[LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR] C-Spire Galaxy S3 LJ4 (ICS - LJ4 Root/Stock)

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
For those not aware, the C-Spire Galaxy S3 is a close relative to the Sprint model so I'm posting here.
Courtesy of Team Sextape and Billard412 (AC/XDA) one click packages are now available!
The current version available is LJ4 (ICS) and comes in rooted and unrooted flavors.
Enjoy!

One Clicks

NOTE: The builds linked on this thread are for the C-Spire variant of Sprint's Galaxy S 3.
Do NOT attempt to flash this on Sprint's model. Thank you!

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: [LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR] C-Spire Galaxy S III LJ4 (ICS - LJ4 Root/Stock)

For you sprint users. DO NOT FLASH THESE.

Last edited:

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: [LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR] C-Spire Galaxy S III LJ4 (ICS - LJ4 Root/Stock)

Edited first post to add further clarification. (C-Spire Users normally have posted on Sprint related threads as again, it's the closest.)

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
these for sure work?

Do not use these if you are on sprint. IT WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE. The same one click method that he is talking about is in the "your way to update" thread post#4. However it isn't exactly one click as you will still have to install custom recovery with Odin. But if you just want a rooted phone without custom recovery it is a viable way to achieve it.

Your Way to Update
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=218901

Last edited:

Jewbagels

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I notice the baseband for this is L710WWALI5, however my current stock rom has a baseband of L710WWALI6. I am wanting to root and install a custom rom on my galasy S3 from C-Spire. The only information I could find pertaining to my C-Spire gs3 was this link and the one click version. I would like to use this however I am skeptical being the baseband is different and I am afraid it being a different frequency will not pick up my towers. Can anyone shine some light onto my situation? Or maybe direct me to a way to install a custom rom then install a c-spire stock rooted rom? Anyone know if there are instructions on how to do it this way? Thanks in advance

Jewbagels

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
After doing some reading it would seem that the baseband does not change when just flashing a rooted rom. Is this right? Seeing as how in the picture and on the actual program written for the one click is has the baseband L710WWALI5 listed on the top textbox, I would have assumed it was something of importance, however what I read says otherwise. Anyone have anything to contribue to make me feel more comfortable about this?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
After doing some reading it would seem that the baseband does not change when just flashing a rooted rom. Is this right? Seeing as how in the picture and on the actual program written for the one click is has the baseband L710WWALI5 listed on the top textbox, I would have assumed it was something of importance, however what I read says otherwise. Anyone have anything to contribue to make me feel more comfortable about this?

It won't change flashing a room zip from recovery. But this is flashing a full image tar in Odin. It will also flash your baseband. This is why flashing tar images to root is not the best way. Because they often aren't up to date. The best way to root is by flashing recovery and then flashing root in recovery. This way is best because it has smaller files to download, never changes your version number.

Jewbagels

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Okay so can you point me in the right direction on how to flash a custom recovery? Last time I had done it it was through adb console. I basically booted into recovery mode, then through ADB I flashed a new recovery. However that was a long time ago on my HTC hero so I am comfortable doing this again. Will I be okay using the snapdragon gs3 toolkit? Has anyone attempted this with the C-Spire gs3? Thank you for your help Skunkape60. I really do not wish to update my baseband seeing as how I have the updated one, so your way does sound superior to the oneclick methods. I had tried the oneclick method last night out of desperation, luckily now to find that it did not work anyways, it only sat there attempting to create a connection. So I guess that worked out in my favor. Is CWM still the preferred custom recovery? Is there a forum with step by step instructions on this? I will do some research tonight when I get home from working, so thanks in the mean time.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Okay so can you point me in the right direction on how to flash a custom recovery? Last time I had done it it was through adb console. I basically booted into recovery mode, then through ADB I flashed a new recovery. However that was a long time ago on my HTC hero so I am comfortable doing this again. Will I be okay using the snapdragon gs3 toolkit? Has anyone attempted this with the C-Spire gs3? Thank you for your help Skunkape60. I really do not wish to update my baseband seeing as how I have the updated one, so your way does sound superior to the oneclick methods. I had tried the oneclick method last night out of desperation, luckily now to find that it did not work anyways, it only sat there attempting to create a connection. So I guess that worked out in my favor. Is CWM still the preferred custom recovery? Is there a forum with step by step instructions on this? I will do some research tonight when I get home from working, so thanks in the mean time.

Sorry I don't want to give you bad information. But this isn't a c spire forum and this rom thread shouldn't be posted here at all. Since the C-Spire doesn't have it's own forum, it should be posted in the general galaxy s forums. With all the phones that have been bricked by flashing the wrong roms I would like this moved so as it doesn't get mistaken as a sprint rom.

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

There is a new build out, version LL1. You can download the stock tar directly or wait for a one click to be made. More details soon.

Gsdoit99

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Would it be possible to step by step insructions for rooting the c spire GS3? I want to root but I cant seem to find all the information & files needed in one location. Plus I'm new at this, so I want to make sure I don't brick my phone. Thank you.

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Would it be possible to step by step insructions for rooting the c spire GS3? I want to root but I cant seem to find all the information & files needed in one location. Plus I'm new at this, so I want to make sure I don't brick my phone. Thank you.

I'll copy the general process and a link to LL1 today as time allowd.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Willie_Brown

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
With the above process you are describing can you put instructions for how to flash a recovery? I did have my phone rooted using the method billiard put up and everything worked great, but i lost everything even though i backed up on titanium pro. Not sure what I did.

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
With the above process you are describing can you put instructions for how to flash a recovery? I did have my phone rooted using the method billiard put up and everything worked great, but i lost everything even though i backed up on titanium pro. Not sure what I did.

Normally TB copies to the internal storage and this gets wiped.. try copying the folder to an SD card or PC before flashing.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

efree777

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Can you folks answer a question for me? I'm a Cspire user with a rooted Galaxy S3. I used the Sprint Method to root. Right now, I would like to update to Jelly Bean (I keep getting the OTA notification that there is an update available), however I can't update because I have CWM installed. How can I go back to stock recovery and I suppose unroot for the JB update?

tyounge

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
The update is only to fix mms problems. Its not a jelly bean update. Go to billard412's oneclick ma5 jellybean rom for cspire gs3. It works flawlessly.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15