Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 will not turn on

My samsung galaxy s3 was working perfectly. then one day it started turning off by itself. i never dropped it or anything. i tried turning it on it would just go to the samsung logo and then just turn off. it just keeps doing that. help please i need my cell phone
    Philipo Mabula likes this.

Hi. Ive got exactly the same problem. Both my mobile phone provider and Samsung themselves want nothing to do with it as they think ive rooted it myself which is BS. My only option now is to try to get my phone replaced by my insurance company.

Ill never buy samsung again

Thanks.

With the phone off, try to boot into recovery: press and hold, at the same time, the volume UP, home and power buttons. Hold them until the Samsung logo appears, and immediately release all three buttons. If you see a menu, use the volume up and down buttons to select Factory Reset, then press the power button to execute that choice.

Robert, if your phone really started doing this all by itself, I'd take it back to where you got it and see if they can get it working, and if not have it repaired under warranty. Unfortunately, sometimes products are defective. Not just Samsung products, either.

Hi
    I'm facing the same problem with my S3now.. My phone was working fine till night and now in the morning when i woke up nothing works.. It just looks the screen is dead. i tried everything home key, volume keys and even removed and kept my battery for couple of time, there is no change. SUPERUSER is installed in my S3, is there anything that i can do to make my S3 work normal again.. Pls help.. thank you in advance

Thumbs up Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 will not turn on

Thank you!!!!! My AT&T non-rooted Galaxy S3 (new in 1/13) was having force close issues too often then one day just stopped at the SAMSUNG word after the rain drop screen during boot. It displayed SAMSUNG for hours. I had removed battery. Powered off and on, etc., nothing would get it past that point. After reading your instructions, I got it to the menu where I could do a factory reset and now it is working!!! Thank you SO SO MUCH!

Quote Originally Posted by srinivas9992 View Post
    Hi
    I'm facing the same problem with my S3now.. My phone was working fine till night and now in the morning when i woke up nothing works.. It just looks the screen is dead. i tried everything home key, volume keys and even removed and kept my battery for couple of time, there is no change. SUPERUSER is installed in my S3, is there anything that i can do to make my S3 work normal again.. Pls help.. thank you in advance
    srinivas, have you tried the instructions in the post immediately above yours, to boot into recovery? If that doesn't work, then I'm afraid there's probably nothing you can do other than have the phone repaired, hopefully under warranty.

I have really messed up I tried rooting my galaxy s3 with odin and it told me it failed so i turned it off. when i tried to turn it on it would just vibrate and nothing would happen.

Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 from sprint, and I just recently attempted to apply the 4.2.2 update (I believe it was 4.2.2, update after 4.1.2) and now it gets stuck at the flashing "Samsung" screen and won't go any farther. I have rooted it and the update automatically updated for some reason after I pressed "Install Later". I tried booting into recovery mode, then tried both deleting cache and doing a factory reset, and it still gets stuck at the same spot.

Still 4.1.2, but with Premium Suite features added, and new modem software.

OTA's and rooted phone don't play well together. Are you running a custom recovery (Clockwork Mod or TWRP)? If so, I would suggest following the directions in post #2 of this thread: Your way to update to MD4 This will get the latest Sprint ROM and modem on your phone.

If you're still on the stock recovery, I would suggest installing TWRP: How to Install TWRP Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sprint) - TheUnlockr and then do post #2 in the above thread.

Samsung will actually fix it for free cause its some kind of flaw so they are talking in all phones and fixing under warranty no matter hoiw long or even if its rooted.

Samsung will fix for free just go to there website and talk to a representative bout it and they will set you up and give you the ups label to send it in for repair even if its rooted cause there are a lot of s3 messing up cause software problems so its a free fix I did it myself and I had my phone rooted and everything.

hello folks, I own a s3, rooted, and like most of you, i rebooted by phone once and it froze at the logo part. after a while, the power button stopped working. the I didi find a way to fix it.
    for all those having a problem with their power buttons: try this.
    1. Disconnect the usb/power cord from the device.
    2. Remove back cover from the device.
    3. Remove battery, and leave the back cover off. You will place the battery back-in in a second.
    4. Reconnect the usb/power cord to the device and then to your PC.
    5. Now, while the device is connected, plugin the battery. This is the key step.
    At this point, the device shows the battery charging animation, the black/white one on fullscreen, the one that is shown when the device is powered-off and charging. The device had not shown this image in a very long time, while the power button issue was going on, so this looked promising.
    6. Now, I pressed the power button, and then the phone started to boot-up.
    7. I then went inot downloading mode, flashed it again with the default OS and it was good as new.
    I eventually did get bored and I rooted it again and havent had any problems since.
    And thank goodness I had all my data backed up in the ext sd card.
    hope I helped.
    source: androidforums

Hi people
    Last night my samsung s3 phone did a firm wear up date , and now it will not turn on , i have tryed the three button trick but it is still not working .any advise ???

I'm going to call samsung about my S3 in the morning. I'll report back on success or failure.

Unhappy Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 will not turn on

I have a Samsung galaxy s3 with AT&T. I recently rooted my phone it worked for about a day and it rebooted on its own and when it rebooted it stayed on the Samsung sign with the glowing ring.. that's the furthest it go.. I need help on how to get my phone back on...please help...yes I already did the recovery mode and wipe and cleared everything it still won't come on...please I need all the help I can get..thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by danielle bush View Post
    Hi people
    Last night my samsung s3 phone did a firm wear up date , and now it will not turn on , i have tryed the three button trick but it is still not working .any advise ???
    Did you turn the phone off before you tried to boot into recovery? It won't work with the phone on.

Quote Originally Posted by Davaneisha Bowie View Post
    I have a Samsung galaxy s3 with AT&T. I recently rooted my phone it worked for about a day and it rebooted on its own and when it rebooted it stayed on the Samsung sign with the glowing ring.. that's the furthest it go.. I need help on how to get my phone back on...please help...yes I already did the recovery mode and wipe and cleared everything it still won't come on...please I need all the help I can get..thanks in advance
    Can you boot into download mode? If so, you should be able to use Odin to install a valid ROM. This post will get you back to stock unrooted, and then you can root again: http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-g...jellybean.html
    You won't be able to do the triangle away step, but if you're going to root again, that won't matter.

If you can't get into download mode, I'm not sure what to do.

My Samsung Galaxy S3 is in warranty.. Its not turning on.. 4 months old.. Is it possible to replace with new one...
    Any help wil be appreciated.. thanks..

You're going to have to contact Samsung directly. Since it's still in warranty, they will replace it, probably with a refurbished phone.

I have a tmobile galaxy s3 (Sgh-t999). I was flashing Sonic Team ROM @ FreeGS3 ROM - TheUnlockr and after I installed it I cleared dalvic cache as usual and hit reboot phone now. When it shut off it never came back on. Home, up, power and home & down do nothing. If i take out the battery and plug it in i can get the red light to go on but thats about it. Do you possibly have any suggestions for me. I have flash about 20 different roms on it with no issues. Usually i use Jedi Invasion 5 as my ROM but tried this one/. I would appreciate any help you may be able to give.Thank you

My wife's galaxy s3 had a pop up saying unfortunately Samsung sync adapters have stopped. Now the phone will Not stay turned on. At&t said it is under warranty but she's trying to save all her pics to the pc but the phone won't stay on long enough to sync. Is there anyway to salvage the phone?

My wife's galaxy s3 had a pop up saying unfortunately Samsung sync adapters have stopped. Now the phone will Not stay turned on. At&t said it is under warranty but she's trying to save all her pics...Is there anyway to salvage the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by danielle bush View Post
    Hi people
    Same exact thing here. I am sending mine into Samsung to be looked at...

Posted via Android Central App

Hi I am having the same problem - after taking a video my Galaxy S3 just shut down and will not charge properly. If I put my friend's battery in it manages to get to the "Samsung" Logo start up page but then freezes on it and can't go past it. My only problem is, I have all of my photos saved on the phone memory. At CarphoneWarehouse they told me they can send it to repair as it's under a warranty but their repair service wipes out all the data. Is there any way that I can try and save my things? Would recovery mode mean that there is a chance of saving the phone or does it mean complete reset?
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast