Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Global Posts
    10,320 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Unfortunately, touchwiz home has stopped working.

Have you read the prior posts in this thread? Have you tried any of the suggestions there? If not, do that and let us know what happens. If none of these worked, let us know and we'll see what we can come up with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all, I know this is for the S3 but I am hoping you can help me. I have a S2 and updated to Jellybean last night. All was fine until I tried adding my planner to home screen. Now all I get is a frozen home screen for a few seconds, then goes black, then comes up with the touchwiz message. I have tried taking battery out and restarting, but it doesn't work.....I can't even get into settings to do other things suggested. I am cluseless as to what else to do....

Update - I restarted again and somehow managed to get to settings before it froze and changed the home screen to basic mode. Seems to be ok for now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yenlien Kuo, thanks a lot for your workarround, you saved me from doing a factory reset!!! THANKS!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Re: Unfortunately, touchwiz home has stopped working.

Hi,

I am new to this forum but have been experiencing the same problem over the past few days. I have done sooo many factory resets that I got tired. Finally I stumbled on what could be a solution though it seems to recurr every now and again:

1. Go to developer options, tick the scaling (all three) to 10x
    2. Go back to your home screen, pinch and select any as your default home screen
    3. Try moving them around for 10 seconds (will be quite slow at 10x)
    4. Try deleting one of the screens (should be able to do this now without the message touchwiz home has stopped working)
    5. Go back to developer options and disable it (until you want to use it again e.g. to connect to your computer for debugging options)

This worked for me though I cant say it will not recurr but at least I dont have to reset and restore backups each time. Hope it will work for you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just thought I should share my phone specs for the record in case its the tweaks:
    GS3 - I9300 (International version) rooted, Firmware: XXEMC2
    Kernel: Siyah version 1.9.1
    Maximum Mhz (clock frequency) - 1600
    Minimum Mhz - 300

However even running on stock kernel and firmware this problem still persisted so me thinks it has nothing to do with the kernel, root etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edgepointrental .... just to let you know that this worked for me ... although I did have to go back and put the scaling back to how it was before (for me it was set at 0.5) .. but then all was fine and Touchwiz is working again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone

my wife's galaxy s2 had this problem. clearing the touchwiz cache worked for a little while, the problem came back.

just letting you know that I had some luck by disabling the S Planner widget. I now can't add the calendar widget to the screen, but the problem has gone. the S calendar app still works using the shortcut.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how do u clear your touch wiz data ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Settings -> Application manager -> All -> TouchWiz home

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vui long huong dan xu ly loi "Unfortunately, touchwiz home has stopped working"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hieuvo View Post
    Vui long huong dan xu ly loi
    Please guide word processors - Um, Google Translate had a bit of a problem with this one. I'm thinking that you're receiving this error and you want to know how to fix it - yes?

See post #35 for the best guess.
    Edit: that is, navigate to that location, select TouchWiz home, and then select the 'Clear data' button.

Um, Google Translate đ c một cht vấn đề với một ny. Ti nghĩ rằng bạn đang nhận lỗi ny v bạn muốn biết lm thế no để sửa chữa n - c?

Xem bi # 35 để đon tốt nhất.
    Chỉnh sửa: đ l, điều hướng đến vị tr đ, chọn TouchWiz nh, v sau đ chọn nt "Xa dữ liệu".

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Gửi từ rễ của ti, debloated, Deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 chạy CM 10.2 sử dụng Tapatalk 4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I worked, thanks a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey its me.
    i ve Samsung galaxy s2 android version 4.1.2, i jst updated the app aftr tat it shows this error esp wen ever i try to type something, "Touchwiz home isn t responding" may b its some Virus bcoz of some data from laptop. but i don t want restore factory setting.
    can u plz tel me how can i fix my this error, i deletod most of the apps, i ve lot of memory but still i ve same error in touch
    thanx. i ll wait for ur reply

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

which mobile phone do u have??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tycusjay View Post
    Hi all, I know this is for the S3 but I am hoping you can help me. I have a S2 and updated to Jellybean last night. All was fine until I tried adding my planner to home screen. Now all I get is a frozen home screen for a few seconds, then goes black, then comes up with the touchwiz message. I have tried taking battery out and restarting, but it doesn't work.....I can't even get into settings to do other things suggested. I am cluseless as to what else to do....

Update - I restarted again and somehow managed to get to settings before it froze and changed the home screen to basic mode. Seems to be ok for now...
    it doesn t work even....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gee_es_three View Post
    after updating my Gs3 to jelly bean every time i try and use a folder i get the message that my touchwiz has stopped working. this is very frustrating. also i have noticed that my home screen has become a bit more laggy then usual... any ideas???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. I posted this on another page too but sharing because it worked for me and I was losing my mind and Samsung was not helping. I fixed it on my s5 and on assign s4 mini by downloading an app called launcher switcher. The app shows all the launchers that are on your device. I removed the apps that are considered launchers and it was fixed.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. (I had a very hard time registering on this site because my Microsoft sign-in was refused repeatedly - had to use a Google one.)

I've had the TouchWiz problem since i got my Note 4. It does not occur all the time, but it appears to be a problem with the TouchWiz application itself. I've tried all the "solutions" and they don't work.

The problem seems to occur because TouchWiz becomes confused. I am in the habit of closing down all apps periodically. When I'm only in one or two apps and not doing much the phone is stable and the problem doesn't occur. When I apply multiple gestures before getting a response (due to multi-tasking or slow response from an app) then the problem occurs. It's definitely not random, and I can predict when the problem is more likely to occur. If I have two or three apps open and they are interacting with internet or 4G and encountering delays there, TouchWiz has the problem - It reminds me of a problem I've had for years (and still have) on my computer with Microsoft Outlook - I have Outlook managing more email addresses than it was ever designed for, and when Outlook gets hung up on a problem with one address it freezes and I have to force it to fail and restart again. This happens to me with Outlook at least once a week. If Outlook can have a problem like this, so can TouchWiz.

I am waiting for Samsung to fix the problem with TouchWiz. Samsung should own it and stop blaming this problem on their customers. It's disgusting when a company blames this kind of problem on customers.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12