Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Premium suite for the S3...thoughts?

In case you didnt see the front page: Samsung demos their Premium Suite upgrade headed to the Samsung Galaxy S3 | Android Central

What are your thoughts on it. I think it is neat and very useful. Yes TW is still ugly, but damn if it isnt functional.

My comment on the front page sums up my thoughts:

"..and this is why the SGS3 is the best Android phone out there, in its class.

Yes TW looks bad but a launcher takes care of that. Not only do they update, but enhance.

Will I use all the functions? No, I can see 4 out of the 7 listed that i would though.

The Nexus 4 is nothing but a barbones kit you buy from Tiger Direct whereas this is the Alienware model."

Part II:

Last edited by piizzadude; 12-09-2012 at 10:17 PM.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Default Re: Premium suite for the S3...thoughts?

Lol il have a look man cheers

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK

That's just awesome. Sammay really being very innovative with all these new features. Only two that would be of any interest to me, but that's two more than on other handsets. And i can see from your post on the front page that the haters have already reared their green heads. lol at them. Never understood why people go out of their way to hate on something that they clam they're not interested in. Just seems like such a waste of time....anyhoo go sammy!!

Well i like the new features this update brings but i still dont see a practical use for Multi Window on the SGS3 because it has a smaller screen than say the Note II. That feature is great on the NoteII because it has a larger screen but im just not sure about the SGS3. Other than that i love the new features. Now its just a question of when the US variants of the Galaxy S3 will get this update.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    Current phone im using: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

Quote Originally Posted by coinmanmat View Post
    Well i like the new features this update brings but i still dont see a practical use for Multi Window on the SGS3 because it has a smaller screen than say the Note II. That feature is great on the NoteII because it has a larger screen but im just not sure about the SGS3. Other than that i love the new features. Now its just a question of when the US variants of the Galaxy S3 will get this update.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    The Note's screen is barely half an inch larger diagonally.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
    crester likes this.

I don't understand why people hate TW so much. I like it.

ROM
    Rooted is enough, for now

Is this premium suite gonna cost any money or will we get it for free?

the premium suite will most definitely be free

Quote Originally Posted by Livia. View Post
    I don't understand why people hate TW so much. I like it.
    I agree with you. I had two Motorola phones and thought that Blur was pretty cool. It felt like the Droid commercials that are all robotic and mechanical and manly. Then I got tired of how dark everything appeared. It felt like I was looking into a dark room all the time. Samsung DOES look a bit cartoonish, but I grew up watching cartoons every saturday morning and I am not too proud to admit that I still enjoy the occassional cartoon on Netflix. Samsung's TouchWiz Nature makes me feel like i'm looking into a bright, sunny day and it just looks fun. Sure, there's tons of features I will probably never use, but i'm not too dense that I would complain about having options at my finger tips even if I don't fall all over myself to utilize them. Options are ALWAYS a good thing, plus it's fun sometimes to activate a new feature just to mess around with and kill time.

I do enjoy reading the opinions of others when it comes to TW, but at the same time it astounds me how people try to make it sound like a negative thing that there's additional features on top of stock Android. I hate to sound like a Samsung fanboy, but right now I really kind of am. I just love the direction they're heading at the moment.
    Thanked by 3:
    jcp007Livia. 
    neiljay6, funkylogik and crester like this.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    I agree with you. I had two Motorola phones and thought that Blur was pretty cool. It felt like the Droid commercials that are all robotic and mechanical and manly. Then I got tired of how dark everything appeared. It felt like I was looking into a dark room all the time. Samsung DOES look a bit cartoonish, but I grew up watching cartoons every saturday morning and I am not too proud to admit that I still enjoy the occassional cartoon on Netflix. Samsung's TouchWiz Nature makes me feel like i'm looking into a bright, sunny day and it just looks fun. Sure, there's tons of features I will probably never use, but i'm not too dense that I would complain about having options at my finger tips even if I don't fall all over myself to utilize them. Options are ALWAYS a good thing, plus it's fun sometimes to activate a new feature just to mess around with and kill time.

I do enjoy reading the opinions of others when it comes to TW, but at the same time it astounds me how people try to make it sound like a negative thing that there's additional features on top of stock Android. I hate to sound like a Samsung fanboy, but right now I really kind of am. I just love the direction they're heading at the moment.
    Amen to that bother!! Some people need to realize that there are others who like TW, and no matter how loud they shout their negativity about it nothing is going to change that fact. Why do folks need to sell their opinion as FACT?? Its kinda selfish to me. I like TW. Not using it right now cause I flip flop between launchers, but I think its great with all the neat features it gives us that you can use or not at your discretion.
    Thanked by:

Looks awesome but I already have the Facebook ticker on the lock screen as an option, not really new lol

So say we all!
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle View Post
    Looks awesome but I already have the Facebook ticker on the lock screen as an option, not really new lol
    One that slides up from the bottom when you want it instead of being right there on the lock screen is.... Or you need to share the widget

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

my opinion:

There is one thing wrong with Touchwiz, and one perception that has been outgrown.

The thing wrong with TW is that it is ugly. I think it is. It is not as clean as AOSP in many areas. I can deal with that. Put a launcher on there and I never have to see the ugly.
    The perception is that TW and skins like it slow down the system. Back when I had my fascinate I could agree with that. No with how much RAM and the higher processor speeds, it is a non issue.

As far as the multi window feature goes, I can see uses with it. I have not installed it yet but I look forward to it. I am thinking a little youtube on one screen, some reading on the other. even 2 different sets of android forums at the same time.
    funkylogik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    One that slides up from the bottom when you want it instead of being right there on the lock screen is.... Or you need to share the widget

I read the article and didn't watch the video so I'm guessing that is different from the stock ticker Facebook option? Description sounded the same to me.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

It is different in where it is.

I do not have mine on the lock screen because I constantly check the time and whatnot. I like just generic stuff on there because of the possibility of prying eyes or being in a meeting (my boss doesn't need to see it).

The Feed appears to be a tab on the bottom of the screen that is hidden until you pull it up. Not just right there in the open

Awesome that Samsung is releasing this. And for the record I love TW.

Sent from my MetroPCS GS3

Any good update is worth it, even if I dont use half of them....Samsung is gonna be the #1 phone provider!

Sorry,this is probably a dumb question. How will we know when this update is available and how do we get it?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Yeagerbomb3 View Post
    Sorry,this is probably a dumb question. How will we know when this update is available and how do we get it?

Jesus....just like any phone. Automatically or if you check manually on your phone/kies. If you have a Samsung account/registered phone they send you a email when your carrier has the update.

You can update OTA or through kies

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by Yeagerbomb3 View Post

Not a dumb question even though others don't have the time to be courteous.

I doubt it will be a stand alone update. Might come with 4.2 or something like that

Thanked by:
    Yeagerbomb3 and tortaceo like this.

Great stuff. Love touchwiz . On cm10 right not but will soon go back
    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by xKrNMBoYx View Post
    Jesus....just like any phone. Automatically or if you check manually on your phone/kies. If you have a Samsung account/registered phone they send you a email when your carrier has the update.

You can update OTA or through kies

I.........................don't think Jesus was asking the question. Unless he's considering an S3 for his birthday this month. But either way, please leave religion out of it.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,110 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Can't wait to get to this stuff in my rom.

I.........................don't think Jesus was asking the question. Unless he's considering an S3 for his birthday this month. But either way, please leave religion out of it.
    What are you talking about? I admit it was wrong to use Jesus in the term I used it...stuck in my head due to a 100 episode tv show..I will bring religion into any topic I would like.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast