Like Tree11Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

Default S3 - Swiftkey Flow Beta

It is live now on the VIP forum. Downloading the Beta of Swiftkey Flow now. Been waiting awhile for this.
    Last edited by Ricky Babalu; 12-06-2012 at 03:19 AM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM

Default Re: S3 - Swiftkey Flow Beta

DAMN this is amazing!!!!!!!!! The "tracer" is very slick.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    Queendroid

Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Yep, I like it. Some of the predictions still need refining though. Try tracing "it's" for example...
    badbrad17 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM

I see, it looks like there will be some small bugs. I like it so far though, it will be my new keyboard.

******Edit: It needs to learn the words. I just typed it several times and now it knows the word "It's".
    Thanked by:

So far I'm impressed. The typing through space is going to take some getting used to

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Better than Swype? Is it baked into swift key 3? Or is it its own keyboard?

It is it's own keyboard. But you can use it like swiftkey 3 as well. Has some bugs like expected but overall it's pretty awesome

I like it better than swype

ROM
    Rooted is enough, for now

I didn't try typing in english since I don't have many english-speaking friends or acquaintances.
    However in french, it's often hard to get the words right the first time without the need to go back and correct, what with our conjugation rules, masculine/feminine/plural forms, etc.

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Downloading now long time Swype user and I recently.updated my version. Lost everything. Doesn't remember any of my words/slang any more. Perfect timing swift key

Has anyone figured out how to add a Capital letter in the middle of a sentence while swiping (for example a name of a business or someone's name)? With Swype Beta you would just swipe above the keyboard and the first letter of the next word was automatically capitalized. But I can't figure out how to do this with Swiftkey Flow.
    Everything else seems really good.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10 Nightlies

I have the app downloaded, but it won't download the correct keyboard translation. Keeps saying "Network Error". Any ideas?

Edit - It's working now. Network must have been busy.
    Last edited by Adirolfx; 12-06-2012 at 07:51 AM.

Impressed with this beta so far. Typing this post with flow. Sidley. The word I get when I try to type swiftkey. Still needs to learn my typing style. It might only be me but I feel weird using flow without hearing the music that was used in the commercial.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by zinedine View Post
    Impressed with this beta so far. Typing this post with flow. Sidley. The word I get when I try to type swiftkey. Still needs to learn my typing style. It might only be me but I feel weird using flow without hearing the music that was used in the commercial.
    Lol . . .haven't seen the commercial, but the SFB sounds interesting. Not sure if I'll be trying it or not, as I've been fairly pleased with , however the amount of 'bugs' and various other complaints on the is a bit unsettling to say the least.

Does SFB also have a user forum?

Quote Originally Posted by winmod21 View Post
    Lol . . .haven't seen the commercial, but the SFB sounds interesting. Not sure if I'll be trying it or not, as I've been fairly pleased with , however the amount of 'bugs' and various other complaints on the is a bit unsettling to say the least.

Does SFB also have a user forum?
    The email for the beta gave me this link to provide feedback but I haven't used it yet. Vip.swiftkey.net. I've seen two swiftkey commercials with the same music and I can hear it when I see flow glide lol. Its weird but I'm sure it will go away soon.

Thanked by:

ROM

The email for the beta gave me this link to provide feedback but I haven't used it yet. Vip.swiftkey.net. I've seen two swiftkey commercials with the same music and I can hear it when I see flow glide lol. Its weird but I'm sure it will go away soon.
    One never knows. I sometimes have soundtracks running over and over through my mind for weeks.

Btw, I wonder what Ricky meant by: "It is live now on the VIP forum."?

Let's see how this works. Wow that's quite impressive. I digging it already.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

I still have to lift a finger in between words. Is there a setting to change this?

Where can I download this? (what's or where's vip forum?)
    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by gwlaw99 View Post
    I still have to lift a finger in between words. Is there a setting to change this?
    You don't have to lift a finger between words. Just glide your hand over the space bar after each word and keep typing.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

You don't have to lift a finger between words. Just glide your hand over the space bar after each word and keep typing.

ahh, i missed the spacebar part, but it seems faster to lift your finger as you have to keep your finger on the spacebar for too long.

ROM

The email for the beta gave me this link to provide feedback but I haven't used it yet. Vip.swiftkey.net. ~
    Quote Originally Posted by begges View Post
    Where can I download this? (what's or where's vip forum?)
    Looks like there is a brand new – with lots of new members who have just signed-up today – but the forum has no thread content as of yet, in fact there's not even a button for starting a new thread as of [10:54 ET - 6 Dec]. Looks like they're still setting the forum up. Maybe it will be up & running later today?

[ EDIT #1 ] Oh. Never mind. . . They are up & running; the forums don't appear until you register; unless you register – the site only shows members – but no thread content.

[ EDIT #2 ] Funny thing though. The Swiftkey VIP Forum registration page– wouldn't accept my registration page– until I changed my 'Registration Question:' answer from: 'Swype Beta' . . to 'Swiftkey'. :rolleyes: lol
    Last edited by winmod21; 12-06-2012 at 10:36 AM.

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tkbredx View Post
    Better than Swype? Is it baked into swift key 3? Or is it its own keyboard?
    Quote Originally Posted by coachtom99 View Post
    It is it's own keyboard. But you can use it like swiftkey 3 as well. Has some bugs like expected but overall it's pretty awesome

So does this mean we will need to BUY another keyboard? It's not just an upgrade of the existing SwiftKey?
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by tsells View Post
    Has anyone figured out how to add a Capital letter in the middle of a sentence while swiping (for example a name of a business or someone's name)? With Swype Beta you would just swipe above the keyboard and the first letter of the next word was automatically capitalized. But I can't figure out how to do this with Swiftkey Flow.
    Everything else seems really good.
    Mine is capitalizing names fine. When I tried to do a business name (Target) it did not. Once I typed "Target" a few times with a capital it now "knows" to capitalize it. Repetition seems to be the name of the game.
    Thanked by:
    tsells 

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Babalu View Post
    Mine is capitalizing names fine. When I tried to do a business name (Target) it did not. Once I typed "Target" a few times with a capital it now "knows" to capitalize it. Repetition seems to be the name of the game.
    Thanks. I'm finding the same thing. After a few times of typing a name or business it knows that it's suppossed to be capitalized.
    I was a big fan of Swype Beta (because I am a one finger typer), but this new Swiftkey Flow seems to be better than Swype.
    I just installed Swiftkey Flow on my Nexus 10 and it's awesome there too. (Split keyboard with no swipe in landscape, and the swipe keyboard in portrait.)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast