Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S3 will not turn on

Hi

My S3 is stuck on the initial screen that says Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-19300. It has been like that since I got up. If I press the on/off button nothing happens. If I press it for a long time it the screen goes of for about a second then the same screen appears. I tried taking the a battery out put it back in switched on and the same screen appears. When I connect the phone to my laptop my laptop does not recognise the phone.

Please help
    Ally

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 will not turn on

Quote Originally Posted by alimac1966 View Post
    Hi

My S3 is stuck on the initial screen that says Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-19300. It has been like that since I got up. If I press the on/off button nothing happens. If I press it for a long time it the screen goes of for about a second then the same screen appears. I tried taking the a battery out put it back in switched on and the same screen appears. When I connect the phone to my laptop my laptop does not recognise the phone.

Please help
    Ally

did you do any rom flashing? are you willing to factory reset?
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    did you do any rom flashing? are you willing to factory reset?
    I didnt do any rom flashing. I went to sleep and the phone was ok. When I got up it was gubbed Yes a factory reset would be ok.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the idea but I just tried a hard reset by pressing volume up + home + power. The logo came on then logo went off phone didnt vibrate. Tried letting go of button when logo was on screen phone just went off.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by alimac1966 View Post
    Thanks for the idea but I just tried a hard reset by pressing volume up + home + power. The logo came on then logo went off phone didnt vibrate. Tried letting go of button when logo was on screen phone just went off.
    Well you can either try to send it in for repair or we can try to reflash the software. I'm going to a meeting now but later tonight if you have time. ... it could be a charging problem. Maybe not enough juice to actually boot.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks for your offer of help but I think it needs to go back. I have followed a few videos on you tube about reflashing the software but the phone does not respond in the way the videos suggest. It is still under warranty so it can go back. Thanks again. Al

Did you try to plug in the charger while it is off for a couple of hours and then try and restart it? If the battery is really, really low, sometimes it won't boot up with it plugged up right away, has to recharge some.

Hi

I have the same problem. My S3 is stuck just on the logo. I was texting when it suddenly froze then it shut down then now it is just showing the s3 logo. Hard reset wont work (Volume up, power button and Home button)

Global Posts
    1,859 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

It's broke.

Have you tried safe mode?
    While it's booting up, continually press the menu button.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

You might want to read this. It's not looking too good. S3's are starting to die after 150 days.

http://phandroid.com/2012/12/21/sams...board-failure/

Beat me to it! They are dropping like flies!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cattails_r_Edible View Post
    Beat me to it! They are dropping like flies!
    Oh, please, let's not get all crazy about it. From the linked story:

Compared to the millions of Galaxy S3 handset sold, the number experiencing the issue is minuscule, likely not enough to cause Samsung to revamp their hardware build. But if you have experienced a similar issue, know you are not alone. So lets not everyone freak out. The world isnt ending and your Galaxy S3 will be just fine.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

I truly hope it's as close to 0% as it can be compared to the overall number sold.
    mssca likes this.

Hi, my husband has an S3 that will not turn on. He's tried using my battery and it still won't start. Is there anything else we can try???

Thankyou

another S3 down! US Spec phone, no mods and has been used within the 200 day window of the malfunction.

Hi

I feel for you bud.
    I plugged my S3 into the Charger before i went to sleep, when i woke up the phone was dead, called support and they got me to try pressing multiple buttons over a number of combinations but that was fruitless.
    Only way to go is to take it to a technician.
    Does anyone know a way to access my internal memory as i would like to erase it, lots of sensitive info on my cell that i wouldn't want a nosy technician getting into.

Cheers

Good ol sammy! LOL

Mosquitoes Refuse To Bite Me

I av got the same issue as you bab.....night mare...

Quote Originally Posted by Cattails_r_Edible View Post
    Good ol sammy! LOL
    Every product has failures. There isn't a single manufacturing process in existence that can provide 100% reliability. Considering that "good ol' sammy" has sold 40 million of these things, failures seem extremely rare.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.
    mssca likes this.

Can you boot into safe mode and try to figure it out?
    Keep tapping the menu key while it's booting.

--Tapatalk 2 on SGS3.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

The problem with the sudden death is only for the international S3's and the 4.1.2 update has the fix for it. Samsung knows what the problem is now and they WILL replace the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    The problem with the sudden death is only for the international S3's and the 4.1.2 update has the fix for it. Samsung knows what the problem is now and they WILL replace the phone.
    I updated my phone with 4.1.2 last week, and it died a sudden death a couple of hours ago, so I don't beleive that 4.1.2 has the fix

Quote Originally Posted by banjo67xxx View Post
    I updated my phone with 4.1.2 last week, and it died a sudden death a couple of hours ago, so I don't beleive that 4.1.2 has the fix
    Samsung says it was, they are replacing these phones. This article is a couple weeks old.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/01...n-death-issue/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

People need to read more carefully. The article says this:

The update comes just a short time after Samsung rolled out the Android 4.1.2 update to the Galaxy S3,
    This statement would seem to indicate the update to fix the Exynos exploit is not the same as the 4.1.2 update.

Samsung is reportedly rolling out a new firmware update for the Samsung Galaxy S3 that evidently corrects an Exynos CPU vulnerability and MAY solve the Galaxy S3 sudden death issue that owners of the flagship smartphone started seeing in late 2012......SamMobile confirms that the update patches up the Exynos processor exploit
    The exploit ... [is] not an issue on the American versions of the Galaxy S3 because they do not use Samsungs Exynos processors to run.
    Whats unclear is whether the update tackles the sudden death issue that Galaxy S3 owners saw arise six months after the device arrived.
    The only thing this article says is limited to the international version is the Exynos exploit. Nowhere does it say the sudden death problem is limited to the international version. And as it says directly above, it's "unclear" whether the update solves the sudden death issue.
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast