Protective Case That is Easy to Get On and Off

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I am looking for suggestions for a protective case for my 14-year-old that is also relatively easy to get on and off. The one he currently has is very protective but makes it very difficult to change batteries. I apologize for not doing a search but there are so many cases threads I didn't have time to sort through them all. Thanks in advance for your help.

papafrankm

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Got a two piece incipio at the Verizon store
Rugged slim and easy to remove

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Android Central Forums

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I got an Incipio Silacrylic case. It has a silicone/rubber layer and then a hard shell that both slip right on the phone. The first few times you put it on, it's a little tricky getting both to fit together, but once you get the hang of it, it takes about 5 seconds to remove the case and maybe 20 seconds to get it back on.

aolbites

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I just got the Urban Armor Gear from Amazon, super easy to get on and off and makes it feel like the phone is protected without making it feel ridiculously bulky or heavy.

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
no one got pics to share? i Bought the barely there case black and aluminum but it makes the phone look huge I dont like it and its a pain to get on. I am returning it today I think I am going to stick with the flip cases samsung is creating the only problem I have with those is that they do not have a black one for the gs3 just for the note 2

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Defender. Wax on. Wax off. Easy peazey, lemon squeezy. Simple as pie. A walk in the park.

The rubber for mine got all pulled and what not at the bottom and top, it no longer fits my device properly, from all the wear and tear from my pocket

Sent from my SPH - L710 running Pac Man Rom, like a #Bawse

WAWood8

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
You need to tell folks what you mean by "protective". I have the incipio case, which is two layers, and provides a good deal of protection from damage if dropped on the side, corners, or back. But it does not protect the face. I also like it because it's real easy to remove the case -- which is needed when I stick the phone into my armband for running.

There are other cases out there, OtterBox comes to mind, that provide front and back protection. If that's what you need, you should check out those cases. The Verizon US stores carry these, and online.

FrankInSF

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I have the "acase superleggera pro dual layer protection case" which sounds similar to the Incipio Silacrylic. The left and right buttons are covered and work well. Top and bottom ports are uncovered. Comes in six colors. Sleek and protective, but it makes the S3 a bit thicker than I'd like. It's thinner than the Otterbox Commuter. I haven't seen an Incipio to compare it.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy-S3-Ballistic-Lifestyle-Smooth-Case.jpg

Ballistic Smooth case. Simple, easy to put on and take off, extra thickness at corners with replaceable corner bumpers. The thickness allows protection if laid face-down or on back so that sound won't be muffled. It isn't screen protector friendly, due to a snug fit. And it fits like a skin, no wiggling.

The ports have easy access, are nicely cut, and there are raised ribs for the sound rocker and power button. It is perfect for pocket carry, and doesn't add a lot of bulk. Nor does it attract lint like a sweaty belly-button, like some silicone skins. Instead, it is a stiffer plastic, with I light grain that makes it easy to hold instead of slick.

I purchased mine at Sam's Club, as I was in a hurry to get something on it for protection. $19.99, but about $5 cheaper online.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol