Home button behavior w/ jb & no lock screen
I don't use any lock screen and I always use the home button to wake my phone up.
Since official JB, the home button not only wakes the phone up but it closes the app I'm in. Example : I'm browsing something on chrome, the screen turns off bc of timeout, I wake the phone using the home button and I see chrome back but immediatly it closes down like if I had pressed the home button again (but I didn't). The same behavior does not happen when a lock screen is enabled.
I tried searching for an answer and tried the solution of editing the .kl files in system/usr/keylayout by adding WAKE_DROPPED or replacing WAKE with WAKE_DROPPED for every occurence of the home key (key 172) without luck. I tried fixing the permissions in CWM and I made sure the permissions are rw-r-r.
Running stock rooted with CWM.
Any other ideas? Thx!
- 12-04-2012, 09:25 AM #2
Re: Home button behavior w/ jb & no lock screen
Thanks for your help!
EDIT : With home2 shortcut disabled, it still doesn't work... Any other ideas?
EDIT2 : Actually, the "solution" is to enable S-voice and enable the option of launching with double-click. It does work that way. However, it introduces the lag everyone hates and I never used S-voice...
Last edited by loginatnine; 12-04-2012 at 10:37 AM.
- By Simon_y7 in forum Verizon HTC RezoundReplies: 16Last Post: Yesterday, 01:02 PM
- By elysea in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S IIReplies: 2Last Post: 04-30-2012, 04:15 PM
- By bswann in forum T-Mobile Optimus TReplies: 1Last Post: 08-03-2011, 06:42 PM
- By ws1088 in forum LG Optimus SReplies: 12Last Post: 12-04-2010, 09:13 PM
- By xorbe in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 06-10-2010, 06:00 PM