Jelly Bean/Nova Launcher issue

NewMind83

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I exit an app, some of the time my home screen will be BLANK. No apps, no clock widget, no dock. But when I barely swipe to the left or right, it all reappears again. Has anybody else had this issue? It also seems like if I click in the spot of where an app or folder are, it'll open up. It's pretty weird. I've rebooted my phone, and also done a battery pull, and both seemed to work for a little while but then it starts doing it again. I've also reverted back to touchwiz and then back to Nova, but still the same problem.

Anybody got any suggestions?

EDIT: This problem didn't start until I updated to Jelly Bean, as the title may imply.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
It happens to me when I get a text message and swipe to it from lock screen. Screen will be black with only HD widget showing for like 2 seconds and then text message shows up.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Tbh it depends how much ram im using bud, im on the low ram version but its never too bad.
Id say it comes down to how many widgets u use and if u use LWP.
how long a lag are we talkin mate?

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

NewMind83

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
It stays that way until I swipe. It won't come back on its own.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

NewMind83

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I just deleted some widgets I never really used, enough to delete a whole screen. Let's see if that works...

NewMind83

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
...interesting. I put it back on standard background processes in developer options and it seems to be working again. Slightly irritating, but if that's what it takes for now, whatever.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
...interesting. I put it back on standard background processes in developer options and it seems to be working again. Slightly irritating, but if that's what it takes for now, whatever.

How many processes did u have it set at bro and ill try n recreate the problem....

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Donoghan

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site

There may have been a background process that did something similar to keeping it in ram that wasn't doing its job before you put it back into standard background precesses. Just a shot in the dark, but that's the first thing that comes to mind for me.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

NewMind83

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I had it set to none when I was having the problem. Currently now at 2, still doing ok for the time being.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Man id never have it set so low. Thats just for devs testing stuff.
I trust android with my ram but if i was gona limit processes, itd be four at least ;)
Glad its fixed though.

Not in your case but i think dev options should be more hidden in the settings and have a better warning

NewMind83

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Right. I've always had it set on zero, never had any trouble before. I actually got that tip from here, in regards to saving battery life. Got it set to one now, still no issues.Good enough for me!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Basicly it will save battery but slow down multitasking mate,.. for example, going from browser back to launcher :)

NewMind83

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
It's never really been an issue until now. If my phone dies before I finish this post I'm blaming you ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
It's never really been an issue until now. If my phone dies before I finish this post I'm blaming you ;)

Youre welcome to (just dont have your screen blastin 50& lol)
If u limit background processes itl take longer to switch between tasks. I find 4 perfect :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173