Local Craigslist flooded with Galaxy S3's

macguy59

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if this is representative, but our local CL has a ton of S3's up for sale. 90% are from individuals. Buyer remorse or something better ? Just thought it odd to see so many of them up for sale in the 2 months

Eion

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I know some of the carriers were doing buy one get one free deals. I know I did it with my Droid X and sold the second one for sweet sweet profit.

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
More than likely due to the recent sales on Black Friday and such.

It is not because the device is all of a sudden a terrible buy or anything.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
There are a ton of buy one get one or buy one get the second half off. Or people getting Note 2's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Note 2 would be my guess.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if this is representative, but our local CL has a ton of S3's up for sale. 90% are from individuals. Buyer remorse or something better ? Just thought it odd to see so many of them up for sale in the 2 months

Makes sense although very few are being sold as Brand new in box
Well, with the amount of fried SD cards, reports of poor battery life, countless problems with updates?including the latest JB update (not for everyone, but for a countless many), plus countless other little bugs and/or glitches, maybe it's an early trend of things to come?

Doubt I'll make $120. profit when I sell the GS3 ? like I did with my last iPhone. :(

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Well times are hard lol...on Craigslist there are lots of everything on sale if u search

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

Archienj7

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I see lots of hookers on my local Craigslist too. People will sell anything on Craigslist. ;)

Eion

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Doubt I'll make $120. profit when I sell the GS3 ? like I did with my last iPhone. :(
All depends on how you take care of things. I sold my 2yr old Droid X on ebay last summer when I prepurchased my S3. It went for $150.00 because it didn't have a scratch on it and had all the original packaging/plastic. Take care of your items and they will resell well.

sircody

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Wht was being asked was, When a Carrier etc has a buy one get one free, it is with a contract agreement, That's how they get their money back from their purchase from the manufacture. Example: no contract phone= $599.....2 year contract= $199....they get their money back.....these phones aren't cheap even for the Carriers.....

Prepaid phones example;;metro pcs...S3 is $499...sale $399...due upfront in full....buy one get one free....no android or smartphones allowed in deal and feature phone is less then $79

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Wht was being asked was, When a Carrier etc has a buy one get one free, it is with a contract agreement, That's how they get their money back from their purchase from the manufacture. Example: no contract phone= $599.....2 year contract= $199....they get their money back.....these phones aren't cheap even for the Carriers.....

Prepaid phones example;;metro pcs...S3 is $499...sale $399...due upfront in full....buy one get one free....no android or smartphones allowed in deal and feature phone is less then $79

Someone could have one or more phones that they don't want to update or one could pass their old phone to the other person on the contract and then sell the 2nd new phone.

Generally when I get a new phone, I pass my old one to a younger family member. If I got a buy one get one free deal and passed my old phone down, I would have a 2nd phone I could sell and it wouldn't affect my contract at all. All aren't new contracts when they buy these phones, many are upgrades.

sircody

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
2 year contract is on each new phone and that phone has to be activated within a certain time frame. So that doesn't leave the ability to have a free and clear new phone to sell or do whatever you like with. If it was that easy then they would be out of buisness. The only way to do it would be to sell it as a non-clean ESN-phone which is pretty much a stolen phone til Carrier marks that s/n as clear....

- - - Updated - - -

A Clean ESN number means that your phone can be activated by a wireless carrier. A dirty esn means that the phone is linked to an account that has a past due bill or balance or a phone that has been reported lost or stolen. Ask for the ESN# from the seller and call the carrier to see if it is clean before purchase.

sircody

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
All upgrades require a new 2 year contract.......there isn't a Carrier that allows a upgrade before your contract is up without another 2 years added per phone....Sprint was/has been the only Carrier that had an upgrade every 11th month and it requires an extra 2 years....i have a new phone every 11 months for the past few years....even if you move phones to another number etc, that new phone or number has a 2 year contract on it ....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1