Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 96
Like Tree41Likes
  1. #51  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Antiviruses

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    Still? Again, why do you care so much?

    Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3
    Because it is a reinforcement of the stigma behind android and security. The ecosystem itself is far more secure than its PC counterparts in the sense that at least it tells you what you give the app access to. These antivirus makers are thriving on an unfounded fear. It makes me mad that we feed the fear of the general public making them think this os isn't secure or safe to use.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  2. #52  

    Default Re: Antiviruses

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Because it is a reinforcement of the stigma behind android and security. The ecosystem itself is far more secure than its PC counterparts in the sense that at least it tells you what you give the app access to. These antivirus makers are thriving on an unfounded fear. It makes me mad that we feed the fear of the general public making them think this os isn't secure or safe to use.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    You really need to stop your obsession and read this thread again. No one is in fear and most of us are living in reality and common sense.

    It affects you in NO WAY if we want AV and choose to use common sense and listen to the experts, not to mention the issue with the S3 that Samsung has CONFIRMED.

    AGAIN, does not affect you, you posted what you believe, please stop trying to derail this thread into your personal crusade.

    Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3
  3. #53  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Antiviruses

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    You really need to stop your obsession and read this thread again. No one is in fear and most of us are living in reality and common sense.

    It affects you in NO WAY if we want AV and choose to use common sense and listen to the experts, not to mention the issue with the S3 that Samsung has CONFIRMED.

    AGAIN, does not affect you, you posted what you believe, please stop trying to derail this thread into your personal crusade.

    Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3
    Again with the experts where please supply these experts.

    The s3 is again vulnerable to app based attacks by the time you install the app the damage will likely be done and no av will save you.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    HavnFunHere likes this.
  4. #54  

    Default Re: Antiviruses

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Again with the experts where please supply these experts.

    The s3 is again vulnerable to app based attacks by the time you install the app the damage will likely be done and no av will save you.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Still again, huh? Does not affect you. Don't know about what you know, but my software scans the app before it is installed and will stop it.

    But the bigger thing, WHY DO YOU CARE???

    Start your own thread with your info since this is the purpose and meaning of your entire life.
    Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3
  5. #55  
    tyrntlzrdking's Avatar

    Posts
    34 Posts
    ROM
    stock JB 4.1.1 / root

    Default Re: Antiviruses

    She is the only expert we need to know. It is now a fact.
  6. #56  
    NotJustAPhone's Avatar

    Posts
    11,458 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,762 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

    Default Re: Antiviruses

    Folks, let's keep the discussion civil. There's no need for the personal commentary.

    Sent from my Nexus 4
    Johnly and gingerc76 like this.
  7. #57  

    Default Re: Antiviruses

    Quote Originally Posted by tyrntlzrdking View Post
    She is the only expert we need to know. It is now a fact.
    Nope, I've posted the experts, but again, no one is telling YOU to put AV on YOUR phone are they?

    Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3
  8. #58  

    Default Re: Antiviruses

    My big thing, no one is attacking people choosing not to use AV, same can't be said for the other side of the coin

    Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3
  9. #59  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Antiviruses

    I wasn't attacking anyone I asked for clear cut evidence which I have yet to see.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  10. #60  
    NotJustAPhone's Avatar

    Posts
    11,458 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,762 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

    Default Re: Antiviruses

    This is directed to everyone active in this thread. No calling out other members. No personal commentary. Stick to a civil discussion.

    Sent from my Nexus 4
  11. #61  

    Default Re: Antiviruses

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    I wasn't attacking anyone I asked for clear cut evidence which I have yet to see.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    I've given you Samsung, people that work on these phones, etc. If you don't want it great.

    Attacking, you have attacked me several times, we were all answering the question here, which was in part, which one is the lightest on resources.

    Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3
  12. #62  
    Ricky Babalu's Avatar
    BEACH BUM

    Posts
    1,948 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

    Default Re: Antiviruses

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    You really need to stop your obsession and read this thread again. No one is in fear and most of us are living in reality and common sense.

    It affects you in NO WAY if we want AV and choose to use common sense and listen to the experts, not to mention the issue with the S3 that Samsung has CONFIRMED.

    AGAIN, does not affect you, you posted what you believe, please stop trying to derail this thread into your personal crusade.
    Once again misinformation! I have included the article in which it clearly states that only the "International" version of the S3 is susceptible. None of the U.S. phones are affected. That means everyone here in the states has nothing to worry about.
    "The actual exploit itself only affects devices with the Exynos 4210 and 4412 processor."

    I think it is important to not spread misinformation and only quote factual information.

    The Samsung Exynos kernel exploit - what you need to know | Android Central
    HavnFunHere likes this.
  13. #63  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Antiviruses

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    I've given you Samsung, people that work on these phones, etc. If you don't want it great.

    Attacking, you have attacked me several times, we were all answering the question here, which was in part, which one is the lightest on resources.

    Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3
    You have given us a weakness not a virus you have shown zero absolutely zero exploits I have given 2 clear ones from 2011. Both of which affected Chinese markets more than anything.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  14. #64  

    Default Re: Antiviruses

    JESUS HOLY CHRIST!

    BACK to the OP.

    I use Lookout, which has many other security features. Also, Trend Micro, a well known authority now has mobile virus, malware, etc protection. It's up to you to decide if you want to risk it.

    Lookout does not eat resources or battery.

    Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3
  15. #65  
    Ricky Babalu's Avatar
    BEACH BUM

    Posts
    1,948 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

    Default Re: Antiviruses

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidN3WB View Post
    Just got a SGS3 and was wondering if antiviruses are actually a necessity. And if so, which one is the lightest on resources/best?

    I also wanted to mention this is a lovely community and I've already done a ton to my phone thanks to all the valuable information I've gleaned off the threads.
    Are they a necessity? No, but it does not hurt anything if you decide to use one. It will be up to each individual to decide whether to use one or not based on facts not misinformation. The whole purpose of posting questions in a forum is to illicit different points of view, gather factual information. Unfortunately, there is substantial misinformation on this thread, that so far has not been able to be backed up by facts.
  16. #66  

    Default Re: Antiviruses

    Unreal, seriously, unreal..not what device people say that fix these phones, or other reputable experts, but hey, my phone is protected and I'm good.

    Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3
  17. #67  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Antiviruses

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    Unreal, seriously, unreal..not what device people say that fix these phones, or other reputable experts, but hey, my phone is protected and I'm good.

    Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3
    What is it protected from lol?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  18. #68  

    Default Re: Antiviruses

    What do you care? Stop quoting my posts and harassing me, thanks.

    Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3
  19. #69  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Antiviruses

    I think people are getting heated in here

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    gingerc76 and HavnFunHere like this.
  20. #70  

    Default Re: Antiviruses

    I want you to leave me alone and stop addressing me or replying to me. I haven't been heated YET.

    Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3
  21. #71  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Antiviruses

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    I want you to leave me alone and stop addressing me or replying to me. I haven't been heated YET.

    Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3
    I neither addressed you nor did I reply. Also welcome to a PUBLIC forum

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  22. #72  
    NotJustAPhone's Avatar

    Posts
    11,458 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,762 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

    Default Re: Antiviruses

    Posting in ALL CAPS is viewed as a heated response. Everyone take a deep breath and consider what you've written before submitting a post.

    Stay on topic. Keep a civil tone. If it's not about the subject of Android security vulnerabilities or security software for Android devices, it's off topic and shouldn't be posted in the thread.
  23. #73  

    Default Re: Antiviruses

    I posted one statement in all caps, long, long after enough was enough.

    Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3
  24. #74  

    Default Re: Antiviruses

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    I neither addressed you nor did I reply. Also welcome to a PUBLIC forum

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Either show respect and do not address me, discuss me, reply to me, etc or show no respect and keep it up. You were CLEAR about what I was addressing, playing naive isn't fooling anyone.

    So we are clear, pretend I do not exist.

    Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3
  25. #75  
    NotJustAPhone's Avatar

    Posts
    11,458 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,762 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

    Default Re: Antiviruses

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    I posted one statement in all caps, long, long after enough was enough.

    Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    Either show respect and do not address me, discuss me, reply to me, etc or show no respect and keep it up. You were CLEAR about what I was addressing, playing naive isn't fooling anyone.

    So we are clear, pretend. I do not exist.

    Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3
    No more off-topic posts. I have been very patient.
    Thanked by:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Antivirus??
    By nickf126 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-30-2011, 09:12 PM
  2. To Antivirus or not Antivirus
    By Gelst in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-15-2010, 04:48 PM
  3. Antivirus Free Surprise - Causes Issues
    By z32589 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 07:02 PM
  4. Antivirus Software
    By TreyDaPrince in forum The Android Central Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-15-2010, 07:20 PM
  5. Antivirus free v1.6.7 FIXED
    By pbrennan42 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-03-2010, 09:30 AM

Posting Permissions

B