Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By trucky
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    6,907 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Default Has anyone tried using their phone for RC Helicopter controls?

Specifically I am interested in the WiSpi Helicopter as shown in this article: Radio-controlled 'spy' helicopter offers hi-tech surveillance for just 65 | Mail Online but was also wondering if anyone has a Parrot drone and just general feedback. I have already downloaded the app from the store.....I told Santa I have been EXTREMELY good ALL year...not just in December

I have a smaller helicopter that I chase my dogs around the house with.......it's time to raise the bar a little

Well, I just packed it up in the box and it's heading back to the store. I brought it to our new shop which is completely empty. 4000 sq ft, and 50 foot ceilings. I could not fly this thing with any stability, it wouldn't lift off of the ground higher than about 3 feet, and out of nowhere would instantly climb and the gyro kicked off or something and the chopper started spinning around the rotors. Too bad, oh well....worth a shot. Probably exchange it for a new portable battery charger or maybe a dock and extra battery and HDMI adapter.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    6,907 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Default Re: Has anyone tried using their phone for RC Helicopter controls?

Updated. WiSpi Chopper is a lemon.

- - - Updated - - -

Updated. WiSpi Chopper is a lemon.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Clair bought me a lil toy chopper for xmas (cat loves it lol) duno if its BT or infrared but its not r/c.
    When im a dad i want a nitro r/c car or copter tho

MERRY XMAS!!!X
    Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    6,907 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Traded it in yesterday and picked up an ETON BoostBloc6600. Has 2 USB inputs, one 2 amp and one 1 amp. Can charge my tablet once or my phone 3 times. Also capable of charging 2 phones at the same time. I'm sure I'll get good use out of it. It isn't that big or heavy either. 1.5"x1.5"x3" and 6.3 ounces.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Umm topic change bro? :beer:

MERRY XMAS!!!X
    Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    6,907 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

lol not really...I was still on topic.....it just kind of meandered a little :cheers:
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Traded it in yesterday and picked up an ETON BoostBloc6600. Has 2 USB inputs, one 2 amp and one 1 amp. Can charge my tablet once or my phone 3 times. Also capable of charging 2 phones at the same time. I'm sure I'll get good use out of it. It isn't that big or heavy either. 1.5"x1.5"x3" and 6.3 ounces.
    But, can it fly?
    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

makaroni likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    6,907 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Quote Originally Posted by trucky View Post
    But, can it fly?
    I thought I already said it didn't? See bold below.
    Specifically I am interested in the WiSpi Helicopter as shown in this article: Radio-controlled 'spy' helicopter offers hi-tech surveillance for just 65 | Mail Online but was also wondering if anyone has a Parrot drone and just general feedback. I have already downloaded the app from the store.....I told Santa I have been EXTREMELY good ALL year...not just in December

I have a smaller helicopter that I chase my dogs around the house with.......it's time to raise the bar a little

Well, I just packed it up in the box and it's heading back to the store. I brought it to our new shop which is completely empty. 4000 sq ft, and 50 foot ceilings. I could not fly this thing with any stability, it wouldn't lift off of the ground higher than about 3 feet, and out of nowhere would instantly climb and the gyro kicked off or something and the chopper started spinning around the rotors. Too bad, oh well....worth a shot. Probably exchange it for a new portable battery charger or maybe a dock and extra battery and HDMI adapter.
    Now I could have done a straight exchange for the same product, but the thing is, they aren't charged out of the box, so you really can't test them out at the store. The first store that I returned it to told me that if it was opened, they would only exchange it straight across...as per the store policy. I had it packaged up perfectly, so I just took my receipt and chopper to another store, and they didn't even care if it was opened or not. I didn't feel like going through this whole process all over again, so I just picked something up of equal value, that I knew I could put to good use. Playing Ingress eats up a lot of battery, full screen brightness, GPS, screen on constantly, and BT headset. I also have a tablet, and that charger can fully charge that if it's empty. I like to go camping in the summer, and where I go, there isn't any power, or any signal for that matter. I'll get tons of use out of that thing

Oh the charger....sure it can fly....buy me a plane ticket and I'll take it with me!
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel

But, can it fly?
    I thought I already said it didn't? See bold below.
    I was talking about your new ETON BoostBloc6600... With a name like that it sounds like it might be able to fly.
    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

my chopper (giggidy)
    Has anyone tried using their phone for RC Helicopter controls?-uploadfromtaptalk1357888322099.jpg
    cat and fiance hate it!
    she bought it (fiance, not cat, cat cant even hold a bank card... luckily)

its like a flying strimmer

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK

You need to afix some weapons to that thing.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

You need to afix some weapons to that thing.
    *brain working overtime*
    my mate is gona get one n battle to the death

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK

Now, just think of the things you could do if that thing had a wifi webcam. You might need to add some stealth capabilities while you're at it.

is there any website i can look at after reading some post it blows my 4s out of the water

- - - Updated - - -

is there any website i can look at after reading some post it blows my 4s out of the water

You can try this and install camera by yourself! Its android "powered"