Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Default Re: What If...?

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    I'm not, Apple has never actually invented anything. They take an idea, change it a bit (i'll admit, sometimes improving it a bit) and then act like it was their idea.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
    zapfrog likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by zapfrog View Post
    Exactly! Looking at Apples history of sue happiness I was surprised to find how many companies they sued.

Even more surprising is how many companies have sued Apple for stealing their ideas or other litigation. Motorola, RealNetworks, Apple Music Corp, Cisco Systems, Creative Technology, Typhoon Touch Technologies, Nokia, Kodak and VirnetX and others including the Justice Dept.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Check this thread out. Some of my favorite reading Thought this was funny and interesting.

Android Evangelist
    geekymcfly likes this.

If you take away the new styling cues, larger screen and LTE, how much real innovation remains on the i5? No removable battery. No micro sd card. No NFC. Smaller battery. Less customization potential. Clearly, style over substance.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
    The Hustleman likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by jcp007 View Post
    If you take away the new styling cues, larger screen and LTE, how much real innovation remains on the i5? No removable battery. No micro sd card. No NFC. Smaller battery. Less customization potential. Clearly, style over substance.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
    This is why Scott Forestall got fired.

Android Evangelist
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Saw that video from above which really got the ball rolling for me.

But it's still a big what if... I think apple has to do something or else it will be the Apple of the early 90's again.

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post

Exactly. lol Poor Apple.

Very unlikely. I think there's a better chance of Apple and Google working together to dominate the smartphone market than Apple adding widget support.

Apple and iPhone users don't care about great simplifications like widgets and toggles. They don't even care that iOS 6 Maps takes them to graveyards or the middle of the desert instead of Starbucks, that the iPhone 4 had a broken antenna, or that they sell/buy $45 proprietary charging cables.

Galaxy S3
    My Podcast-
    My Blog-
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Nope. They will adopt some stuff because they know it is adapt or die. Right now they are getting to die territory and they need to keep pushing small improvements as a selling point for the next gen. By around i7s you are going to see a MAJOR INNOVATIVE up overhaul. I say the capitalized words sarcastically. The change is that they are going to make it more customizable. Not as much as we can but options will be there.

You can only bottle something for so long before people go 'yeah and?'

Hardware just isn't gonna do it because you can only go so far. That means it has to be iOS that gets changed

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Nope. They will adopt some stuff because they know it is adapt or die. Right now they are getting to die territory and they need to keep pushing small improvements as a selling point for the next gen. By around i7s you are going to see a MAJOR INNOVATIVE up overhaul. I say the capitalized words sarcastically. The change is that they are going to make it more customizable. Not as much as we can but options will be there.

Hardware just isn't gonna do it because you can only go so far. That means it has to be iOS that gets changed

At least they smartened up and put Google Maps back on their App Store.

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Yeah they approved it but they didn't have much of a choice. To reject the app, an app that met all the guidelines, would have opened them up to a slew of lawsuits. Apple certainly didn't make the app, and Google made them suffer an appropriate time for taking it off iOS, so let's not lay that at apes feet and say they did a good job

Yeah they approved it but they didn't have much of a choice. To reject the app, an app that met all the guidelines, would have opened them up to a slew of lawsuits. Apple certainly didn't make the app, and Google made them suffer an appropriate time for taking it off iOS, so let's not lay that at apes feet and say they did a good job

Well Apple would have the final say on whether or not the app would go on their App Store. They deserve a bit of the credit, but not much.

Since we're talking Apple here.......

Does anyone know if Apple sponsored or supported the 12/12/12 concert that just happened two days ago since...well, you know... they're the richest company in the world??

I know Samsung was a sponsor!!....and they're a foreign company!!
    xlDeMoNiClx likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I am sure they kicked in and will again through iTunes. By that I mean this. The producers say that every penny made off the concert is going to the foundation. Columbia is eating the cost of making and distributing the record, iTunes will eat the normal cut they get from the sale and call it another contribution. I do not say that with any malice, it's a good thing

You seem rather certain of yourself. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Galaxy S3
    My Podcast-
    My Blog-
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Change is inevitable

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

Change is inevitable

Except for Apple, from the first iOS to now there hasn't been much change which is why I switched.

xlDeMoNiClx likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Didn't say it was fast...

badbrad17 likes this.

Apple will never release a phone in the 5" range, but they have to realize that people want bigger screens on their phones.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!
    badbrad17 likes this.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    Exactly. lol Poor Apple.
    I had seen this which really opened my eyes and I started doing more research.

Of course this week in Forbes Apple lost two big patents in preliminary hearings from the US Patent Board. Patents to do with touch screens and gestures. Apple will most likely appeal but in the meantime all is right in the world.

Global Posts
    716 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zapfrog View Post
    I had seen this which really opened my eyes and I started doing more research.

Of course this week in Forbes Apple lost two big patents in preliminary hearings from the US Patent Board. Patents to do with touch screens and gestures. Apple will most likely appeal but in the meantime all is right in the world.
    Since at least one of the patents that was thrown out was involved in the Apple vs. Samsung case, that opens a very legit case for Samsung to push for the decision to be thrown out. That case, which had the biased jury foreman who PUSHED the rest of the jury to ignore all prior art arguments now has a "one of the patents in question was thrown out".

Back to the topic at hand, Apple has been in the land of a stagnant UI since 2001. MacOS X may have added support for a few new things, but it has not changed to speak of when it comes to the UI, and iOS hasn't really changed in terms of how you use it since the original iPhone. Bolting on a new feature here or there does not help make iOS feel any more modern than something from the 1990s. Look at their task switcher...it FEELS like some clunky relic from 1995.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12