Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jmaudi0
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Alternative Messaging on Android

Android gives users choice & customization, but sometimes Less is Best
    Messaging on Android is a very personal activity. Unlike other OS's we have an option to use more than one messaging client. Also-because Android OS has more than one OEM, some devices come with a OEM experience messaging client. Leaving one device and moving to a completely new device with a different OEM can leave you missing your past messaging experience, or you may find yourself happily falling in love with your new SMS Client.

Luckily for us there are a good number of SMS clients that we can use to replace the stock messengers on our devices. Here are the Alternatives;

Go SMS Pro

Stock Jelly Bean SMS

Handcent (Also Available on iOS)

ChompSMS

And a few others. I however recommend "Stock Jelly Bean SMS" - As much as I love Go SMS it's not fast enough and the UI could use a little cleaning. Also Go SMS's apart of Go Launcher with ties into all the Go Dev services, so you have two extra screens which practically scream at you to use more Go services.

Stock Jelly Bean SMS is just clean and simple

Google has it right with the stock SM

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Default Re: Alternative Messaging on Android

where can you get the stock jelly bean sms?
    Thanked by:
    Mr Quince likes this.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmaudi0 View Post
    where can you get the stock jelly bean sms?
    I would also like to know this.

Sent from my Sammy GS3

Just search android 4.1 jb sms in Google play

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by XavierMatt View Post
    Android gives users choice & customization, but sometimes Less is Best
    Messaging on Android is a very personal activity. Unlike other OS's we have an option to use more than one messaging client. Also-because Android OS has more than one OEM, some devices come with a OEM experience messaging client. Leaving one device and moving to a completely new device with a different OEM can leave you missing your past messaging experience, or you may find yourself happily falling in love with your new SMS Client.

Luckily for us there are a good number of SMS clients that we can use to replace the stock messengers on our devices. Here are the Alternatives;

Go SMS Pro

Stock Jelly Bean SMS

Handcent (Also Available on iOS)

ChompSMS

And a few others. I however recommend "Stock Jelly Bean SMS" - As much as I love Go SMS it's not fast enough and the UI could use a little cleaning. Also Go SMS's apart of Go Launcher with ties into all the Go Dev services, so you have two extra screens which practically scream at you to use more Go services.

Stock Jelly Bean SMS is just clean and simple

Google has it right with the stock SM
    The extra screens drove me crazy if you use change the running mode it disables them. But eventually it felt too cluttered I'm trying out stock jelly bean sms and really like it so far.

Sent from Big Red

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle View Post
    The extra screens drove me crazy if you use change the running mode it disables them. But eventually it felt too cluttered I'm trying out stock jelly bean sms and really like it so far.

Sent from Big Red
    The extra screens drove me crazy as well. Right now i'm using the default messaging.
    Did I help you at all? Return the favor by giving me a "thanks"
    LG Rumor -> LG Rumor Touch -> LG Optimus S (Cyanogenmod 7.2 on 2.3.5) -> Samsung Galaxy S3 (MK3 Barebones on 4.3) -> LG Nexus 5 (Carbon Nightlies on 4.4.2)

I tried the default app but it delivers double messages, and and I don't mean double notifications. Beyond that it doesn't recognize with unread bags apps with sms by default. That's just my experience anyways.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums