Wifi not shutting off

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone now I'm back from the iPhone 4s I'm glad to be back with Android I am loving the galaxy s3. But I was using this galaxy s3 and while using it I should of the wifi because I left my house. Then about 5 to 6 minutes later I went to turn on my GPS and the wifi was still on not sure if this is a known issue I have seen some people talk about it and I thought there was a workaround I tried searching but could not find anything I will continue to search the forums but I figured out also try to ask. Thanks guys for coming back to the Android life and thanks for your help in advance

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Takeout the battery and wait about 30 seconds and put the battery back. Hopefully this will fix the issue.

If not, make sure all the app you installed do not have auto on/off off for any of the radio toggles (wifi, BT, NFC, S-Beam, etc).

If all fails to solve the issue, try a factory reset. BUT if you are going to load back data from a backup, DO NOT load the phone settings back onto the device after the rest(only load the personal data).

All the best.

gooseman47

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
You probably have the "connections optimizer" check box selected. Go to "settings", "more settings","mobile networks" and then "connections optimizer". You'll probably see at the top of the screen "connections optimizer" with a check in the box. Uncheck it and see if the problem goes away.