The "People" app

ItsMeMandi

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
So I posted this on the T-Mobile GS3 board, but it seems no one feels like replying. My question is:

I guess I've just been out of the loop that this app ever even existed, but now that I'm upgraded to Jelly Bean I was reading the new features and saw the People app from ICS was being mentioned. I have Contacts...but not People. Any suggestions??

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I honestly have not seen it on stock. HTC had a people app but not sure about samsung. There is a favorite contacts app, is that what you are talking about?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Well if I read that right, they took the aosp contacts and 'updated' it to be the people app. Same thing

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

mfriedman79

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
The People app is the revamped contacts app that came out with ICS. As far as I have seen it is only on AOSP ROM's or Nexus devices. Samsung still uses the Contacts app, but shares a number of features as far as the social network aggregation assuming the sync accounts are setup.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Then expands it to places where aosp and the nexus don't go like direct call, the swipe to message or call..

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
whats the difference between People and Contacts?

Nothing much

LOL. People is the Google app for contacts. You have to remember that Samsung strips out all the utility apps (dialer, people, camera, email) and replaces them with their own. They remove Google's People app and replace it with their Contacts app. Functionally, the two apps do the same thing. They look completely different, though.

WendellD

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I didn't realize I had the People phone app until I came across it looking for something else. It synced my contacts with True Dialer and I like the app but I can't find a key pad to dial on. Any help?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan