What If...?

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
The problem with that is that then they would be copy cats and it would degrade their brand. That is unless they added widgets and tried to act like it was their idea.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
You mean like they do with everything else?

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Don't think that will happen. Apple devices are nice for someone who just wants to use their phone. Not everyone is into customization and just want a straightforward device. Iphone offers this and more of you choose to jailbreak. I love both operating systems for different reasons and think both should stick to what makes them shine. Android for customizations etc iphone for simplicity and an Os dedicated to a specific hardware.

My thoughts exactly! But I am getting tired of Apple suing any and everybody just for the hell of it. I flip flopped between iOS and Android for the last year and half, and finally, I'm back on Android with GS3.

neiljay6

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't make a difference to me. Still will have itunes, still no sharing between different devices, and still the same small screen.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
My thoughts exactly! But I am getting tired of Apple suing any and everybody just for the hell of it. I flip flopped between iOS and Android for the last year and half, and finally, I'm back on Android with GS3.

Exactly! Looking at Apples history of sue happiness I was surprised to find how many companies they sued.

Even more surprising is how many companies have sued Apple for stealing their ideas or other litigation. Motorola, RealNetworks, Apple Music Corp, Cisco Systems, Creative Technology, Typhoon Touch Technologies, Nokia, Kodak and VirnetX and others including the Justice Dept.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Exactly! Looking at Apples history of sue happiness I was surprised to find how many companies they sued.

Even more surprising is how many companies have sued Apple for stealing their ideas or other litigation. Motorola, RealNetworks, Apple Music Corp, Cisco Systems, Creative Technology, Typhoon Touch Technologies, Nokia, Kodak and VirnetX and others including the Justice Dept.

I'm not, Apple has never actually invented anything. They take an idea, change it a bit (i'll admit, sometimes improving it a bit) and then act like it was their idea.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Check this thread out. Some of my favorite reading http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=221540

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
If you take away the new styling cues, larger screen and LTE, how much real innovation remains on the i5? No removable battery. No micro sd card. No NFC. Smaller battery. Less customization potential. Clearly, style over substance.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
If you take away the new styling cues, larger screen and LTE, how much real innovation remains on the i5? No removable battery. No micro sd card. No NFC. Smaller battery. Less customization potential. Clearly, style over substance.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

This is why Scott Forestall got fired.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Saw that video from above which really got the ball rolling for me.

But it's still a big what if... I think apple has to do something or else it will be the Apple of the early 90's again.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Very unlikely. I think there's a better chance of Apple and Google working together to dominate the smartphone market than Apple adding widget support.

Apple and iPhone users don't care about great simplifications like widgets and toggles. They don't even care that iOS 6 Maps takes them to graveyards or the middle of the desert instead of Starbucks, that the iPhone 4 had a broken antenna, or that they sell/buy $45 proprietary charging cables.

Galaxy SIII
My Podcast - http://cyberears.com/index.php/Show/audio/6030
My Blog - https://www.blogger.com/blogin.g?blogspotURL=http://bearpastarocketpop.blogspot.com/

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Nope. They will adopt some stuff because they know it is adapt or die. Right now they are getting to die territory and they need to keep pushing small improvements as a selling point for the next gen. By around i7s you are going to see a MAJOR INNOVATIVE up overhaul. I say the capitalized words sarcastically. The change is that they are going to make it more customizable. Not as much as we can but options will be there.

You can only bottle something for so long before people go 'yeah and?'

Hardware just isn't gonna do it because you can only go so far. That means it has to be iOS that gets changed

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Nope. They will adopt some stuff because they know it is adapt or die. Right now they are getting to die territory and they need to keep pushing small improvements as a selling point for the next gen. By around i7s you are going to see a MAJOR INNOVATIVE up overhaul. I say the capitalized words sarcastically. The change is that they are going to make it more customizable. Not as much as we can but options will be there.

Hardware just isn't gonna do it because you can only go so far. That means it has to be iOS that gets changed

At least they smartened up and put Google Maps back on their App Store.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah they approved it but they didn't have much of a choice. To reject the app, an app that met all the guidelines, would have opened them up to a slew of lawsuits. Apple certainly didn't make the app, and Google made them suffer an appropriate time for taking it off iOS, so let's not lay that at apes feet and say they did a good job

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah they approved it but they didn't have much of a choice. To reject the app, an app that met all the guidelines, would have opened them up to a slew of lawsuits. Apple certainly didn't make the app, and Google made them suffer an appropriate time for taking it off iOS, so let's not lay that at apes feet and say they did a good job

Well Apple would have the final say on whether or not the app would go on their App Store. They deserve a bit of the credit, but not much.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Since we're talking Apple here.......

Does anyone know if Apple sponsored or supported the 12/12/12 concert that just happened two days ago since...well, you know... they're the richest company in the world??

I know Samsung was a sponsor!!....and they're a foreign company!!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am sure they kicked in and will again through iTunes. By that I mean this. The producers say that every penny made off the concert is going to the foundation. Columbia is eating the cost of making and distributing the record, iTunes will eat the normal cut they get from the sale and call it another contribution. I do not say that with any malice, it's a good thing

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site

You seem rather certain of yourself. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Galaxy SIII
My Podcast - http://cyberears.com/index.php/Show/audio/6030
My Blog - https://www.blogger.com/blogin.g?blogspotURL=http://bearpastarocketpop.blogspot.com/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay