Problems in Battery Charging

Akash6837

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Guys, I have bought a GS3 since a month, I was charging it yesterday and it showed to be charging and yet the battery was dropping. The first GS3 i got showed this problem within a day of purchase and i got it replaced and got this one. Now this one is showing the same problem. What to do?? :(
Somebody please help me on this.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Do you have another cord you can charge with? I had a game drain my battery while it was plugged up charging. Also, I have found that the charger that came with my phone is not working as well as the one that came with my Captivate.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Exactly, did you use the new charger mate?
If u put the charger jack on your tongue and push hard, you should feel..... something... current.
Or try chargin from pc ;)

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
WAIT.....
scrap above.... the 1st phone and charger was indicating that it was charging? Did it make the noise when u plugged the charger in?
Did u get a new battery with your replacement?
Inside the green battery icon next to time, there should be a lil white bolt to show its charging and with phone off and charger in, therel be an icon tellin u if its charging....

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I experienced a drain faster than the charge, when using my charger that came with my phone, twice. It also seems to take a very long time with my phone doing nothing to charge with the cord that came with the phone, at least 8 hours. Now the plug is fine, I've kept using the plug and just connected my cord from my Captivate to the plug for my S3 and it charges much faster.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
If u put the charger jack on your tongue and push hard, you should feel..... something... current.

Do NOT do this.
And I could care less what you are doing to your tongue.
Any moisture inside the USB plug when power is applied, will cause electrolysis, that will damage the plating on the connections inside the cable. The connector can become very unreliable after this.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Well now. :confused: This could explain a lot of things . . . Lmao! :D ;)

Our stock charging cables have always worked fine, but we wanted to be able to use USB cables in our vehicles, so we looked on Amazon and found
this 'charging only' cable, ordered a few of them, and they have been working fantastic, both indoors (from computers & AC outlets), as well as in vehicles. Well worth the few bucks (or ?'s ;) ), imo.

So if you want a super-duper 'charging only' (no data) cable, this is the one! :cool:

[ UPDATE ]: When I ordered a few of these 'charging only' (no data) cables last week, they were selling for only $4.36 /ea. However, now I see that they've jacked the price up to $9.99 :rolleyes: I wonder what's up with that? Do Amazon Seller's?routinely jack-up the selling prices for their items? as sales of the item(s) increase?

Last edited:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Do NOT do this.
And I could care less what you are doing to your tongue.
Any moisture inside the USB plug when power is applied, will cause electrolysis, that will damage the plating on the connections inside the cable. The connector can become very unreliable after this.

COULDNT care less...... COULDNT :p

Akash6837

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
WAIT.....
scrap above.... the 1st phone and charger was indicating that it was charging? Did it make the noise when u plugged the charger in?
Did u get a new battery with your replacement?
Inside the green battery icon next to time, there should be a lil white bolt to show its charging and with phone off and charger in, therel be an icon tellin u if its charging....

Yes, the first phone was indicating that it was chargin and there was both the sound and the bolt symbol while plugged and yet the there was a battery drain. It happened the 2nd day i got the phone so i got the whole phone replaced. Now this phone is showing the same problem.

Akash6837

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I am using the stock charger and cable that had come with the phone.
I don't have an extra charger or cord, so couldn't be sure that is the phone problem or charger/cord problem.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the first phone was indicating that it was chargin and there was both the sound and the bolt symbol while plugged and yet the there was a battery drain. It happened the 2nd day i got the phone so i got the whole phone replaced. Now this phone is showing the same problem.

Buy an inexpensive 2nd cord and check, also, it's a pretty standard connection, should be several people that have this same type cord. Most of my friends have this cord for their phone or their pad and none of them have Samsungs. First try an entire cord with the plug and if it is working better then just switch one out, the plug, if it is still working, then switch the cords and see. My plug seems to work, it's just my cord that is my issue and if I use that cord it will take hours and hours for my battery to charge if I'm doing nothing with my phone.

Also if you will call the company, they will likely send you out a new cord under warranty and you won't have to test it.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
[ UPDATE ]:

When I ordered a few of these 'charging only' (no data) cables last week, they were selling for only $4.36 /ea. However, now I see that they've jacked the price up to $9.99 :rolleyes: I wonder what's up with that? Do Amazon Seller's?routinely jack-up the selling prices for their items? as sales of the item(s) increase?

Last edited: