- 1,477 Posts
Jellybean, Google Now question
Maybe this isn't the right place for this, but figured I'd ask. I was dying to get my hands on Jellybean (Verizon GS3) so I flashed a different ROM (CleanROM 5.0) to get it. I really do like Google Now but my phone isn't operating quite as hands free with it as it was with S-Voice so wanted to see if there was something I could do about it (maybe I'm missing an option somewhere).
So here's my issues with it:
- I had to install Home2 Shortcut to get Google Now to open on a double-tap of the home button like S-Voice did. No problem there. However, I also use Car Home Ultra when my phone is in the car dock (Infuse 4G dock). Double-tapping the home button doesn't bring up Google Now if the phone is in the dock. However, it does if I just have Car Home Ultra open (and the phone isn't in the dock). If the phone is in the dock, double-tapping the home button doesn't do anything. Any ideas?
- My bluetooth headset would activate S-Voice on a double tap of the call button on it. If I do it with Google Now, it just activates Voice Dialing. I used S-Voice like this all the time to set reminders or text people hands-free while in the car (the headset would help with it recognizing me over the noise of the car). It appears that with Google Now all I can do is initiate calls from my Bluetooth Headset (wouldn't be so bad if double-tapping the home button would activate it with the phone in the dock, cause then I could use that rather than the headset's button)
- Even when I am using Google Now, it doesn't seem to be as hands-free as S-Voice was. For instance, I used to bring up S-Voice, say "Text Amy (my wife) that I'm on my way home" and then it would compose the message, ask me if I was ready to send it, and then I could say "Send" or "Cancel".....Google Now makes me (physically) press the Send Button.
I guess that's it. Minor, first-world problems, I know, but I just want Google Now to be as easy to use as S-Voice was. Don't get me wrong, Google Now's speech recognition and functionality blows away S-Voice from what I can tell, but I just want it to be as hands-free as S-Voice was. Was hoping there was a way to address it that I'm missing.
Last edited by EvilMonkey; 12-06-2012 at 07:44 AM.
- 12-05-2012, 07:31 PM #2
Re: Jellybean, Google Now question
For question one.... what launcher are you.using.? Certain launchers allow you to change buttons on the home screen for things like Google now.
Everything else. I'm sorry but I don't think Google is there yet and it might take them a while to get there. You might be better off at keeping svoice on.
- By davela72 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 3Last Post: 12-04-2012, 03:24 PM
- By evoldroid in forum Droid RAZR MAXXReplies: 2Last Post: 09-21-2012, 09:14 PM
- By saintforlife in forum Google Nexus 7 TabletReplies: 7Last Post: 07-24-2012, 09:58 AM
- By Trevalkin in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 1Last Post: 07-16-2012, 01:41 AM
- By bergeronjc in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 07-01-2012, 01:32 PM