How to Remove Fonts on the S3

paparock6969

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey there, hope I can get some help on this. I found a zip file with over 280 Fonts and installed about 50 of them on to my phone. Chronologically, all the A's and B's. Just glad I didn't finish the C-Z's. The problem is, when I go into settings to change to a new Font, it takes forever to load up the Font list, asuming it has to read all of them first and takes forever to do it. I added them to my SD Card and just started unpacking like a wild fool. HUGE mistake. I cant seem to find on the File Explorer where they loaded to internally. Would much appreciate if someone can guide me through to find them, so I can remove them....:-[

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey there, hope I can get some help on this. I found a zip file with over 280 Fonts and installed about 50 of them on to my phone. Chronologically, all the A's and B's. Just glad I didn't finish the C-Z's. The problem is, when I go into settings to change to a new Font, it takes forever to load up the Font list, asuming it has to read all of them first and takes forever to do it. I added them to my SD Card and just started unpacking like a wild fool. HUGE mistake. I cant seem to find on the File Explorer where they loaded to internally. Would much appreciate if someone can guide me through to find them, so I can remove them....:-[

Go to Play Store and download Astro File Manager (there's a free version). Then open Astro and go to Searches>My Files>Folders>Download>then scroll to the font you want to delete and long press on it> then hit the garbage can icon and you will delete it. After deleting all of the fonts that you want, you'll need to re-boot your phone and the fonts should all be gone from your font list.

paparock6969

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the info. I thought for sure I already had Astro installed, but didn't. While searching for it, I saw TaskMngr and had remembered I unistalled a few apps from there, checked and was able to uninstall Fonts using that. Just go to Task Mngr..open downloads from top menu..scroll list and uninstall whatever need be with no need to reboot..(Default Fonts were not there, maybe Astro would be better for that). All apps are there as well.

Sidenote for all...don't fill up Font list..!! Choose wisely.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

melmc1403

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey!
If you go to Settings - More - Application Manager - Downloaded and look through for the fonts you have installed. Then just click on them and uninstall.

Thanks
Mel

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Clear the cache and data before uninstalling ANY app.
Gets rid of little bits and pieces left behind.