Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Livia.
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung galaxy s3 front facing camera

Is there an easier way to take pics using the forward facing camera other than the regular button on the screen? My wife can take pics on her iphone using a different button, just curious if there is some sort of shortcut button for us s3 users? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Samsung galaxy s3 front facing camera

I guess I don't understand how pushing a "different" button is any easier than pushing the button on the screen. I'm not aware of any way to change it, anyway.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

There's some way to do it using the volume rocker buttons somewhere floating around the forum. I think you have to be rooted and flash some specific rom though. If I see it, I'll post the link to the thread. Just set a timer to take the pic and you won't have to press anything to take a pic! Or just press the button on the screen and stop whining lol. If you wanna be girly like your wife then just get an iPhone so u can use a different button and problem solved. Lmao I'm messing with ya. I had to do it.

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I just thought it was kinda cool. Sometimes it can be a little awkward to hold it.

You could try enabling the option that lets you use a voice command to take the picture, that way you won't have to press any button. I've used the voice function so that I could steady the camera with both hands better.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by xunile View Post
    You could try enabling the option that lets you use a voice command to take the picture, that way you won't have to press any button. I've used the voice function so that I could steady the camera with both hands better.
    How do you do that?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Looks like the Voice Commands for Apps was removed with the Jellybean Update. I know it was there and worked 6-7 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by xunile View Post
    Looks like the Voice Commands for Apps was removed with the Jellybean Update. I know it was there and worked 6-7 weeks ago.
    I still have it with JB.
    geekymcfly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Livia. View Post
    I still have it with JB.
    Is it still under the Language and Input section of settings?
    I have the AT&T version and I don't see it there anymore.

Update.

Thanks for mentioning SVoice. I found the option under the SVoice settings.
    Last edited by xunile; 12-09-2012 at 09:01 PM.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by seanxdoom View Post
    Is there an easier way to take pics using the forward facing camera other than the regular button on the screen? My wife can take pics on her iphone using a different button, just curious if there is some sort of shortcut button for us s3 users? Thanks in advance.

Say cheese!

Rastafari is my king

There are camera apps in the Google Play store that let u take pics using the volume buttons

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I guess I don't understand how pushing a "different" button is any easier than pushing the button on the screen. I'm not aware of any way to change it, anyway.
    The fact you have over 5000 posts and dont understant the convenience of pushing a separate button for the camera rather than 1. wake up phone 2. unlock phone 3.open camera app.. 4 shoot photo 20 seconds later.. bothers me.. 2nd .. if you know nothing about it.. why bother putting up an opinion on what someone else wants?? . just doesnt make sense to me.. but hey.. thats just me and I dont have 5000 posts..

There was nothing in the post I replied to that indicated the poster wanted to be able to take a photo without turning the screen on first. How the heck would you compose the image with the screen off? Sounds like it's you who hasn't thought this through.

Aside from that, Isn't the whole point of forums like this for people to exchange information and opinion? If you don't like my opinion, feel free to ignore it.