know of a higher capacity battery that's the same size as the standard one? I have a good case that fits my g3 and don't want to have to put on a crappy tpu case for an extended battery

Default Re: The highest slim capacity battery I can get?

If you check fleabay, and some of the other vendors of Chinese made batteries, you'll find all sorts of "high capacity" batteries in the standard size. Unfortunately, you'll probably find they don't actually last as long as the "lower capacity" stock battery. The laws of physics are the laws of physics, and even can't cram more cells into a stock size casing than the OEM battery maker can.

My approach? Buy a set of cheap batteries and charger off ebay, and just swap when you need to. I've seen 3 batteries and charger for about 10 bucks. I used these on my HTC Evo. They're not equal to the OEM battery, but considering the price difference they're fine. Of the 2 batteries I bought, one lasted about 15 months, the other more than 2 years. Both had about 75% of the capacity of the OEM battery. At about $3 each, that seemed reasonable to me.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

I have had new life put into my Evo 4G by purchasing the Anker batteries and charger off of Ebay.

From past experience....non-OEM batteries tend to suck!!....unless its one of those huge brick batteries of course.