My s3 wont charge

f_99

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
i accidently spilled a drink on my phone 2 days ago, and it wont charge ever since. when i plug my charger in its shows the thunderbolt but no charge. I took it to a small repair shop they sort of fixed it but i after i took it home it charged for a while and then it doesnt anymore. I thought it might be a problem with the software or something so did a hard reset but it still wont work. I also can't plug the usb to my computer

I live in a small place so we dont really have any good repair shops! i need some suggestions
HELP ME PLEASE!

i have samsung galaxy s3 and it's been less than 2 months since i got it

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Liquid doesn't mix with phones. I've seen some work again after weeks of drying out. I've heard of taking the back off and battery out and putting the phone in a zip lock bag with a lot of uncooked rice, not minute rice, in the bag.

Don't know if it will work but uncooked rice will absorb moisture.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

f_99

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
i tried that. i've also tried drying it with a hair dryer. still hoping it works. if not have to send it out of the country which is gonna cost me a lot

thanks for your help though :)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
i tried that. i've also tried drying it with a hair dryer. still hoping it works. if not have to send it out of the country which is gonna cost me a lot

thanks for your help though :)

Could take several days in the rice..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

bakeri666

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
You are probably out of luck now because you have been using the phone.

The gap between the tracks is very small so spillage can cause a lot of damage... with your problem what has probably happened is the minerals in the drink have built up against the legs of the micro usb port, bridging the gap and shorting out the power line.

You could try cleaning them up but if the water damage has affected the SoC you are totally screwed

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae