Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 45 of 45
Like Tree5Likes
  1. #26  

    Default Re: GS3 or Note 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    That's not quite what the article said...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennings Richmond View Post
    Soundsgood is likely biased toward the iPhone, so that's how he took it.
    Really? How am I being biased? If anything, I was hoping the Samsung's camera would be better.

    For the record, here's the conclusion from the article:

    Conclusion

    In our head-to-head comparison of the two phones we originally said the Samsung Galaxy S3 camera edged out the iPhone 5. However, after this more comprehensive test, the iPhone 5 wins. The Galaxy S3 camera app offers more options and granular control of the camera. It also did a better job in the Outdoor Detail test and tied the iPhone 5 in depth of field. The iPhone 5 narrowly took the Outdoor, Indoor, Medium Light, Macro, Low Light and Quick Fix rounds.

    Of course, a buyer shouldnt pick one phone over the other just because of the camera. But if somone needs a tie-breaker, then get the Apple iPhone 5 for the slightly better camera. People who want a lot of control might think they should get the Galaxy S3 due to the more powerful camera app. However, iPhone users can download great camera apps that give the user just as much control as they get with the GS3.

  2. #27  

    Default Re: GS3 or Note 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennings Richmond View Post
    Saying that the size is the only real difference is ignoring the stylus and its incoporation into the device's use.

    Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2
    Well yeah besides the obvious
  3. #28  
    mileaway's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

    Default Re: GS3 or Note 2

    Note II hands down.
    Galaxy Note II
  4. #29  
    Davyo's Avatar

    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

    Default Re: GS3 or Note 2

    Quote Originally Posted by SoundsGood View Post
    Really? How am I being biased? If anything, I was hoping the Samsung's camera would be better.

    For the record, here's the conclusion from the article:

    Conclusion

    In our head-to-head comparison of the two phones we originally said the Samsung Galaxy S3 camera edged out the iPhone 5. However, after this more comprehensive test, the iPhone 5 wins. The Galaxy S3 camera app offers more options and granular control of the camera. It also did a better job in the Outdoor Detail test and tied the iPhone 5 in depth of field. The iPhone 5 narrowly took the Outdoor, Indoor, Medium Light, Macro, Low Light and Quick Fix rounds.

    Of course, a buyer shouldnt pick one phone over the other just because of the camera. But if somone needs a tie-breaker, then get the Apple iPhone 5 for the slightly better camera. People who want a lot of control might think they should get the Galaxy S3 due to the more powerful camera app. However, iPhone users can download great camera apps that give the user just as much control as they get with the GS3.

    I owned the iphone 5 (and all the others before it) the GS3 and am now rockin the Note 2,,,,,,,, my opinion on the camera,,, the iphone 5 does edge out the GS3 and the Note 2,,,, but not by a huge amount.

    The N2 and the GS3 do take great pictures and video,,, but when I was doing a side by side comparison the iphone 5 did have the best results.

    Sorry iphone haters,,,, I use and like both iOS and Android.

    But with that being said the Note 2 is still the best phone on the planet, followed by the GS3 and then the iphone 5.

    Sent from my ipad while my Nexus 10 tablet is charging.

    Cheers
    Davyo
  5. #30  
    lyingfromyou's Avatar

    Posts
    194 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth 4.2.2/Lean

    Default Re: GS3 or Note 2

    Quote Originally Posted by hossman12 View Post
    If you're worried about the size of the note.. especially if youve used one and already know what you're getting into, just get the GS3. Deals are awesome right now, theyre friggin everywhere lol. Awesome phone minus the bigger battery and screen of the Note. Almost a 5" screen... def more than enough for me :thumbup:

    Sent from my MetroPCS GS3
    That's the truth! kinda scary too... I hope it doesn't become the next Evo 4g! I love my GS3, but last time I bought Sprint's flagship phone it rapidly became the worst device I Have ever owned and jumped to the Nexus S 4G 3 months later!
  6. #31  

    Default Re: GS3 or Note 2

    Hi,
    I have the GS3 since a few weeks. And though I really love this phone, if I could decide NOW which one to chose, I would go for the Note 2. Just for playing around with this great big screen and everything about the S-Pen :-).
  7. #32  

    Default Re: GS3 or Note 2

    I just got the GSIII before Christmas. I upgraded from the Droid Bionic. I would have liked the Note 2, but I refuse to pay $300 for another phone. So, with the $51 I got for the Bionic and the $50 Google Play credit I got, I actually made $1 by getting the GSIII

    I guess I can deal with this for the next 2 years.

    And while I liked the DNA, the lack of an SD slot was a deal killer for me.
  8. #33  
    J Teezy's Avatar

    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

    Default Re: GS3 or Note 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    That is a carrier issue, not a phone issue. I thought Verizon has the update out now.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Verizon does have jelly bean update so you would get JB as soon as you turned the phone it would prompt you to update

    Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
  9. #34  

    Default Re: GS3 or Note 2

    Too much to try to quote from my handset, so:

    @Soundsgood: A marginal victory in one test is not a clear victory in things like this. Having taken quite a few photos with my Note 2, the comparison shots in the article look as if they didn't use the built-in camera app to its fullest potential. The iPhone in this, as all things really, is set up to automatically give you what most Apple customers think is best. Android settings aren't like that. You have to manipulate it to get the best out of it, and that's rather how it was intended to be. Out-of-the-box pointing and shooting the iPhone photos do indeed look a little better, but by using the options afforded to me in the stock camera app I can at least match if not surpass them.

    @Davyo We aren't iPhone haters. If we were we wouldn't give it a shred if credit at all. IMO, Apple's phones are geared toward one type of person while Android devices are geared toward another. One is for people who just want to snatch up a device and go, the other is for people who like to do things for themselves and customize.

    @KWP1911 While price point may have been a deciding factor for you, it has no play in a hardware comparison.

    Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2
  10. #35  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,679 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: GS3 or Note 2

    Id say get an s3 and a cheap tablet.
    The N2 isnt big in the hand but in the pocket..... not to mention with a case......!
    As someone said, droid DNA mmm seems just the right size.
    Only get N4 if you have great unlmited data or dont like music
    Id love the note 2 but the s3 4.1.2 update is pretty amazing especialy if u overclock it.
    Im gona say s3!
    Or..... the GT-i9305
    Quad core, 4g, and 2gb ram

    MERRY XMAS!!!X
    Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
  11. #36  

    Default Re: GS3 or Note 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennings Richmond View Post
    @Soundsgood: A marginal victory in one test is not a clear victory in things like this. Having taken quite a few photos with my Note 2, the comparison shots in the article look as if they didn't use the built-in camera app to its fullest potential. The iPhone in this, as all things really, is set up to automatically give you what most Apple customers think is best. Android settings aren't like that. You have to manipulate it to get the best out of it, and that's rather how it was intended to be. Out-of-the-box pointing and shooting the iPhone photos do indeed look a little better, but by using the options afforded to me in the stock camera app I can at least match if not surpass them.
    I totally get what you're saying (and sincerely appreciate the help). In my case I don't want to fiddle with any settings before taking a shot with my phone camera. I want to be able to just pull the phone out of my pocket, point, and shoot. So I want a phone that takes reasonably decent shots "out of the box" that are at least as good as the iPhone.

    By the way, I own a Canon 40D DSLR with lots of lenses and a Canon HF100 video camera... so if I want a REALLY good picture or video I've got the tools for that (and of course I change the ISO and aperture per shoot). But for my quick shots that simply capture life, I don't wanna touch any controls.

    Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    Id say get an s3 and a cheap tablet. The N2 isnt big in the hand but in the pocket..... not to mention with a case......!
    Funny, I just now (5 minutes ago) came from looking at a Note 2 and cases for it. While I love the size when holding it and using it, I'm not sure I'd want something that large for my pocket -- especially with the case. Even my 9 year old son was like, "uhh, no dad, that's too big!"
    funkylogik likes this.
  12. #37  
    winmod21's Avatar

    Posts
    472 Posts
    ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

    Default Re: GS3 or Note 2

    I was in a Radio Shack store the other day, and noticed that the GS3's were now selling (regular price) for $99. But the original Galaxy Note is still up at $149. Probably due to the growing popularity and sales of the Note & Note 2. My wife sure loves hers. :rolleyes: She uses it like a small tablet, which it is with a phone built-in. She even sets it on the kitchen island when she's cooking so she can read & scroll through recipes or have video chats with friends & family, etc., which of course is really nice with the big display.
  13. #38  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,679 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: GS3 or Note 2

    Lol its weird reading americans talk about phone prices we tend to talk about the price of the actual unit

    MERRY XMAS!!!X
    Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

    Default Re: GS3 or Note 2

    Unit?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  15. #40  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,679 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: GS3 or Note 2

    Quote Originally Posted by mikekrafick View Post
    Unit?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    The phone, unsubsidised mate, like my s3 was 600 ($800?)

    MERRY XMAS!!!X
    Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

    Default Re: GS3 or Note 2

    So this wouldn't be an uncommon statement....." my unit is too big and it won't fit in my skinny jeans". LOL!

    Jk.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    funkylogik likes this.
  17. #42  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,679 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: GS3 or Note 2

    Quote Originally Posted by mikekrafick View Post
    So this wouldn't be an uncommon statement....." my unit is too big and it won't fit in my skinny jeans". LOL!

    Jk.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Lol i wear boot-fit, wouldnt be caught dead in skinnys but the s3 is like nearly the limit of jeanability

    Plus it has another more important unit to share jean space with

    MERRY XMAS!!!X
    Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
  18. #43  

    Default Re: GS3 or Note 2

    Well... You can get the S3 ($99) AND Nexus 7 ($199) together for the same price as a Note II ($299)....

    That is what I did and its really a no brainer...
  19. #44  

    Default Re: GS3 or Note 2

    I have the Note 2 on main line and S3 on secondary line. Note 2 is great and has a lot of cool features, especially with the S-Pen. S3 feels a lot better in the hand, and can be worn on a belt holster or placed in pocket easier. Some days I'm OK with the size of the Note 2, then there are days when I feel it's a little too big. The Note 2 is also heavier. Both are great phones.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Last edited by cdf3; 01-12-2013 at 01:25 PM.
  20. #45  

    Default Re: GS3 or Note 2

    Just my 2cents. Im returning my note 2 today for the s3 . Great device just too darn large.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-18-2012, 02:48 PM
  2. get the GS3 or wait?
    By olliegrl in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 10:46 PM
  3. S3 or Note?
    By footballbanker in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-04-2012, 04:13 PM
  4. Whats a good To do app or Note app?
    By webbie2 in forum AT&T Galaxy S II
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-12-2012, 02:05 PM
  5. tasks and memos or notes
    By MichaelN in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 11:32 PM

Posting Permissions