Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery life...good or bad?

Could you guys look to see if something looks off? Did a factory reset after 4.1.1. On Sprint. Thanks in advance!
    Seems like Android System is burning my battery quicker than it should? Or am I crazy?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Battery life...good or bad?

Nothing looks unusual to me - your were down to ~40% battery remaining, after 6 1/2 hours of use in which the screen was on over half the time. I don't know what your brightness setting was but that seems about what I'd normally expect with the screen on for that long.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Definitely could be better... Get this app called Juice Defender, it really helps save battery a LOT

If u don't mind the bulk, get an extended battery which does amazing

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!
    - Using the Sony Xperia Z3! -
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Screen was at half brightness. When I hit the refresh at the top right on battery stats it says "surfaceflinger". On my wifes s3 it says something else. Is surfaceflinger doing something crazy? Or am I just paranoid?

Overall, nothing looks out of place to me. It's usually helpful to post the stats from the display section with any battery troubleshooting too, but I don't think it's necessary in this case. Often the android system will be a high percentage if most of the time you are just scrolling through menu's settings, ect. My phone usually does have much better battery life than that, but recently when I updated to Jelly Bean on this thing, mine's been having a little worse battery life too. I think for now your phone looks fine, let it go a few days and if you still have issues with it, post again on here, but nothing is standing out for now. Just as a comparison, on days when I don't use my phone much at all (A few texts throughout the day, maybe checking some news articles for a few minutes throughout the day, and less than an hour of talk time) I can end a 16-hour day with 75-80 percent battery left. That is with LIGHT use, often I do use it more than that too.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks for chiming in guys. Rhings are looking better today it seems. Ive been on wifi so of course it would. I realized that I was also in a spotty lte location so this may have contributed. Should I just switch to cdma only when I dont need 4g or does it matter? Thanks again!