Samsung Galaxy S3 will not turn on

alimac1966

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi

My S3 is stuck on the initial screen that says Samsung Galaxy SIII GT-19300. It has been like that since I got up. If I press the on/off button nothing happens. If I press it for a long time it the screen goes of for about a second then the same screen appears. I tried taking the a battery out put it back in switched on and the same screen appears. When I connect the phone to my laptop my laptop does not recognise the phone.

Please help
Ally

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi

My S3 is stuck on the initial screen that says Samsung Galaxy SIII GT-19300. It has been like that since I got up. If I press the on/off button nothing happens. If I press it for a long time it the screen goes of for about a second then the same screen appears. I tried taking the a battery out put it back in switched on and the same screen appears. When I connect the phone to my laptop my laptop does not recognise the phone.

Please help
Ally

did you do any rom flashing? are you willing to factory reset?

alimac1966

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the idea but I just tried a hard reset by pressing volume up + home + power. The logo came on then logo went off phone didnt vibrate. Tried letting go of button when logo was on screen phone just went off. :(

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the idea but I just tried a hard reset by pressing volume up + home + power. The logo came on then logo went off phone didnt vibrate. Tried letting go of button when logo was on screen phone just went off. :(

Well you can either try to send it in for repair or we can try to reflash the software. I'm going to a meeting now but later tonight if you have time. ... it could be a charging problem. Maybe not enough juice to actually boot.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

alimac1966

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your offer of help but I think it needs to go back. I have followed a few videos on you tube about reflashing the software but the phone does not respond in the way the videos suggest. It is still under warranty so it can go back. Thanks again. Al

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Did you try to plug in the charger while it is off for a couple of hours and then try and restart it? If the battery is really, really low, sometimes it won't boot up with it plugged up right away, has to recharge some.

alyssarosan

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I have the same problem. My S3 is stuck just on the logo. I was texting when it suddenly froze then it shut down then now it is just showing the s3 logo. Hard reset wont work (Volume up, power button and Home button)

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Beat me to it! They are dropping like flies!

Oh, please, let's not get all crazy about it. From the linked story:

Compared to the millions of Galaxy S3 handset sold, the number experiencing the issue is minuscule, likely not enough to cause Samsung to revamp their hardware build. But if you have experienced a similar issue, know you are not alone. So let?s not everyone freak out. The world isn?t ending and your Galaxy S3 will be just fine.

halina2

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi, my husband has an S3 that will not turn on. He's tried using my battery and it still won't start. Is there anything else we can try???

Thankyou

sammouro

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I feel for you bud.
I plugged my S3 into the Charger before i went to sleep, when i woke up the phone was dead, called support and they got me to try pressing multiple buttons over a number of combinations but that was fruitless.
Only way to go is to take it to a technician.
Does anyone know a way to access my internal memory as i would like to erase it, lots of sensitive info on my cell that i wouldn't want a nosy technician getting into.

Cheers

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol