- 67 Posts
Alternative Messaging on Android
Android gives users choice & customization, but sometimes Less is Best
Messaging on Android is a very personal activity. Unlike other OS's we have an option to use more than one messaging client. Also-because Android OS has more than one OEM, some devices come with a OEM experience messaging client. Leaving one device and moving to a completely new device with a different OEM can leave you missing your past messaging experience, or you may find yourself happily falling in love with your new SMS Client.
Luckily for us there are a good number of SMS clients that we can use to replace the stock messengers on our devices. Here are the Alternatives;
Go SMS Pro
Stock Jelly Bean SMS
Handcent (Also Available on iOS)
And a few others. I however recommend "Stock Jelly Bean SMS" - As much as I love Go SMS it's not fast enough and the UI could use a little cleaning. Also Go SMS's apart of Go Launcher with ties into all the Go Dev services, so you have two extra screens which practically scream at you to use more Go services.
Stock Jelly Bean SMS is just clean and simple
Google has it right with the stock SM
- 12-13-2012, 02:48 PM #2
- 12-13-2012, 07:23 PM #3
- 12-16-2012, 12:08 AM #4
- 12-16-2012, 08:04 AM #5
- 12-16-2012, 08:58 AM #6Did I help you at all? Return the favor by giving me a "thanks"
LG Rumor -> LG Rumor Touch -> LG Optimus S (Cyanogenmod 7.2 on 2.3.5) -> Samsung Galaxy S3 (MK3 Barebones on 4.3) -> LG Nexus 5 (Carbon Nightlies on 4.4.2)
- 12-16-2012, 09:20 AM #7
- 223 Posts
Re: Alternative Messaging on Android
I tried the default app but it delivers double messages, and and I don't mean double notifications. Beyond that it doesn't recognize with unread bags apps with sms by default. That's just my experience anyways.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
- By koehjo in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 07-21-2012, 03:43 PM
- By kharrigan in forum Android AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 01-05-2012, 10:43 AM
- By sk8trix in forum BlackBerryReplies: 1Last Post: 04-22-2011, 05:16 PM
- By c3PreO in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 09-03-2010, 11:14 PM
- By MannyZ28 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 15Last Post: 04-23-2010, 11:18 AM