galaxy s3 "eye" in status bar...

jobouvier

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Lol! What is smartstay? I'm not exactly very illiterate when it comes to phones and this one has me befuddled with all the stuff on it!

mctl

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
That's a feature that allows the screen to stay on as long as you are looking at it.
Never worked for me unless I look at it directly at a perpendicular angle :s Who does that?

hobbsave

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
It seems to be working a lot better since the jelly bean update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I love smart stay!! Especially when im listeining to music in my car with my phone in my car holster...never have to worry about turning it on every time...it works Id say about 80% of the time, bust still awesome

sircody

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
My Smart Stay always works Great. The last update added another feature to Smart Stay. If you are holding the phone upright and watching, say a video, and say you lay down on your side etc with phone upright or landscape screen mode, the screen will not flip as you lay down. it watches to see if your head tilts with phone...

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Ooohhhh...ok! Yeah...apparently its not working for me either then! Thanks for your help!

Turn it off in Display settings if its crap and just set screen timeout a bit higher :)
It dont work for me either unless im like staring out a pitbull

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

sircody

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Last edited by a moderator:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings......Accessibility....Scroll to Bottom....Under services...there should be Talk Back and Smart Stay Ex Lite......

I downloaded the free app version of Version already on Phone...

The Paid version is/was $160.98....The free version added a couple things for me...

PlayGoogle....search Smart Stay

Take it thats on ICS mate?
On JB (on UK version anyway) its in "display" settings :thumbup:

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

sircody

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Last edited by a moderator:

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
When the 'eye' appeared on my phone, I covered the foward facing camera with a piece of tape. Now I how men wearing black suits following me everywhere I go.

:confused:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
It is BOTH smart stay and smart rotation.

With smart stay on (and smart rotation off) if I set my screen timeout to a short interval, like 30 seconds,. I notice the eye pop up just before the screen dims, and again just before it shuts off. If I'm looking at the phone, when it pops up the it'll reset the timer to 30 seconds, at which point the above will repeat.

If I turn smart stay off (and smart rotation off), the eye never pops up, and the screen shuts off whether I'm looking at it or not.

With Smart Stay off, and Smart rotation on, the eye pops up sometimes when I rotate the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol