Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Default Need to Make a Decision

I use a Blackberry and a jailbroken iphone, using the bb as my phone, email and text tool. I feel each one has functionality that the other doesn't. For example BB has profiles that I can set for individual contacts that supersedes any ring/vibrate profile that I have set. Iphone is great for surfing. I want to get rid of both and carry one phone. In addition to an ipad I do have a Nexus 7 so I am familiar with the Android os. In researching the two phones that I am interested in, the Galaxy S3 and the Droid Maxx HD I come to one conclusion. Both have issues be it software or hardware. They lock up, become unresponsive, and require a battery (S3) pull or reboot(Maxx HD). The one thing about both phones that I run is that they do not need to be rebooted or require a battery pull. Is this a true assessment on my part or am I wrong?

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Default Re: Need to Make a Decision

Wrong in my case mate (did a battery pull once when i got a virus) im usin the GT-i9300 so dont know if theres stability difference between the global and US s3s.
    Id get the s3 or Note2 if you can splash out a bit more cash :thumbup:
    How about the N4?

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK

I transitioned from a BB 9810 last June to the GS3 and never regretted it. The GS3 is quite stable and gives more functionality and performance than the i4. My son transitioned from the i4 to the GS3. I have only pulled the battery after updating to the Jelly Bean OS. That was the only time.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Note that those cases are VERY limited occurrences...u will only find those problems on the internet if u specifically search for them, but the GS3 is very fast and does not lock up, especially since the Jelly Bean update...U can even try it out yourself...it is GREAT, especially for expandable memory and removable battery...I have upgraded my battery to 4500mah and it never dies!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Thank you all for the helpful reply's. Much appreciated.

Global Posts
    988 Global Posts

I used BB for 7 years and switched to SG3 a month ago because my bold 9930 had a hardware issue. So because i needed a device fast and wanted to give android a shot i got an SG3.

I own a business and was concerned about all the things you mentioned...but i gotta tell you this device is fantastic in every way! I do not miss BB at all.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Thanks Fuzzy.