Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Unfortunately, touchwiz home has stopped working.

Have you read the prior posts in this thread? Have you tried any of the suggestions there? If not, do that and let us know what happens. If none of these worked, let us know and we'll see what we can come up with.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Hi all, I know this is for the S3 but I am hoping you can help me. I have a S2 and updated to Jellybean last night. All was fine until I tried adding my planner to home screen. Now all I get is a frozen home screen for a few seconds, then goes black, then comes up with the touchwiz message. I have tried taking battery out and restarting, but it doesn't work.....I can't even get into settings to do other things suggested. I am cluseless as to what else to do....

Update - I restarted again and somehow managed to get to settings before it froze and changed the home screen to basic mode. Seems to be ok for now...
    Last edited by tycusjay; 04-23-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Yenlien Kuo, thanks a lot for your workarround, you saved me from doing a factory reset!!! THANKS!

Wink Re: Unfortunately, touchwiz home has stopped working.

Hi,

I am new to this forum but have been experiencing the same problem over the past few days. I have done sooo many factory resets that I got tired. Finally I stumbled on what could be a solution though it seems to recurr every now and again:

1. Go to developer options, tick the scaling (all three) to 10x
    2. Go back to your home screen, pinch and select any as your default home screen
    3. Try moving them around for 10 seconds (will be quite slow at 10x)
    4. Try deleting one of the screens (should be able to do this now without the message touchwiz home has stopped working)
    5. Go back to developer options and disable it (until you want to use it again e.g. to connect to your computer for debugging options)

This worked for me though I cant say it will not recurr but at least I dont have to reset and restore backups each time. Hope it will work for you

Just thought I should share my phone specs for the record in case its the tweaks:
    GS3 - I9300 (International version) rooted, Firmware: XXEMC2
    Kernel: Siyah version 1.9.1
    Maximum Mhz (clock frequency) - 1600
    Minimum Mhz - 300

However even running on stock kernel and firmware this problem still persisted so me thinks it has nothing to do with the kernel, root etc.

Edgepointrental .... just to let you know that this worked for me ... although I did have to go back and put the scaling back to how it was before (for me it was set at 0.5) .. but then all was fine and Touchwiz is working again

Hi everyone

my wife's galaxy s2 had this problem. clearing the touchwiz cache worked for a little while, the problem came back.

just letting you know that I had some luck by disabling the S Planner widget. I now can't add the calendar widget to the screen, but the problem has gone. the S calendar app still works using the shortcut.

Cheers

how do u clear your touch wiz data ?

Settings -> Application manager -> All -> TouchWiz home

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Vui long huong dan xu ly loi "Unfortunately, touchwiz home has stopped working"

Quote Originally Posted by hieuvo View Post
    Vui long huong dan xu ly loi
    Please guide word processors - Um, Google Translate had a bit of a problem with this one. I'm thinking that you're receiving this error and you want to know how to fix it - yes?

See post #35 for the best guess.
    Edit: that is, navigate to that location, select TouchWiz home, and then select the 'Clear data' button.

Um, Google Translate đ c một cht vấn đề với một ny. Ti nghĩ rằng bạn đang nhận lỗi ny v bạn muốn biết lm thế no để sửa chữa n - c?

Xem bi # 35 để đon tốt nhất.
    Chỉnh sửa: đ l, điều hướng đến vị tr đ, chọn TouchWiz nh, v sau đ chọn nt "Xa dữ liệu".

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Gửi từ rễ của ti, debloated, Deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 chạy CM 10.2 sử dụng Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by GSDer; 12-15-2013 at 04:35 AM.

I worked, thanks a lot.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12