What is this app?

bschuhma

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi all - Can anyone help me identify the name of this app ( screenshot attached), please? It's the one you see when you are in a call (Stock Samsung Galaxy S3 running 4.04 ICS). It's not the Phone app - I've replaced that several times with different apps... I want to replace it but I can't figure out what the name of it is. I fear it's deeply embedded in the kernel and will have to root to replace it. It's HORRIBLE!!!! Worst thing is that you can't paste anything into it, so joining a conference call is difficult. It also randomly activates when the phone is dark (and you're on a call), making it FAR too easy to accidentally disconnect the call.

Thanks,

Bret

Attachments

• skitched-20121209-092631.jpg
    skitched-20121209-092631.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 102

bschuhma

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a troll, AxlMyk... I've tried replacing the dialer app with 4 other apps and none have taken over the screen I'm describing. Ever been on a call on your S3 and have the screen light up and you accidentally hit hangup just b/c you're holding it? Or tried pasting in a conference ID into your conference call? It's impossible to dial into a conference call and switch back to the calendar app, copy the conference ID, then get back tot he call before you get dropped because you haven't input the conference ID fast enough.

Bret