Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Default Re: Am I the only one who's not in love with Google now?

I'm starting to get a little ticked at Now. It's told me 5 times now that the Rams lost. Each time I swipe it away cuz it hurts to see it, only to have it sneak back in a little later. Grrrrrrr...
    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Thanked by:
    badbrad17 and ibbyj like this.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Quote Originally Posted by trucky View Post
    I'm starting to get a little ticked at Now. It's told me 5 times now that the Rams lost. Each time I swipe it away cuz it hurts to see it, only to have it sneak back in a little later. Grrrrrrr...
    This happened to me too I only need to know once that the sixers lost. I ended up turning it off

Sent from Big Red
    badbrad17 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Lol that's not Google now fault yall teams suck lol (GO BULLS/BEARS)

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    Lol that's not Google now fault yall teams suck lol (GO BULLS/BEARS)

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2
    Even when we win tho lol

Sent from Big Red

It's definitely leaps and bounds better than S-Voice, however I don't use it everyday. I'd rather have it than not, but it's not a feature I NEED to have.

Galaxy S3 - Thanks Appreciated!
    My Podcast-
    My Blog-

Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    I played with google now for a little bit when I first got my Nexus 7. I decided that google now is a great app for people that want their gadget to tell them how their life is going. For everyone else it doesn't seem that useful.

That said, I'd like to think that google is aware that it is only really useful for someone that *wants* to interact with a gadget at this point and will continue to try and refine it so that, down the road, it actually becomes useful for someone that *wants* to live their life.

-Suntan
    Seeing the score automatically of my Jazz games doesn't mean i am not living (sometimes i have stuff to do and can't watch the game). Also it offers weather (which I'm sure you wonder about occasionally) and travel times. My wife is a late person, so travel cards can help people plan better.

Just cause YOU don't use it, that doesn't mean you need to insult people who find it helpful.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

I'm pretty happy with Google now. The only thing they don't recognize is some Mexican names in my contacts. Overall, I like it though.
    How do we know we are not brains in a V.A T.S ?

I just started messing with it. Are the cards supposed to pop up somewhere and alert you for things, or is it all brought to your attention only when you go into the via the home button?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Quote Originally Posted by Yeagerbomb3 View Post
    I just started messing with it. Are the cards supposed to pop up somewhere and alert you for things, or is it all brought to your attention only when you go into the via the home button?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Mine pop up in my notification shade

Sent from Big Red

Hmm..is there something I need to check to have that happen?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

just got jellybean yestersday so this is still new to me, but so far i'm intrigued by the possibilities even if I'm not expecting them to be immediately awesome. Curious about this 'nearby photo ops' bit.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Quote Originally Posted by Yeagerbomb3 View Post
    Hmm..is there something I need to check to have that happen?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    I'm not exactly sure, I'd say mess around in the settings I'm pretty sure once I activated Google now it did it automatically

Sent from Big Red
    Thanked by:

I haven't really seen anyone RAVING about it, mostly just people who think it's kind of cool but could be better in the future. I think people are more skeptical because of how useless Siri turned out to be. I bet if Google Now came first, it would have gotten more of that crazy hype.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    I haven't really seen anyone RAVING about it, mostly just people who think it's kind of cool but could be better in the future. I think people are more skeptical because of how useless Siri turned out to be. I bet if Google Now came first, it would have gotten more of that crazy hype.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Maybe not in the forums but on twitter and at my job all I hear is how it's a siri killer. I didn't think siri was amazing or anything but it served MY needs better. I want to like Google now as much so I'm just trying to figure out what I'm missing lol

Sent from Big Red

Quote Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle View Post
    Maybe not in the forums but on twitter and at my job all I hear is how it's a siri killer. I didn't think siri was amazing or anything but it served MY needs better. I want to like Google now as much so I'm just trying to figure out what I'm missing lol

Sent from Big Red
    It's certainly not a Siri killer because it's a totally different thing from what I can tell. Siri seems more like the friend that iOS users never had. They need/want a computerized friend that just jokes around and plays with you instead of giving help. Everyone that i've seen use Siri, it never works when they need actual help. But when they just want to try to make it say something funny, it works flawlessly.

I like how Google Now automatically gives you the info that you will probably need, and then you can always use the voice search like siri to get anything additional. But it's not going to flirt with you or waste time trying to crack jokes about something you said.
    funkylogik likes this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

I say
    A) give it a chance, its learning and theres an update like every week. And
    B) dont compare it to siri, its not just a voice recognition toy (i dont even use voice with it)

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
    smooth4lyfe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    I say
    A) give it a chance, its learning and theres an update like every week. And
    B) dont compare it to siri, its not just a voice recognition toy (i dont even use voice with it)

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    Yeah it learns and gets better with time... Today my first day seeing bus schedules and I have had this for almost a month

Also u love the other things it does its so useful! I check it daily

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Am I the only one who's not in love with Google now?-uploadfromtaptalk1355951349216.jpg   Am I the only one who's not in love with Google now?-uploadfromtaptalk1355951358857.jpg   Am I the only one who's not in love with Google now?-uploadfromtaptalk1355951372823.jpg  
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -
    funkylogik likes this.

I tell it to barrel roll all the time! LOL

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    funkylogik likes this.

I really like Google Now. I use it for the weather, driving directions, sports, etc. I also have it on my Nexus 7 Tablet. I think it's cool.
    Last edited by irishrose0304; 12-19-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Don't feel bad - I'm a die hard Raider fan.

Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I like the Google Now, but there is a lot of possibilities for this app. I am sure Google and others will come up with ideas to improve it.
    http://sanuja.com | SGH-I747M
    funkylogik likes this.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

see i used it mostly for text dictation while driving and it worked for me as well as pulling up sports scores. Google now has scores down and weather (which I don't need because I have a widget) but telling it to text someone for me always fails because it doesn't recognize a lot of names.

and for the record I don't HATE google now I'm just trying to LOVE it lol
    funkylogik likes this.

ROM
    Stock

I haven't used it once at all lol. I use my stock HTC clock as a weather notification and don't really look at Google now too much. :P

From my ONE X+ :-D

I never thought Google would be such a necessary part of my phone. Probably too much so. I don't use Google now.

---
    Never had an iphone, and don't want one. Tapatalk on Samsung GS3.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

It only works for weather in my case. I have a thick accent for all those voice services are useless for me.
    funkylogik likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast