View Poll Results: What browser do you use?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stock Browser

10 16.13%
  • Dolphin Browser

11 17.74%
  • Google Chrome

41 66.13%
  • Mozilla Firefox

6 9.68%
  • Maxathon Browser

0 0%
  • Other

1 1.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By bigstormgirl
  • 1 Post By mctl
  • 1 Post By Deadly_Poison630
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CleanRom 5.0

Default What browser do you use?

What browser do you guys use? I'm looking for one a new one myself because well.... I'm bored.

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

Default Re: What browser do you use?

Wow. I'm currently 100% correct! . . that is, 'til someone else votes. How 'bout no one else vote for a while . . so I can just bask in my 100%-ness.

Like you, I was going to try others out as well, but someone here, who had tried most other browsers out, and so was definitely in the know, suggested just staying with the stock since my Adobe Flash & Swype Beta keyboard have both always worked great w/ the stock browser. But if I do try others, I'd probably first try Dolphin, if Flash works w/ Dolphin (which I don't recall if it does right now).

Used Chrome. Switched to Firefox then switched back to Chrome.
    inthegalaxy likes this.

I use the Dolphin browser, along with the Jetpack add-on its the fastest browser I have used. I also like the UI of the tabs. I would highly recommend Dolphin. BTW winmod21 flash does not work with Dolphin.
    Thanked by:

I've gone back and forth between Chrome and Firefox. I use Firefox more because of its better Adobe Flash integration.
    Just a cool guy

ROM
    Unrooted with Nova Prime

If I need Flash, then I use XScope. Otherwise, I use Chrome.

I use Chrome.. Can't vote now because I'm on the mobile app and can't see the poll..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I used Dolphin for the first few months, but recently switched to Chrome.

I use to use the stock browser, but due to the security scare and the blue tint I started playing around with Chrome and Fire Fox. I love Chrome on the PC and it is still good on Android. I like Fire Fox because the ability to use Flash content, and the fact they have AdBlock on it.

But recently there was a benchmarking of Android Browsers at Tom's Hardware. Dolphin Browser came out on top, but the catch is you need to download something called JetPack that is also by Dolphin Browser developers. From my personal experience, webpages load faster, and overall is a better performer then Google Chrome. Plus Dolphin supports flash also.

I used to use Dolphin Browser... But I use Chrome and it's pretty awesome

And like you, I try things because I'm bored... Ur not alone lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -

I much prefer the interfaces with dolphin and Firefox. However i use Chrome mostly ONLY because it integrates best with my google apps and services. Other than that it doesn't use flash and its kinda laggy. Wish reviewers would stop using it in their reviews cause it give gives the wrong impression for android or google should just fix it.

ROM
    Rooted is enough, for now

Chrome is best for me because of the integration and sync with Google services, plus I use Chrome on the PC at home and at work so it's Chrome all the way
    smooth4lyfe likes this.

opera is a good chice too, should be listed in the poll
    Android Central - Super Member
    "Don't forget to thank him/her who helped you"

Chrome all day long

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Right now I use dolphin browser + the jetpack add on. I tried chrome before in the past but it always crashed and would continue to run in the background when I backed out of the app.
    Last edited by Deadly_Poison630; 12-10-2012 at 04:37 PM.
    Did I help you at all? Return the favor by giving me a "thanks"
    LG Rumor -> LG Rumor Touch -> LG Optimus S (Cyanogenmod 7.2 on 2.3.5) -> Samsung Galaxy S3 (MK3 Barebones on 4.3) -> LG Nexus 5 (Carbon Nightlies on 4.4.2)
    crystinonfire likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by xKrNMBoYx View Post
    Plus Dolphin supports flash also.
    Does it support flash? Ok, well after a little research apparently Dolphin is capable of flash playback but has problems with flash videos. I tried to view some flash videos on a few different websites with Dolphin a while back and they wouldn't load.

"It is capable of running Adobe Flash on Android, but it can have problems with video streaming.[4]"
    -Wikipedia

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Zombieheadshot View Post
    Does it support flash? Ok, well after a little research apparently Dolphin is capable of flash playback but has problems with flash videos. I tried to view some flash videos on a few different websites with Dolphin a while back and they wouldn't load.

"It is capable of running Adobe Flash on Android, but it can have problems with video streaming.[4]"
    -Wikipedia

Matt
    Well one you should always try out the new update to see if they updated and fixed the problem you had. Also number 2, the quote you got was from wikipedia....

I'll tell you this. I watch a lot of flash videos that varies a lot. A lot of flash videos from asia (china like youkou, tudou, sokou.) They usually have the worst support, but I have had no problems watching them on any of my android device. Same with daily motion or youtube, or videos that were taken at the movie theater on 1channel

I use Opera Mobile in desktop mode for most of my browsing. And I use Boat browser in full-screen mobile mode for viewing Facebook (because I greatly prefer the mobile site to the crappy app) or other mobile-friendly sites.

Sent from my Blue 32 Verizon SGSIII using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    stock JB 4.1.1 / root

I am using Chrome, but wish I could figure out how to go to full screen without the URL bar.

I'm using the AOSP JB browser instead of the TW version. It's still proving to be the fastest and most reliable (in terms of rendering) browser for me. I am looking forward to the next Chrome update though.

Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 3.0.31-329968

Dolphin. Fastest one I've seen yet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Has anyone noticed behavior where you can't login to some sites using Chrome? After filling in Login and Password I can't hit Enter or manually "click" the button to login.
    I'm currently back to the stock browser from Chrome because this doesn't appear to happen using the stock browser.

I've just switched from Boat to Dolphin as my mobile browser of choice. I still use Opera Mobile for desktop browsing from my phone.

Sent from my Blue 32 SGSIII on Verizon

Chrome is the only browser I've ever used on my phone.

Firefox all the way. I've used chrome, dolphin and a few others but I think FF is better. (Disclaimer - I use FF on my desktop and like having my bookmarks sync'd between my phone and computer. The others may offer this, but.....)