Getting the most out of your Galaxy S3

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello all, this is my first post in the AndroidCentral Forums so I tried to come up with something that might be able to help and inform GalaxyS3 owners instead of just the normal questions that you see so much of.

I have owned this device for 5 months now and have spent countless nights on the internet researching everything I could find out about it. Whenever I get a new phone I like to find out all the capabilities and features so that I can get the most out of my device for my particular needs. With the technology of smartphones being as advanced as it is our phones are no longer just devices used to make calls and send texts. If you know what your doing (I assume most here do since your on an Android forum) you can do some really cool stuff with your phone.

The video posted below is a MUST WATCH for Galaxy S3 Owners, it really highlights the capabilities for connectivity of this awesome device.
youtube video

There are many accessories for the Galaxy S3 that will enhance your experience. I will include in this post the accessories that I have found to be the most useful for the stuff that I like to do. Hopefully you can learn some things that you might not have known and realize that your not taking advantage of all of the Galaxy S3's capabilities.

I keep all my S3 stuff in a "phone bag" that has a few compartments and zippers to keep all my stuff together. I always keep it in the car where ever I go just in case.

In my case/bag I have:
  • Wall Charger
  • beats by dre Earbuds
  • Samsung Extra Battery Kit
  • Samsung USB OTG cable
  • USB adapter for MicroSD cards
  • Extra MicroSD cards
  • Samsung HDMI out Adapter
  • 6ft HDMI cable
  • Spare Otterbox Case
  • Steelseries Bluetooth Game Controller

USB OTG cable and the MicroSD card adapter
These two items are very useful for data sharing and transfer. The adapter lets you take any MicroSD card and plug it into a normal USB port (OTG cable) the Galaxy S3 reads it as mass storage. You can then copy files onto the MicroSD card from your phone or vice-versa. This allows me to share files with my friends by taking the SDcard out of their phone hooking it up to the adapter in mine and transferring whatever files I want. This also lets you keep multiple SDcards with you for movies or whatever and you can access your files without removing the SDcard in your phone.

HDMI and Bluetooth Game Controller
I play a lot of emulators on my S3 especially of old Sega and NES games. With my Bluetooth game controller and HDMI out adapter (to hook up to TV) I pretty much have any game console I want to play in my pocket where ever I go. The HDMI adapter is also great for watching movies from your Galaxy S3 on a flat screen TV. There is really nothing like sitting on the couch playing Mario Bros 3 or Sonic the Hedgehog on your 50inch flat screen TV. I really takes me back to when I was a kid...

I posted some pics of my gear as well, if you have ANY questions for me about how stuff works or anything please ask me, I hope this post helps some people!

P.S. Can't say enough good things about Otterbox Commuter cases... great protection, good looking, and give my phone some heft and grip that I like.

Matt Nethery Super Duper Android Fan / Galaxy S3 owner

Attachments

• 20121206_224809.jpg
    20121206_224809.jpg
    494 KB · Views: 46
  • 20121206_225153.jpg
    20121206_225153.jpg
    535.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 20121206_225624.jpg
    20121206_225624.jpg
    671.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMAG0222.jpg
    IMAG0222.jpg
    614.4 KB · Views: 48

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
ummm...welcome to AC...great now I feel inferior...go away!

Seriously, nice kit there. Why do you find the need for multiple sd cards?

Marbash

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Awesome kit you have there. But like some other user here, I can't really see the need for mulitple SD cards? Does the games you play really take up that much space? Or maybe you have one card for each of your emulators? :p

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Lmao i cant afford 1/4 of that but i have an aparently decednt micro-sd and an mhl-hdmi adaptor (non samsung, lasted a week, gettin returned tomorrow)

I have ...... a ......... bag ;)

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
What is it a little under the 300 for all that?

The beats controls don't work for your gs3 right?

Hdmi and usb otg are needed here. Everything else I'll pass lol

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Lmao i cant afford 1/4 of that but i have an aparently decednt micro-sd and an mhl-hdmi adaptor (non samsung, lasted a week, gettin returned tomorrow)

I have ...... a ......... bag ;)

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Your up on me mate, I don't have a bag... just my otterbox

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
The reason for extra SD cards for me is because I have an extensive collection of HD movies and seasons of TV shows (true blood, walking dead, documentarys) not to mention my music and I like to keep my collection with me sometimes if I go on a trip or over to someones house. The beats controls work fine on my phone, its just a volume up and down keys and a key in the middle that I can hit to answer calls and end them. I really cant remember how much everything cost together. Probably 200-300 but I didn't buy it all at once.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Mrs askd me ifi wana pair of beats 4 xmas n i sed NO!
honestly see it as a false economy.
What BUDS would you guys recommend for same price... think it was like ?150.00000 0 , like **** that when my music player (PA) is lush and i like buds in my hood :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21