Am I the only one who's not in love with Google now?

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I see everyone raving about it and don't understand then hype. The weather cards are nice as are the cards for sixers games but the commute ones don't update for me after the first time unless I go in and refresh the card, kind of pointless if I'm driving it'd be nice if they refreshed when I opened Google now.

Also coming from siri which recognized my husband's name its annoying when I say "text Teron" and it thinks I'm saying "text to ron" then tells me I have no contacts named Ron...

Not a big deal as I can live without all of this but I was just curious if I'm missing what is making everyone love this feature so much.

Last edited:

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I think Google Now is just... not so much yet. It seems more in the way than helpful. I can see the potential over time so I'll hang in there for now.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I looked at Google Now when it first dropped, but haven't used it since. Haven't seen the need to.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR i

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Haven't used it just from reading about user end comments and reviews. I just don't see a need for it, for now, personally.

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
It's not so much a needed app, more a handy app... I can see where frequent travelers and those who ship and receive now and then could benefit from the cards. Personally, I travel the same route to and from work each day, and there is rarely any traffic, so that portion is worth about as much as another leaf in my yard right now.

Google Now

"Google Now gets you just the right information at just the right time.

It tells you today's weather before you start your day, how much traffic to expect before you leave for work, when the next train will arrive as you're standing on the platform, or your favorite team's score while they're playing. And the best part? All of this happens automatically. Cards appear throughout the day at the moment you need them."

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
You are probably not alone. I have my families korean name set as their contacts so I initially had trouble. Google comes up with their name or similar ones. Once I select it though it remembers so I don't have a problem with google now messing up the names

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I LOVE IT!!!!!! Its almost like a personal assistant!

- Everytime Im at work, it tells me how many minutes it will take me to get home with traffic
- I was at Costco, so I opened up Google now cuz i was bored and it KNEW I was at Costco and it asked if I wanted to scan products, so I did and it was amazing!
- This morning I had an interview, so Google now told me "Make sure I leave by 9:06 to make it in time"...I was like whhhhat!
- I use it to voice text and its pretty accurate!
- I used it to set an alarm and it was wonderful!
- The nearby events could be useful as well!

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't get the hype either. It's been completely off on a lot of things and the only thing it seems to do is give me occasionally incredibly inaccurate weather cards. Apparently yesterday it was -26 in the town where I work. It had the right town but was 25 degrees off. I took a screen shot out of disbelief, it had an apple maps moment!! :)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I only use it for searches, and I think it's slightly overated and don't find it helping me much anymore

Sent from my lightning fast Samsung Galaxy S3 running Paranoid Android 4.1.2 like a #Bawse

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
The thing that gets me mad the most about it is when it doesn't know my exact location and gives me bus times for busses that aren't in the vicinity

Sent from my lightning fast Samsung Galaxy S3 running Paranoid Android 4.1.2 like a #Bawse

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
The thing that gets me mad the most about it is when it doesn't know my exact location and gives me bus times for busses that aren't in the vicinity

I live in Philadelphia and am ALWAYS near public transportation and a schedule card has yet to pop up for me :-(

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm really enjoying it right now. I love how the cards vary based on time and location. Very cool. I only wish it could act as a widget.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm really enjoying it right now. I love how the cards vary based on time and location. Very cool. I only wish it could act as a widget.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Widget cards would be sick. Never even thought about that. I love Google now though. Helpful in my opinion and go against any siri and you will win. It's fast. Helpful. And convenient I like it.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
At this point it's kind of a novelty. Cute, but not all that valuable for me. But compare JB to Cupcake, or Navigation today compare to what it was a few years ago. I can see GNow becoming a powerful tool over time.

ybcthanerd

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I live in Philadelphia and am ALWAYS near public transportation and a schedule card has yet to pop up for me :-(
Yea u may wanna check ur settings and readjust as needed but only email u set it all up its great

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Main problem for me is the battery. Thinking about just turning it off completely. All those "cards" use battery like a HOG!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Main problem for me is the battery. Thinking about just turning it off completely. All those "cards" use battery like a HOG!

Unlike widgets, I don't think the cards are active until you open Google search. So they shouldn't pull any extra power unless you have them visible all of the time.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance