Premium suite for the S3...thoughts?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
In case you didnt see the front page: Samsung demos their Premium Suite upgrade headed to the Samsung Galaxy S3 | Android Central

What are your thoughts on it. I think it is neat and very useful. Yes TW is still ugly, but damn if it isnt functional.

My comment on the front page sums up my thoughts:

"..and this is why the SGS3 is the best Android phone out there, in its class.

Yes TW looks bad but a launcher takes care of that. Not only do they update, but enhance.

Will I use all the functions? No, I can see 4 out of the 7 listed that i would though.

The Nexus 4 is nothing but a barbones kit you buy from Tiger Direct whereas this is the Alienware model."

Part II:

Last edited:

neiljay6

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
That's just awesome. Sammay really being very innovative with all these new features. Only two that would be of any interest to me, but that's two more than on other handsets. And i can see from your post on the front page that the haters have already reared their green heads. lol at them. Never understood why people go out of their way to hate on something that they clam they're not interested in. Just seems like such a waste of time....anyhoo go sammy!!

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Well i like the new features this update brings but i still dont see a practical use for Multi Window on the SGS3 because it has a smaller screen than say the Note II. That feature is great on the NoteII because it has a larger screen but im just not sure about the SGS3. Other than that i love the new features. Now its just a question of when the US variants of the Galaxy S III will get this update.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Well i like the new features this update brings but i still dont see a practical use for Multi Window on the SGS3 because it has a smaller screen than say the Note II. That feature is great on the NoteII because it has a larger screen but im just not sure about the SGS3. Other than that i love the new features. Now its just a question of when the US variants of the Galaxy S III will get this update.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

The Note's screen is barely half an inch larger diagonally.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why people hate TW so much. I like it.

I agree with you. I had two Motorola phones and thought that Blur was pretty cool. It felt like the Droid commercials that are all robotic and mechanical and manly. Then I got tired of how dark everything appeared. It felt like I was looking into a dark room all the time. Samsung DOES look a bit cartoonish, but I grew up watching cartoons every saturday morning and I am not too proud to admit that I still enjoy the occassional cartoon on Netflix. Samsung's TouchWiz Nature makes me feel like i'm looking into a bright, sunny day and it just looks fun. Sure, there's tons of features I will probably never use, but i'm not too dense that I would complain about having options at my finger tips even if I don't fall all over myself to utilize them. Options are ALWAYS a good thing, plus it's fun sometimes to activate a new feature just to mess around with and kill time.

I do enjoy reading the opinions of others when it comes to TW, but at the same time it astounds me how people try to make it sound like a negative thing that there's additional features on top of stock Android. I hate to sound like a Samsung fanboy, but right now I really kind of am. I just love the direction they're heading at the moment.

neiljay6

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you. I had two Motorola phones and thought that Blur was pretty cool. It felt like the Droid commercials that are all robotic and mechanical and manly. Then I got tired of how dark everything appeared. It felt like I was looking into a dark room all the time. Samsung DOES look a bit cartoonish, but I grew up watching cartoons every saturday morning and I am not too proud to admit that I still enjoy the occassional cartoon on Netflix. Samsung's TouchWiz Nature makes me feel like i'm looking into a bright, sunny day and it just looks fun. Sure, there's tons of features I will probably never use, but i'm not too dense that I would complain about having options at my finger tips even if I don't fall all over myself to utilize them. Options are ALWAYS a good thing, plus it's fun sometimes to activate a new feature just to mess around with and kill time.

I do enjoy reading the opinions of others when it comes to TW, but at the same time it astounds me how people try to make it sound like a negative thing that there's additional features on top of stock Android. I hate to sound like a Samsung fanboy, but right now I really kind of am. I just love the direction they're heading at the moment.

Amen to that bother!! Some people need to realize that there are others who like TW, and no matter how loud they shout their negativity about it nothing is going to change that fact. Why do folks need to sell their opinion as FACT?? Its kinda selfish to me. I like TW. Not using it right now cause I flip flop between launchers, but I think it?s great with all the neat features it gives us that you can use or not at your discretion.

Livia.

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

So say we all!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
my opinion:

There is one thing wrong with Touchwiz, and one perception that has been outgrown.

The thing wrong with TW is that it is ugly. I think it is. It is not as clean as AOSP in many areas. I can deal with that. Put a launcher on there and I never have to see the ugly.
The perception is that TW and skins like it slow down the system. Back when I had my fascinate I could agree with that. No with how much RAM and the higher processor speeds, it is a non issue.

As far as the multi window feature goes, I can see uses with it. I have not installed it yet but I look forward to it. I am thinking a little youtube on one screen, some reading on the other. even 2 different sets of android forums at the same time.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
One that slides up from the bottom when you want it instead of being right there on the lock screen is.... Or you need to share the widget

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

I read the article and didn't watch the video so I'm guessing that is different from the stock ticker Facebook option? Description sounded the same to me.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
It is different in where it is.

I do not have mine on the lock screen because I constantly check the time and whatnot. I like just generic stuff on there because of the possibility of prying eyes or being in a meeting (my boss doesn't need to see it).

The Feed appears to be a tab on the bottom of the screen that is hidden until you pull it up. Not just right there in the open

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Yeag3r

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Sorry,this is probably a dumb question. How will we know when this update is available and how do we get it?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Sorry,this is probably a dumb question. How will we know when this update is available and how do we get it?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Jesus....just like any phone. Automatically or if you check manually on your phone/kies. If you have a Samsung account/registered phone they send you a email when your carrier has the update.

You can update OTA or through kies

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49