Samsung Galaxy S3 will not turn on

breda Alice

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
My s3 Died last nite and wouldn't Turn on , So charged it over nite still wouldn't Turn turn on . Asked friend with same phone could i try their battery but phone still wouldn't Turn work. It's dead

RAvEcREAToR23

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
hello my s3 was rooted but it worked ok without problems i not used superuser nothing changed ...but today i left him on in my files where all folders seen not locked screen was on when after time he locked himself or just screen go black it dead . removed battery then put in not helped turn on . i tried charge nothing red light not on . tried press up home and power nothing ... maybe where i buy phone they will replace by other ? or can do something to revive s3 ? :(

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
If you can't boot into recovery (volume up, home, power), and the phone won't take a charge, I don't think there's much you can do other than return it for warranty service. If you know someone else with an S3 you might want to try a different battery, just in case that's the problem.

RAvEcREAToR23

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
yes phone dead not shows signs of life even up + home + power ... yes i try return s3 as it looks like completely new not scratched not broken ...and it is sad as my galaxy ace works ok longer time . someone said their samsung stops at logo and nothing . so this was with my galaxy ace and i know 100 % why phone stopped at logo =) somehow i did phone memory 100% and to free space i restarted after that it stopped at logo as memory was 100% full . then when i did factory reset i managed turn on my ace ...

yousof23

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey, my galaxy s3 wont turn on but when i press the volume down, home and power button at the same time a message appears that says " your os is in critical condition" then it shuts back down.... What should i do now?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Hey, my galaxy s3 wont turn on but when i press the volume down, home and power button at the same time a message appears that says " your os is in critical condition" then it shuts back down.... What should i do now?

That's a new one! Can you boot into recovery (volume UP, home and power)? Are you rooted?

Assuming you're not rooted, and can boot into recovery, you use the volume up / down buttons to select from the menu, then the power (Or is it home? -- if one doesn't work, try the other. :) ) button to select the chosen option. I'd suggest trying to clear cache first, and then reboot. If that doesn't work (and I suspect it won't), then you're faced with a factory reset.

RAvEcREAToR23

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
so i bringed phone where warranty fix maybe not only samsung but all phones they fix ... and they fixed my s3 and say it was not my foult it was some detail in phone broken ...

prasannagd

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi

My S3 is stuck on the initial screen that says Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-19300. If I press the on/off button nothing happens. If I press it for a long time it the screen goes off for about a second then the same screen appears. I tried taking a battery out put it back in switched on and the same screen appears. Hard reset won?t work (Volume up, power button and Home button). It turned on but it will stay frozen at the name Samsung.
I repeated same and I pressed the volume down button, the home button and the power button at the same time to try and fix it, but it gives me a message saying "Warning: a custom OS can cause critical problems in phone and installed applications. If you want to download a custom OS, press the volume up key. Otherwise, press the volume down key to cancel."
I pressed volume up key, It says: downloading?. do not turn off target!!
The screen is frozen even in this screen, Please help me to rectify this problem..,

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
That key combination (vol down, home, power) puts the phone in download mode. The intent is that you connect it to a PC running ODIN, and can use ODIN to download a new ROM or other system files to the phone.

What you probably want is recovery mode, which is volume up, home, power. As soon as you see the Samsung logo, release all three buttons. If you've timed it right, the phone should boot into recovery. If you release the buttons a little too early or too late, the phone will try to boot normally.

Once you get into recovery, use the volume keys to select an option, and the home key (I think....if that doesn't do anything try the power button) to execute the selected option. You probably need to select Factory reset.

ladybug

May 9, 2013
Visit site
My samsung galaxy s3 feel yesturday on the side walk, it cracked but I was still able to use it. Now today when I went to use my phone the screen is black, I tried turning it back on and it will just vibrate like the phone is still on, I turned up the volume to see if my phone is still on, and it is, but my screen is black, nothing shows up.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm really sorry to hear that, ladybug. The LCD is damaged, and there's probably nothing you can do at this point but repair or replace the phone. If it's not pin or pattern locked, you can probably connect it to a PC and copy off any files you need.

clangywangy

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Im currently having the same problem with my s3 too. Saw that there was an update so I updated the system. Im just not sure what version it is. After downloading the update earlier, i installed it and then my phone got stuck in the samsung logo. I tried to press the power button for a long time, tried removing the batteries, the volume down+menu+power thing and still my pone opens up to the samsung logo only. Is there anything else that can be done to spare this phone?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
What version of the S3 (e.g., what carrier, or unbranded international) do you have. What update did you try to install, and what instructions did you follow (post links). It's never a good thing to manually apply an update if you don't know for sure what it is. If you're lucky, the ROM didn't actually install, and a factory reset will fix it:

Turn the phone completely off (this won't work if you start with the phone on). Press and hold volume UP (not down)+home (not menu)+power. Hold all three until you see the Samsung logo, then let all three go immediately. If you get it timed right, the phone will boot into recovery. If you release the buttons a little too soon or too late, it will try to boot normally. Just turn the phone off and try again.

Once you're into recovery, use the volume buttons to select Factory Reset, and the home button (or maybe it's the power button, I don't remember--if home doesn't do anything, press power) to execute it.

If you can't get into recovery at all, or a factory reset won't help, you're going to have to try to boot into download mode, and try to load a complete, stock factory ROM. To help you we'll need to know what version of the phone you have.

Jerex Garcia

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I try to install a jelly bean in my samsung galaxy y but when i strt installing it after the reboot it freeze in samsung galaxy y logo. i try the volume up + home + power on but still it only shows the samsung galaxy y logo. do you know other way to recover my phone? please help thanks.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Jerex, did you turn the phone off before trying UP+Home+Power?

If you did, then you're probably releasing the three buttons a little too early or a little too late, or not pressing them all at the same time. Start with the phone off, press and hold all three buttons together (you can't press one first, then the others), and as soon as the word Samsung appears let go of all three buttons.