Samsung Galaxy S3 will not turn on

Kelvin Jackson

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem like many others have posted.......please show me the procedure I just bought this device last two month and its kind kills me.....

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I have the same problem like many others have posted.......please show me the procedure I just bought this device last two month and its kind kills me.....

There have been a number of different problems discussed in this thread, so saying "the same problem" doesn't really give us much info. If you phone is completely dead, and it's not because of something you did (e.g., flashing a ROM), you need to contact Samsung support in your country and find out how to send your phone in for warranty repair.

Mitchell Baynard

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm having an issue where my galaxy s3 won't turn on at all. It won't even show the startup logo, just a black screen. I've tried charging it, but the LCD light doesn't come on and it still doesn't start up. I've even tried rebooting it: holding down the power button, volume up button, and the menu button at the same time, still nothing. It was working fine today. The battery was a little low, but when I went to charge it that's when I realized it wouldn't start. Please help. Any suggestions are appreciated.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm having an issue where my galaxy s3 won't turn on at all. It won't even show the startup logo, just a black screen. I've tried charging it, but the LCD light doesn't come on and it still doesn't start up. I've even tried rebooting it: holding down the power button, volume up button, and the menu button at the same time, still nothing. It was working fine today. The battery was a little low, but when I went to charge it that's when I realized it wouldn't start. Please help. Any suggestions are appreciated.

First question: Did you attempt to root the phone or flash a ROM?

If the answer is no, I think your only real recourse is to take the phone back to where you bought it, or return it to Samsung for repair.

If you have the international version, you may have succumbed to the bug that is causing a small number of phones to die. Samsung will replace those phones under warranty. Wish there were a better answer.

It's certainly possible that the battery failed. Try removing the battery and plugging the charger in. I think the red LED should light up if the phone is OK. It's also possible the charger or cable are bad, but unless the battery was already completely dead that wouldn't prevent the phone from booting.

Mohammad Faraji

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
before 4 months i was watching a video on utube then my s3 restart and the logo of s3 appear and disappear again and again. i can open recovery mode and i use downloading mode and downloaded the last version of android and installed it but its still the same restating and just the logo is appear

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
before 4 months i was watching a video on utube then my s3 restart and the logo of s3 appear and disappear again and again. i can open recovery mode and i use downloading mode and downloaded the last version of android and installed it but its still the same restating and just the logo is appear

My suggestion would be to boot into recovery mode and do a factory reset. If hat doesn' work, let us know and we'll try something else.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Here is a video of my daughter's s3 that decided to just die today. It will not power on.... it will not go into recovery mode, but it will act like it will let me put a custom os on it.
Couldn't Sprint put the 4.1.2 updated os on the phone from here and potentially get my daughter's phone operating again?

It looks to me like that phone has been rooted already. If so, I think Sprint is unlikely to be willing to do much for you. You might want to try the steps in his thread to bring it back to completely stock: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...-30-2012-sprint-only-unroot-return-stock.html

But first I suggest reposting your question and video in the Sprint Rooting subforum and see what the experts say: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-s-iii-rooting-roms-hacks

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
1) the phone has never been rooted. It's completely stock out of the box from Best Buy.

2) the phone won't go into recovery has the video shows.

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't know how you would ever get to that screen on a bone stock GS3. How old is the phone? If it's nearly new, I'd take it back to Best Buy and see what they say.

You get to that screen by pressing the volume down, power and home button at the same time. I found it by accident when volume up, power, and home didnt get me into recovery to hard reset the phone.

We activated the phone fresh out of the box on December 20th. So I guess I'm just going to get Sprint to give us another one.

Pedro Pablo Aguilar

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I used the 4.2.2 rom but did not like either slim line and carbon and tried to go back to 4.1.2, something I found out was that my sd card wasn't working properly and did not save my 4.1.2 firmware so I used a new one but forgot to save the firmware to clock mod so I had to recure to odin and when I used odin it bricked, it didn't work even though the odin said it was successful installed it didn't work tried full recovery I even tried to use the slim and carbon rom from external sd again and nothing, I then removed the sd card and went to master recovery and erased cache, clavick I believe it said and all I could erase then rebooted, with the sd card inserted I could not erase any memory, it just work for me, I was dead worried, I hope this work for some of you.

Celine Costa

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
i have had my GS3 for 8 days and my screen wont get past the samsung logo. after it does the samsung logo with the blue circle, it stays there for a long time and i cant get it to stop doing that. what should i do:(

Last edited:

Celine Costa

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
it turned on but it will stay frozen at the name samsung.
i pressed the volume down button, the home button and the power button at the same time to try and fix it, but is sends me a message saying

"Warning: a custom OS can cause critical problems in phone and installed applications. If you want to download a custom OS, press the volume up key. Otherwise, press the volume down key to cancel."

What is a custom OS ? btw im from canada

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i pressed the volume down button, the home button and the power button at the same time to try and fix it, but is sends me a message saying

"Warning: a custom OS can cause critical problems in phone and installed applications. If you want to download a custom OS, press the volume up key. Otherwise, press the volume down key to cancel."

Do the same thing but hit volume up instead of down. And then clear cache. If you have your data backed up you can do a factory reset

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

it is a custom operating system. There are developers who take samsungs software and rewrite it the way they like it. Or they take stock Android and load it to the device with some modifications... These custom OS's are called custom ROMs by tech community

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

delmont

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site

I am also from Canada. I had my S3 for five months. All of a sudden while I was taking a video picture, the phone shut off, tried to turn it on but kept on freezing on Samsung galaxy S3 logo. I tried the power, home and volume down buttons and got the same message. I took the phone to WIND authorized repair centre. They refused to fix it telling me that the phone is rooted which is B.S. I know for a fact that i never rooted the phone, not even updated the firmware, Just a stock with no upgrade. I am going to send it to Samsung and let them have a look.

I would love to hear from the people who had the same issue and if they resolved this problem with Samsung warranty. Any response would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair